Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

How would you feel about killing humans?

OP ANamelessHero91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Well in warzone you kill "marines", so it wouldn't be that surprising, but I still kinda doubt it.
I know I could fight some ONI Spartans but I certainly could not kill some ONI staff or insurrectionists. It wouldn't be right because it simply wouldn't be fair. All enemies in the past were balanced in some way or justified. Jackals were great at precision weapons or had shields and grunts had heavy weapons and in the canon, could rip a man limb from limb. It would indeed create a strong emotional reaction if we charged into an ONI facility and had to kill some marines or something, I would indeed be a bit shaken.
I spent plenty of time in Halo 3 killing Sergeant Johnson over and over for his Spartan Laser, and i killed countless marines in every Halo game for their ammo, or no reason at all.

I think it'd make it even easier to kill other humans if they wanted to kill me as well.
I don't mind killing flood humans.
Don't think fighting humans will actually impact the game whatsoever. Not even an glimpse of "Emotional disturbance" in my opinion.

If we were to fight humans, that would be the only choice you could make as it is the only choice you are given by the game, wich means you can emotionally detach yourself from the decision of doing so. Yes, it would be awkward, since fighting humans is not the first thing you think of when you play these series.
I see some people posting about how we fight humans in pvp, but take the consideration that all these "humans" are suited up with armor and only resemble humans in shape and form, but each game is merely an simulation of something we know. The idea of H4 multiplayer itself was an "Simulation" on Infinity.

In pvp, the only choice you are given is to kill the opponent, even in objective gametype's you will have to kill for means of defense or offense, so the equation remains the same. When the only choice you are given is to kill an human opponent and there is no actual downside to doing so, the question of "Would you be okay in doing so" doesn't matter anymore as we can simply detach ourself by saying" it's the only way i can make progress".

Now if they would give you the morale choice of killing humans or not killing them, that would actually make the game more intresting, because we are given the choice to do so and there is an consequence bound to the approach we take to our own decision.

And some other people are just a s s h o l e s who like killing marines for ammo and johnson for his laser, i guess.
Killed them in Iraq. Be killing them in a video game. A target is a target. At least I won't suffer PTSD from a video game like I do from my time in the War
I wouldn't personally care as it is only a video game. A target is a target if you stand in my way I will kill you no matter your race.
Basically Halo is a war story. Of course there's more to it than just the many different wars, but they make up a big part of it. How would a WWII game be without killing? Whether it's killing aliens or humans, killing is still killing. If the (hi)story demands to show it we can't ignore it.
(If we look at storylines like Halo Legends - Origins we learn that humankind is always set to wage war and kill each other and that only when faced with a common enemy it stops...but there is no clear common enemy anymore.)

~ Besides, gameplay wise we are already killing humans in multiplayer.
Hunt the Truth did a good job of dropping red herrings all over the place and leading many to be convinced that Halo is going ONI vs Innies, but there is no chance of that since the real threat is looming in the shadows.
That is an interesting idea....
i dont feel very good with the idea of killing humans but it my just appen if you have to fight fireteam osiris as blue team becuase we all know that the chief will not die so we cant fight him
I personally would notlike it at all, to me Halo was the weak and outgunned human race clinging on to life against the much more powerful Covenant
I don't see why this would be jarring. If the ONI becomes the enemy (oh, they are already the enemy), why not kill them? I've killed many Spartans and soldiers in Halo 4's mission Shutdown
I can't stand humanity, or ONI for that matter, so I think it would be nice to kill them without them complaining like "hey I'm on your side!"
I'd spray and pray down the hallway, shooting all ONI forces in my way.
Insurrectionists? Bring it on, rebel scum!
ONI Personnel? I'd rather not, they're just pawns in ONI's hands. They're not bad people.
The story seems to be going in that direction for sure.

In Halo: CE there was the insane marine who attacks you in 343 guilty spark anyways
I think what would be crazy is having to suddenly kill a human. Like, an ONI operative draws their pistol on you, and you have to quickly take them out. That'd be jarring for me.
EmiDidact wrote:
I can't stand humanity, or ONI for that matter, so I think it would be nice to kill them without them complaining like "hey I'm on your side!"
That's pretty dark, Emi. xD
I don't see it being a big problem. I shoot down marines in Halo CE... and they are good guys, lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6