2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 54
In communication with Microsoft Rep. He indicated that the console download code is eligible, but they are requiring a photo of proof of purchase/reciept to be sent to them as well, which was not a listed step in the article. Here goes the song and dance...

Reminder that the article with swap details is here: http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/games/halo-5-guardians-disc-swap

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the LE download code has the game, Warzone REQ bundle and the Fall of Reach animated series all on the same code.
Be prepared to give them your Xbox One serial # ...

Something about having to register the disc to my console...
Rimnek 015 wrote:
In communication with Microsoft Rep. He indicated that the console download code is eligible, but they are requiring a photo of proof of purchase/reciept to be sent to them as well, which was not a listed step in the article. Here goes the song and dance...

Reminder that the article with swap details is here: http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/games/halo-5-guardians-disc-swap
Not being asked for proof of purchase as of yet...

Did you have to do the receipt/proof of purchase deal too? Why does the disc needed to be registered to my xbox? What if I decide to sell it, or give it away, or my xbox breaks?
will i get the disc before the 27th if i did it when i get the code? im getting one later today and will trade it in today if ill have it before the 27th
will i get the disc before the 27th if i did it when i get the code? im getting one later today and will trade it in today if ill have it before the 27th
They indicated that it would be 3-5 BUSINESS days from when you placed the exchange request,so hopefully you should get it, I've got fingers crossed for mine, but there are no guarantees.
Rimnek 015 wrote:

Did you have to do the receipt/proof of purchase deal too? Why does the disc needed to be registered to my xbox? What if I decide to sell it, or give it away, or my xbox breaks?
No did not have to provide proof of purchase and my order is complete and I can view the status at myservice.xbox.com already. Asking about the code for the additional LCE content (Warzone REQ Bundle and Halo: The Fall of Reach) now.
MS guy is confused about the code for the additional LCE content (Warzone REQ Bundle and Halo: The Fall of Reach) ...
Rimnek 015 wrote:

No did not have to provide proof of purchase and my order is complete and I can view the status at myservice.xbox.com already. Asking about the code for the additional LCE content (Warzone REQ Bundle and Halo: The Fall of Reach) now.
I just gave my xbox's Serial Number. Currently asking about Standard Disc vs Limited Edition Disc, and Disc packaging method, ie will it come with a case clip? Will follow up with Warzone bundle and Animated Series question momentarily. The article indicates we'll get a new code for those, but it would be nice to confirm it.
How do you say "clusterf*ck" without using the "F" word?
How do you say "clusterf*ck" without using the "F" word?
I believe the military uses: "Charlie Foxtrot"
So "hopefully" the code for the LCE content will be shipped with the disc, that is the gist I got from the MS agent who had to check several times and who I referred to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/halo-5-guardians-disc-swap and also quoted "Once the order has been placed, you should receive your disc, along with a code for you to redeem the additional LCE content (Warzone REQ Bundle and Halo: The Fall of Reach), within 3-5 business days."

Only time will tell; did not get into the whole "what disc do we get" or "is there a sleeve for it" etc. as at this point its been 45 minutes and I want to go back to bed.

Will check this thread tonight at work to see how everybody else wound up, good luck people!
Rimnek 015 wrote:
Rimnek 015 wrote:

I just gave my xbox's Serial Number. Currently asking about Standard Disc vs Limited Edition Disc, and Disc packaging method, ie will it come with a case clip? Will follow up with Warzone bundle and Animated Series question momentarily. The article indicates we'll get a new code for those, but it would be nice to confirm it.
I'm just gonna buy the stick on adhesive ones (clip) to hold the disc and use the steelbook case as is.
Okay, I have the answers that this thread was searching for 9 pages ago!
It has been disappointing to have experienced such a lack of cohesive information from the Xbox Support team As Von Whovian said above, this whole experience has felt like a complete Charlie Foxtrot, and someone at Microsoft or 343i dropped the ball with communicating clearly to everyone involved what was happening. I have personally chatted with Xbox Support 4 times about this issue, and Microsoft Support about it once. I was given two different answers, and the funniest thing was when Xbox Support sent me to Microsoft Support for the answer, and they had no idea and sent me back to Xbox Support. Finally, after many conversations, excited moments, disappointments and probably 5-6 cumulative hours on my part ACTIVELY trying to get this thread's question's answered, it is over and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Please keep in mind that I am from Canada, so your experience may vary by region. I preordered, and have now received, the Halo 5: Guardians Special Edition Console.

