1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
More unplugged music with some Gregorian chanting
AMBR8978 wrote:
First off, don't think I'm implying that the H5 OST is bad. IMO it might be the most entertaining OST of all the Halo titles, in that I can enjoy listening to the entire OST from beginning to end. In fact, if I had to score it (not taking OST game-integration into account) I'd give it a 9.2/10.

That being said, I would like to see more choir integrated in the music, more bass-line-heavy pieces (think In Amber Clad H2), more ambient pieces and a little more integration of classic Halo themes (again, like In Amber Clad).

What about you, what would you like to see more of (and/or less of) in the H6 OST?
More cowbell. It needs more cowbell.
I think it shouldn't rely on the original series music. I feel like it does not make any sense in the new story 343 is creating. Halo 5 OST was great, but I would have liked more slower songs and more songs focused on percussion.
I think it shouldn't rely on the original series music. I feel like it does not make any sense in the new story 343 is creating. Halo 5 OST was great, but I would have liked more slower songs and more songs focused on percussion.
What'd you think about Blue Team? Sounds like what you're looking for.
At this point, I think it's safe to say we all agree it needs more cowbell.
AMBR8978 wrote:
At this point, I think it's safe to say we all agree it needs more cowbell.
Ya for sure if they just had one musician playing the cowbell just one the whole soundtrack would be flawless.
I think that the main thing lacking in Halo 5's (and 4's) soundtrack was drums. There is a serious lack of both tribal drums and drumkits.
KingRawer wrote:
I think that the main thing lacking in Halo 5's (and 4's) soundtrack was drums. There is a serious lack of both tribal drums and drumkits.
In general I agree, we need more drums, but I think H5 did better than H4 in having them included. I would especially like more drumkit.
Bring Marty in.
Needs more percussion, both drums and bells. Even more unique forms of percussion like pipes. Percussion can be found in most original Halo songs.

Same with choir vocals, string instruments, and synthesizers(?) in the background all working in tandem to give some songs a very ethereal feel.

Distinct lack of bass guitar as well.

Problem with modern songs is that it's mostly just generic orchestral music that does nothing to stand out. While traditional Halo mixed a lot of instruments you wouldn't expect to go together. Look at Peril. It's electronic music, vocals, and Tambourines.

Or just get these guys to do the music. ._.
I would like more of the warthog theme, we only had one warthog theme in the trials, and it is most people's favorite song. I also feel that we need more action pieces (Kamchatka was used a ton), and more mood setting pieces. The piece used on Sanghelios where they used the low tone whistle was incredible, and we need more like that to set the tone of the environment. If you think of New Mombassa, a ton of that music was trumpets, expressing the vast cities. When you went to Delta Halo, the music turned into monks humming chanting to express the majestic ring. We need more of that music.
H BIRYANI wrote:
More integration of the old. It says "Halo" on the cover from CE to 5, so why did the music style need to change when Halo is still Halo. While there are a few good tracks from 4-5, there is nowhere near the critical acclaim these two soundtracks have garnered compared to the old style soundtrack.
Make more use of traditional halo sounds. Pretty much more emphasis on drums, piano, choir, violin.
I really don't listen to the Halo ost like that. I usually listen to music I want when I play. Preferably, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir and Behemoth. Kinda wish they would add more Heavy Metal instrumentals . . .
I would add more string instruments to add a more orchestral feel. Maybe mix it in with and electronic sound.
Guitar, more drums, more eerieness.
Whats Ost? (I'm a small idiot sorry)
Halo 5's soundtrack sounds straight out of a Marvel movie

Martys music stood on it's own as iconic, standalone music, that was Halo

If Halo 5's music is a "9/10" Marty's music was a 13/10

No disrespect to the H5 composer, it's just a tough job to follow marty, cause lets just say it, Marty is the John Williams of video game music, Halo is the Star Wars of video games in terms of music. but it couldn't hurt to actually try and sound like Halo music
Whats Ost? (I'm a small idiot sorry)
Original Soundtrack.

In laymans terms it's just a way to refer to all of the music in a game.

Officially, it's a published and monetized collection of a game's songs (which might not actually contain all of the game's music).
H BIRYANI wrote:
More integration of the old. It says "Halo" on the cover from CE to 5, so why did the music style need to change when Halo is still Halo. While there are a few good tracks from 4-5, there is nowhere near the critical acclaim these two soundtracks have garnered compared to the old style soundtrack.
Different composers. Obviously
Halo 5's soundtrack sounds straight out of a Marvel movie

Martys music stood on it's own as iconic, standalone music, that was Halo

If Halo 5's music is a "9/10" Marty's music was a 13/10

No disrespect to the H5 composer, it's just a tough job to follow marty, cause lets just say it, Marty is the John Williams of video game music, Halo is the Star Wars of video games in terms of music. but it couldn't hurt to actually try and sound like Halo music
I understand what you're saying here. Originally, this post was more about the music in the OST than the integration in-game which in my opinion is something that the original trilogy blows the new games out of the water on. Halo 5 did a lot better job than Halo 4 in regards to integrating the music with the gameplay, but they still have not reached the level of the original trilogy outside of a handful of moments each IMO.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4