Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] how to upgrade weapons? newbie, please help

OP PythonTN

this is my first halo, but I've b een playing some off and on last day , but I'm still with the same assult rifle, and pistol.. I think I'm at level 8, when or how do you upgrade your loadouts? and are the requestions only available at start of warzone and req stations? doesn't see to let you in arena slayer? I'm at great disadvantage not being able to upgrade my assult rifle,etc.. please advise..
You cannot change or customize your load outs in Halo. Everyone has equal starts starting with the same equipment and abilities. So there's not much of a disadvantage for you. Just have good aim, movement, and play smart and you'll pull wins easily. And yes all REQs are only available through Warzone. Hope this helps you, and hope you get better as the game progresses. :)
No customizable layouts in Halo 5 unfortunately... You'll have to pick up weapons or use req weapons in war zone..
The REQS are only usable in warzone. I'm arena everything is completely fair and even. As for the weapon upgrades, this so not call of duty you cannot upgrade your weapons and there are no changeable load outs in arena, however there are in warzone. You can spawn with a BR if you want but that's only after playing a little bit.
CasualVox wrote:
No customizable layouts in Halo 5 unfortunately... You'll have to pick up weapons or use req weapons in war zone..
how do you get the other assult rifles? right now it showing me having the first of 20 or so
You unlock those via REQ packs I believe, but again, they can only be used in Warzone.
PythonTN wrote:
CasualVox wrote:
how do you get the other assult rifles? right now it showing me having the first of 20 or so
In warzone: while at either a req station on on the respawn screen open the menu with Y choose the AR (since yore changing ARs) your other ARs are there. Note you may need to have a certain # of req level to use. They will not cost you any req energy.

If you have skins: open customization menu. Go to weapon skins choose the gun you want to skin. Chose a skin.
Note cosmetic choices carry over into arena.

To get more req items including skins and armor open req packs.
You earn them by simply playing and can buy them with the points you earn just by playing at the req store. You can sell req items for points. EVERYTHING CAN BE UNLOCKED BY SIMPLY PLAYING. If you dont have the time to play but want more req then you can spend $2-3 on bypassing the point system and getting a req pack.

Note even if you spend $100 on req you can get nothing but needler and mongoose. While some one who just played can get a tank. Even if you get a lot of good things the req energy system prevents pay to win. You cant send out tanks and mantis back to back unless you have the energy and the ammount you can have is the same as everyone else.
Thanks snickerdoodle. Great explanation.
PythonTN wrote:
CasualVox wrote:
In warzone: while at either a req station on on the respawn screen open the menu with Y choose the AR (since yore changing ARs) your other ARs are there. Note you may need to have a certain # of req level to use. They will not cost you any req energy.

If you have skins: open customization menu. Go to weapon skins choose the gun you want to skin. Chose a skin.
Note cosmetic choices carry over into arena.

To get more req items including skins and armor open req packs.
You earn them by simply playing and can buy them with the points you earn just by playing at the req store. You can sell req items for points. EVERYTHING CAN BE UNLOCKED BY SIMPLY PLAYING. If you dont have the time to play but want more req then you can spend $2-3 on bypassing the point system and getting a req pack.

Note even if you spend $100 on req you can get nothing but needler and mongoose. While some one who just played can get a tank. Even if you get a lot of good things the req energy system prevents pay to win. You cant send out tanks and mantis back to back unless you have the energy and the ammount you can have is the same as everyone else.
I'm not really talking about the power-up items, but your regular loadout? when it shows the Assult rifle it has 20 or so but only the first one is available EVER from what I can tell... I get the power up weapons and veichles,etc and how they work, but don't understand the others...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
PythonTN wrote:
CasualVox wrote:
By buying req packs you can varaities of it
That's -Yoinking!- gay. You should be able to customize weapons!!!
Go play COD then
buy req packs and u have a chance at getting weapon certification's, each one u get will add another weapon or variation of a weapon u can use, some r for your load out some r for power weapons. Like if u get the battle rifle certification, after making kills and getting to req power level three u can go to a req station and chose the Br and what weapon u want to swap it for or wait till u die and do it there and u will spawn with the Br for the rest of the match, stronger weapons requires higher rep power levels to swap in. U will always start every match with the pistol and ar
PythonTN wrote:
CasualVox wrote:
By buying req packs you can varaities of it
Man, those varaities are key to gameplay
guys this thread was from last year let it die
PythonTN wrote:
CasualVox wrote:
You can choose a new weapon to spawn with when you die in warzone. Which ones you can choose depends on your current req level that game. I suggest you look at someone playing on twitch.tv if you need to see it in action :)
The other thing to try and remember is what class of req packs to buy. My suggestion has been to buy nothing but bronze and once you start getting 500 req points in a purchase means you've unlocked all commons. Then move to buying nothing but silver req packs. This will lead you eventually to some better weapons. If you start off by buying gold/silver from the beginning, your chances of hitting stuff you could have gotten in silver/bronze is extremely high. That means you could have won the item for much less points.
Please don't revive old threads thanks