2. ...
  3. 46
  4. 47
  5. 48
  6. 49
  7. 50
  8. ...
  9. 54
Disc arrived (I'm in Texas). Plain basic copy/packaging, no codes. FedEx guy practically threw it on the ground in front of my door.

So, ordeal over I guess, since I managed to get the codes emailed to me beforehand. Disaster averted and an outcome I can live with, but -Yoink- job handling this Microsoft.

Hope everyone else gets their's soon.
I am pretty annoyed right now. I bought the LCE. I got it and opened it and found no disc.
I went and loaded the code and hopped on to complain to my friend, and found that I COULD have had a disc, but only if I did not redeem the code I had redeemed five minutes before.
WTF...
I was not told when I picked up the copy at Gamestop, I was not sent an email informing me that the exchange could be made by 343 or Xbox.
I have been busy with life and not watching the internet for something I was not aware would be a thing.

Anyone have any information on recourse if you have already redeemed your code? It is the principle of the thing at this point. I want my disc!

Lesson learned harshly, complain about the thing before using it.
Tekwraith wrote:
I am pretty annoyed right now. I bought the LCE. I got it and opened it and found no disc.
I went and loaded the code and hopped on to complain to my friend, and found that I COULD have had a disc, but only if I did not redeem the code I had redeemed five minutes before.
WTF...
I was not told when I picked up the copy at Gamestop, I was not sent an email informing me that the exchange could be made by 343 or Xbox.
I have been busy with life and not watching the internet for something I was not aware would be a thing.

Anyone have any information on recourse if you have already redeemed your code? It is the principle of the thing at this point. I want my disc!

Stick with your digital. Don't go thru what I just did. Less headache. Wished I would have kept my digital code.
Got the game, but here's the thing: Regular packaging, so no steelbook. Regular disc, and no codes. What the hell, Microsoft?
Got mine too. But never got my dlc codes. Had to go contact support to get my codes since i was never email them.
Tekwraith wrote:
WTF...

Stick with your digital. Don't go thru what I just did. Less headache. Wished I would have kept my digital code.
After reading your comment and others I will do that. I suppose if I reeeeeally want a disc I can pick one up stupid cheap at somepoint in the future.
Tekwraith wrote:
WTF...

xb1 shouldn't even have a disc drive. discs will be a thing of the past and could be, but people still want to keep their precious relics. my pc doesnt even have a disc drive, and i never even notice.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Got my disc but no codes. :(
Tekwraith wrote:
WTF...

xb1 shouldn't even have a disc drive. discs will be a thing of the past and could be, but people still want to keep their precious relics. my pc doesnt even have a disc drive, and i never even notice.
I want my relic so I can put it on the shelf next to my other relics and show my grand kids in forty years. I like to feel things in my hands, but also like to see them come alive on the screen. The cross over between the physical world and the virtual is a good thing.

They ARE my relics, my home is their reliquary, and I am their guardian.
Its really cool that they are allowing people to do this.
But digital safe guards from disc failure :)
But digital safe guards from disc failure :)
but it doesn't safe guard your access to your game. If you ever get banned, live goes offline, the game becomes unsupported, or any number of other possibilities you lose access to that and all your other games.
SCYAN1DE wrote:
Not really. It would have been better if they had actual give the LE disc, not the standard disc with the crappy art on it. If anything, they should have just included a disc to begin with. Let's all look at this for what it truly is, it was a way to increase profit since they reduced the discs they needed to ship and cut down on the plastic they had to use since they didn't have to put in a disc holder.
SCYAN1DE wrote:
Not really. It would have been better if they had actual give the LE disc, not the standard disc with the crappy art on it. If anything, they should have just included a disc to begin with. Let's all look at this for what it truly is, it was a way to increase profit since they reduced the discs they needed to ship and cut down on the plastic they had to use since they didn't have to put in a disc holder.
The cost for that spool piece is marginal. They save pretty much nothing by going digital with it considering bandwidth and server costs, they are just trying to get people use to the concept of digital so they can control the market place an DRM more than they already do.
I think I'm just gunna stick with the digital it's seems to much of a hassle
Honestly, had I known this is how things would have turned out, I would have cancelled my LCE preorder and switched to the LE.

Thank God I cancelled my console preorder...
I got mine today as well but they sent me two Disc. And I have the Halo 5 : Limited Edition bundled with my Halo 5 Edition Xbox One.
lol you can do that? Never knew of that. But why trade your digital for disc?
Disc arrived (I'm in Texas). Plain basic copy/packaging, no codes. FedEx guy practically threw it on the ground in front of my door.

So, ordeal over I guess, since I managed to get the codes emailed to me beforehand. Disaster averted and an outcome I can live with, but -Yoink- job handling this Microsoft.

Hope everyone else gets their's soon.
I got the same thing. I actually had to call them back and go through about 40 more minutes due to my own fault (didn't say the last 3 digits of my gamertag lol...) and got the codes.

Wish they had sent a friggin limited edition disc to the limited collectors edition holders. They sent me a regular copy.

I almost wish I was in Australia, least I'd have gotten a complimentary disc!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 46
  4. 47
  5. 48
  6. 49
  7. 50
  8. ...
  9. 54