Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How to trade your code for a physical copy

OP Klifftacular

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 54
Tales wrote:
No one should have expected to get the disk today. MS has always been serious about street dates and receiving before midnight would not fall in line with their policy. This is something everyone should have considered when doing this swap.
Also about the packaging. I'm expecting it to be the LE disk with the LE steel book and nothing else considering we already have all the additional content.
When multiple chat agents have told me I will get it today, it leaves me a little frustrated that it hasn't arrived yet...
Also doesn't help when we have 9 GB patch to download. They could have at least let us predownload the patch somehow. Very frustrating. Looks like a lot of us won't get to play on release day even when we did the exchange last Tuesday when we got our LCE
Unfortunately it seems like everyone will be getting their discs tomorrow. I was able to get my REQ Bundle / LCE Content through email today. I'll live vicariously through twitch streams tonight I guess.
Tales wrote:
No one should have expected to get the disk today. MS has always been serious about street dates and receiving before midnight would not fall in line with their policy. This is something everyone should have considered when doing this swap.
Also about the packaging. I'm expecting it to be the LE disk with the LE steel book and nothing else considering we already have all the additional content.
When multiple chat agents have told me I will get it today, it leaves me a little frustrated that it hasn't arrived yet...
^This, and also, the multiplayer content is locked until midnight anyways, so the Campaign offline would be it. Not to mention the fact that the way Best Buy shipping works here in Ottawa means that my friend just received his standard copy disc about 4 hours ago. It was shipped from Toronto. So, no I don't think it was unreasonable for us to expect it today. Especially because everyone eligible for this swap has dropped some serious coin already. These are the faithful customers and fans, Microsoft should have been catering to us. Especially because I'm more likely to complain to everyone who will listen about how bad this experience has been, when they want positive feedback and people telling positive stories about their experiences.
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
Staarlord wrote:
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
Yes, but it isn't just about using the disc for playing the game, its about having the physical item in your collection. Everyone eligible for this swap dropped a lot of money for a statue or a console, a limited steelbook and the associated documents inside. All of these were physical items. Given that the Limited Edition comes with a special edition disc, I can understand why collectors would not be to enthused that they don't get the same treatment when they pay even more money for their set. They should have given us an option at purchase, or even better, just included both, since we've paid so much money for the product.
I'm so happy because I didn't swap my code, somehow I knew the disc wouldn't be delivered on time. I'll be playing in less than 3 hours (Europe). I hope you all get your discs as fast as possible.
Most people are all about the digital version. However, some like the disc for collector's purposes. I want the disc as I'm military and take my Xbox when we deploy. I can't play the digital versions offline. I am pissed that I spent $750+ (LCE / Xbox Bundle) and can't play till whatever time Fedex delivers it tomorrow + download time. 343 giving us the shaft again...
When I swapped for a physical disc I knew I'd be giving up the right to play right at midnight, which was fine with me I'll just go to a buddies house and play with him a midnight.I bought the LCE for a reason...for my collection lol. But the lack of communication is scary. Didn't get a confirmation email for my order, never got an email about download codes(had to do another chat to get the code) no tracking information provided even though myservice.xbox said shipped. (Tried fedex reference tracking, couldn't locate my tracking info)

TL:DR I just want my damn tracking number. Thats all.
I'm a bit dissapointed that microsoft didn't deliver the disc earlier than today for all the cash we put in this you would think a physical disc would come with the whole bundle.
Tempting, but I wanna play tomorrow. Saw this a bit too late. Oh well, digital has its advantages.
I guess I should have kept the copy that came in the Halo 5 Xbox One edition....oh well lol
Rimnek 015 wrote:
So I am late to the party. I been away for a few days now and I didn't have signal where I was at so I was not able to contact their support via phone but I have contacted over 20 different MS agent via live chat and it didn't work and that was my mistake. I'm so happy to hear that even those with the console version are getting their disc! As for me, I have two options right now, I can use the code and end the frustration or hold out and get the physical copy a whole week later.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I hate digital download and that the whole reason I switched over to console gaming.

Killer IV - if your there did you manage to secure a physical copy? It seem like everyone that came after us was able to get a copy.
Hey UncorkingFlea66, so while some Console owners are indicating that they will be receiving the disc, this is technically only for Limited Collector's Edition Owners. It seems that console owners that did the swap on Tuesday October 20th were able to get the order processed, but after that they started cracking down and were no longer accepting the console codes. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear. Mine and a buddy's were processed on the 20th, but another friend of mine tried to process his after the 20th and they wouldn't accept his code. If you want to try it, it won't cost you anything other than time, but I'd be surprised if they accept a console code at this point.
I did mine on the 19th but I did mine with chat instead of phone. I try calling phone but the guy ask me for my console number and I was not comfortable giving him it. Lesson learn. But I am very happy for everyone else! $500 or $250 and they can't even include a cheap disc? I'm okay, I'll just buy a cheap copy say 5 years from now so I can have it to my collection. It a shame but it is what it is.
reps told me that they need serial number to process the order.
Staarlord wrote:
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
The main method is digital for pc, but they still make discs. Also what are you talking about 2+ weeks?
Staarlord wrote:
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
It cool that some people have embraced digital, but I purely buy only physical games when the option is available. I don't even touch steam because don't trust it at all when it comes to keeping my games in the long haul. I'd like to be playing these when I'm in my 50s and I don't trust digital to support that properly. I still have 5.25" floppies I play games off of that you can't even find online.

