2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 54
The biggest thing to take away from that is

DON'T REDEEM YOUR CODE IF YOU WANT TO SWAP IT FOR A PHYSICAL DISC.
I wonder how many will attempt to exchange their code after redeeming it...
Good news to everyone in Australia who is buying from EB Games.
http://i.imgur.com/GNrXOtn.png
If I'm reading correctly they are giving us a second copy of the game.

Edit: We are getting a complimentary disc.
Official word from EB Games.
Since there's no word on whether this is the LE disc, i', just gonna say screw it and for once go digital this time, this whole trade in system is to much hassle, especially since i'll have to get it posted to my uni address...
Since there's no word on whether this is the LE disc, i', just gonna say screw it and for once go digital this time, this whole trade in system is to much hassle, especially since i'll have to get it posted to my uni address...
Yep more then a hassle then anything
depending when you actually pick up your digital code, how fast you go to the site ,redeem it for a physical copy, depending how fast they process/ship the order and how fast it arrives at your home all depends whether you will be playing at launch or waiting a few days extra to play.
Yep more then a hassle then anything
depending when you actually pick up your digital code, how fast you go to the site ,redeem it for a physical copy, depending how fast they process/ship the order and how fast it arrives at your home all depends whether you will be playing at launch or waiting a few days extra to play.
I'm just thankful that my accommodations internet is good enough to actually download the game (I hope), since it's such a big game it may take a fair while, but other people might not be so lucky...
I wonder how many people will redeem the code thinking it's the code for their LE ingame content.
can us in the au do this or not
If you get it from Eb Games, the Limited collectors edition (one with statue) as of 2 days ago will come with a disk instead of the DLC.
Thats cool that you can do that.
dgoBites wrote:
Okay. I have one question. Will this be the disc like the one that comes in the limited edition or will it be the one from the normal edition? Because for some people, that could be a make or break.
Can't have your cake and eat it too.
That does not work here. I believe a lot of people who wanted a disc for limited collectors wanted the disc with the limited art work on it. They want it to match the set. Hence, this is something important and needs to be asked.
I knew this was coming
So does that mean we will get the disc early enough for midnight launch? Or do I get it in the mail the afternoon of October 27th?
Does anyone know whether it'll be possible to get the english version of the disc, when the console that has been ordered is in a different language? I'm german but playing through all the games in the original language. I tried contacting the german MS support, where I was told that they will probably only get the german copies of the game and that I should try contacting the UK support in order to get a copy in english. When contacting the english MS support I wasn't helped at all with the guy not even knowing anything about the entire disc-swap deal...
Does anyone know how I'll be able to get the game in english whilst living in germany? Without having to order a second UK-Import version obviously...
I watched an unboxing video of the halo 5 xbox one bundle and I think, that the SteelBook doesn't come with a clip for the CD. Does anyone know if the LCE contains the same SteelBook as the xbox one bundle or as the LE? It wouldn't make any sense to get a CD if you can't place it on your SteelBook
I have a question.

If the disc takes 3-5 business days to arrive after contacting them, does that mean you could possibly play the game early? Say you call right after picking it up on Monday morning(the 20th), and then it takes 3 or 4 business days, that would mean you'd have it on Thursday or Friday. Of course, if it's 5 days, I'd imagine that would take you to Monday the 27th, as I doubt it'll arrive on Saturday(depending on what delivery provider they are using).

Hmm...
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to play early, no. Just like people who install early can't play early, I wouldn't count on being able to play early.
I get a lot of games early, and if you have a disc can play as soon as it is installed you don't have to wait until released, and there are no bans if you do that, Xbox Support told me that the retailer is to blame for a broken street date because you can't ban a customer if he didn't know the release date.
HAWKB13 wrote:
I have a question.

If the disc takes 3-5 business days to arrive after contacting them, does that mean you could possibly play the game early? Say you call right after picking it up on Monday morning(the 20th), and then it takes 3 or 4 business days, that would mean you'd have it on Thursday or Friday. Of course, if it's 5 days, I'd imagine that would take you to Monday the 27th, as I doubt it'll arrive on Saturday(depending on what delivery provider they are using).

Hmm...
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to play early, no. Just like people who install early can't play early, I wouldn't count on being able to play early.
I get a lot of games early, and if you have a disc can play as soon as it is installed you don't have to wait until released, and there are no bans if you do that, Xbox Support told me that the retailer is to blame for a broken street date because you can't ban a customer if he didn't know the release date.
Halo has always been the exception to that rule. People caught playing Halo early have been perma banned since Halo 2. MS is very protective of it's golden goose.
I have a question.

Hmm...
That's assuming it ships out that same day. It's more realistic to expect a day or two or processing.
I rather have a physical copy of the game because digital takes like forever just to download.
If the disc is the LE disc, then im torn. Otherwise, ill happily DL my game 7 days early. Still kind of want to go to a launch party though
jskpk wrote:
Ok, hold on a sec. I have a REALLY big question here. Technically, the code appears on TWO separate editions of the game:
  1. The Limited Collector's Edition, AND
  2. The Xbox One Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition Bundle.
So, does this "trade-your-code" thing work for both editions, or only for those who preorder the Limited Collector's Edition?
I have the same question
It should work with both the Limited Collectors Edition and the Console limited edition. It would make no sense for it not too..
My thoughts exactly. After all, statue/console aside, they're basically the same thing.
So, if i swap for the disk (in UK), will it come in time so I can play it on the 27th.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 54