At roughly 10am local time I picked up my console from the store I'd preordered it at. I raced back to my computer and began opening the package and reviewing the contents. At 10:30 I took the plunge and opened the chat with Xbox Support. I resolved the conversation at 11:25 local time and here is what this particular support agent confirmed for me.
-The Console Digital Download Code WAS/IS eligible for the swap.
-The Limited Edition disc (with limited edition disc art) will be the version shipped.
-The disc will be transported in a Standard Edition game case.
-A download code for the Warzone REQ bundle and the Halo: The Fall of Reach animated series will be included in this package.
-I should receive the package 3-5 business days from TODAY (here's hoping!)
-I can view the status of my order here: https://myservice.xbox.com

For those of you curious about what the process looked like, here is the rundown of what was required of me, though I know that it was different for Von Whovian, so it may be different for you.

-Opened up a chat window with Xbox Support
-Waited while the support guy reviewed the article I sent him the link for: http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/games/halo-5-guardians-disc-swap
-Gave him my Gamertag
-Gave him my digital download code
-Took a photograph of the receipt/proof of purchase, the front of the mini download code booklet, and the back of the mini download code booklet that contains the actual code and emailed it to him. Put the receipt on the Xbox packaging box for effect. (The front of the mini download code booklet has a pic of the Chief and Locke, and a description of the downloaded content. The interior of the booklet is an ad for the Silver and Green Xbox One Controllers, and the Silver and Green Astro Headset, and the back contains the legal jargon and the download code)
-Gave him my Xbox One Serial Number
-Gave him my full name and shipping address
-Confirmed the Disc Swap
-Breathed a Sigh of Relief, saved the transcript of the chat, thanked the support guy for his good work and closed the chat.
-Elapsed time of chat (including a few extra questions from me): 55 minutes.

For those of you confused about the specific items included in the console, here is a breakdown:
-1x Silver Special Edition Controller
-2x Duracell AA Batteries
-1x Special Edition Xbox Console
-1x Black Standard Xbox One Headset
-1x Standard Power Bar/Plug
-1x Standard Xbox One How To manual booklet
-1x Download Code for FOTUS class Armour
-1x Limited Edition Steelbook Case (That contains NO clip to hold a disc). The case contains
-1x Download Code Booklet Advertising additional Halo 5 Xbox One Accessories (Controllers and Astro Headsets) and a SINGLE download code that contains the code for Halo 5: Guardians, the Warzone REQ bundle and Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series
-1x Xbox Live 14 Day Gold Trial Download Code
-1x Spartan Locke's Orders Sheet
-1x Green Package containing dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
-1x Unassembled Guardian Statue by Metal Earth with Instructions
Just wondering is there a reason a lot of users want to trade in their code for a disc?
Just wondering is there a reason a lot of users want to trade in their code for a disc?
Personally, I prefer to have the physical disc since I can loan it to friends, possibly sell it to someone, and if something should happen to my Xbox or Live account that would cause the game to disappear/become unplayable then I don't have to worry about going and buying a new copy.
Not to mention that you then have in your possession a physical Collector's item (since the new disc is the Limited Collector's disc).
not available in taiwan....
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Just finished doing this. They asked for proof of purchase and for the Xbox One serial number. I sure hope I get my disc and DLC Codes 3 to 5 days from now ... I live in Puerto Rico and I have a feeling that it will take a little longer. We'll see.
It's good to have a physical copy for us collectors. Plus I have two Xbox consoles now, , so my wife can use the disc (since her Xbox doesn't have the big harddrive) while I use the digital code that comes with my Halo 5 Console.

And yes, this whole process was a bit of a Mike Foxtrot Charlie Foxtrot.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 54