That isn't even taking into consideration that people like to collect physical things and digital doesn't allow for that. If it was truly a digital world DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, hell even board games wouldn't still be viable on the market place.

I'll have my game tomorrow which IS launch an I'll be playing it on launch day. There is nothing to complain about in my opinion. Of course outside of the issue we all had even getting this exchange to happen.
Staarlord wrote:
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
PC also has a better company backing it, Valve. Yes there is DRM, but it's manageable and a breeze to get your games when you want them. With Xbone you have to worry about the way Microsoft thinks you should be able to get your content, and when you can and can't access it or play it.
iV iKiLLeR wrote:
Rimnek 015 wrote:
So I am late to the party. I been away for a few days now and I didn't have signal where I was at so I was not able to contact their support via phone but I have contacted over 20 different MS agent via live chat and it didn't work and that was my mistake. I'm so happy to hear that even those with the console version are getting their disc! As for me, I have two options right now, I can use the code and end the frustration or hold out and get the physical copy a whole week later.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I hate digital download and that the whole reason I switched over to console gaming.

Killer IV - if your there did you manage to secure a physical copy? It seem like everyone that came after us was able to get a copy.
Hey UncorkingFlea66, so while some Console owners are indicating that they will be receiving the disc, this is technically only for Limited Collector's Edition Owners. It seems that console owners that did the swap on Tuesday October 20th were able to get the order processed, but after that they started cracking down and were no longer accepting the console codes. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear. Mine and a buddy's were processed on the 20th, but another friend of mine tried to process his after the 20th and they wouldn't accept his code. If you want to try it, it won't cost you anything other than time, but I'd be surprised if they accept a console code at this point.
I did mine on the 19th but I did mine with chat instead of phone. I try calling phone but the guy ask me for my console number and I was not comfortable giving him it. Lesson learn. But I am very happy for everyone else! $500 or $250 and they can't even include a cheap disc? I'm okay, I'll just buy a cheap copy say 5 years from now so I can have it to my collection. It a shame but it is what it is.
reps told me that they need serial number to process the order.
They do it so they can have some kind of hardware link on their end through your console which unfortunately for some people that don't like it means their consoles are registered into Microsoft's systems.
they never did it for me when I picked up mine
Staarlord wrote:
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
It cool that some people have embraced digital, but I purely buy only physical games when the option is available. I don't even touch steam because don't trust it at all when it comes to keeping my games in the long haul. I'd like to be playing these when I'm in my 50s and I don't trust digital to support that properly. I still have 5.25" floppies I play games off of that you can't even find online.

That isn't even taking into consideration that people like to collect physical things and digital doesn't allow for that. If it was truly a digital world DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, hell even board games wouldn't still be viable on the market place.

I'll have my game tomorrow which IS launch an I'll be playing it on launch day. There is nothing to complain about in my opinion. Of course outside of the issue we all had even getting this exchange to happen.
Totally agree about the physical disc sentiment, however I disagree about the complaint comment. It seems that you are in the minority with regards to getting your copy by launch, but that doesn't seem to be the case for a lot of other people. We've paid this company too much money to be treated like this. For us in Canada, there is no garuntee we'll get the disc this week even. Our statuses haven't been updated.
You need to put the order number, ship date (26th), the United States, and your zip code. No need for an account number.
Thanks, doesn't return any info for me for any date, FedEx can't get any information with the number either.
Rimnek 015 wrote:
Staarlord wrote:
I've never seen a community go so crazy for physical disks than the console community. PC went digital starting back in 2003 with Steam beta...which is also around the time iTunes started to really gain traction. We've been in a digital world for over a decade. Still, I guess it's nice to know physical is still an option, but doing the above methods, you aren't playing until after launch. It will probably take 2+ weeks to get anything back. Especially, if a large amount of people are requesting them.
It cool that some people have embraced digital, but I purely buy only physical games when the option is available. I don't even touch steam because don't trust it at all when it comes to keeping my games in the long haul. I'd like to be playing these when I'm in my 50s and I don't trust digital to support that properly. I still have 5.25" floppies I play games off of that you can't even find online.

That isn't even taking into consideration that people like to collect physical things and digital doesn't allow for that. If it was truly a digital world DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, hell even board games wouldn't still be viable on the market place.

I'll have my game tomorrow which IS launch an I'll be playing it on launch day. There is nothing to complain about in my opinion. Of course outside of the issue we all had even getting this exchange to happen.
Totally agree about the physical disc sentiment, however I disagree about the complaint comment. It seems that you are in the minority with regards to getting your copy by launch, but that doesn't seem to be the case for a lot of other people. We've paid this company too much money to be treated like this. For us in Canada, there is no garuntee we'll get the disc this week even. Our statuses haven't been updated.
Yeah, I understand that is a major issue. I'm trying to hold off judgement until tomorrow on that though. Just because the system doesn't see it as shipped doesn't mean it isn't. I do a lot of online sales and have seen systems stay completely blank until days after delivery. Just recently I had a package say it was delivered to a completely wrong address on the opposite side of the country. The very next day it was delivered at the correct address and all the tracking information changed. It was very weird. I don't doubt that there is an issue for everyone up there, but until tomorrow we won't really know. That is simply how I see it. This whole thing has been a complete failure so far for ordering, and shipping and it sucks for everyone involved there is no doubt about that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 54