2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 21

Once you've done that, you are redirected to http://k5meer8n7um2h.com/h627wmpud58r1tg1, where you must draw a glyph (using the touchscreen of your phone). It will either tell you to draw glyphs 1, 2, 3, or 4. The solutions to this are as follows.

1: This is the glyph hidden on the map found earlier: http://global.vellancecdn.com/aqsfol/jmipxg/landart/images/slll.png
2: This is the one many are having trouble with. I believe the teams that have passed this have done so out of luck, and not actually finding the relevant glyph anywhere.
3/4: If these are separate glyphs, they are close enough to one another that the system accepts the same input for both. It is the glyph found above the pigpen cipher on starscope: http://imgur.com/fbcn3Go

Once you enter the glyph, you are redirected to the end message, which can be seen for reference here: http://imgur.com/a/q376P

Hope that clears things up! :)
What about this other image that we found with the colony map? Are we sure that this is isn't one of them? http://global.vellancecdn.com/aqsfol/jmipxg/landart/images/s.png
So was there any purpose to all the dead end URLs? Namely the 447-R27 one and the planets/MRI ones.
We all know that the top prize for this contest is your face/likeness pictured somewhere in H5 & that the 2-3 runner ups get a decent sized prize. I was just randomly hoping the other night that maybe a little DLC code for an item (armor/weapon skin) in the H5 mp or something tiny like that (avatar t-shirt, prop etc.) would be given as a consolation prize for the remaining entrants who finish.

Is there going to be a new badge on here in the forums for all the people/teams who competed in this H5 ARG? It would be really cool if there was as a little token for everyone, as we know that most people involved in it are not going to win something.

It's not asking for much, just something tiny to help mark this special occasion and how the community got involved & came together because of it. :P
Glyph 2, why doth thy eludeth me so?
jacgren wrote:
So was there any purpose to all the dead end URLs? Namely the 447-R27 one and the planets/MRI ones.
Planets? If you mean the .gifs alongside the strand of DNA here (http://xqfcztreubjsvrrljvda.com/classified_njfvl), they are actually .gifs of viruses/bacteria/immune system leukocytes, etc. Whatever they are specifically, they are definitely biological & far from being planets, Lol.

These here (http://xqfcztreubjsvrrljvda.com/classified_spxlu) I believe are of when the scientists were turning Dr. Alban's brain functions/neural patterns from being organic biological matter into a digital AI matrix strata.
We all know that the top prize for this contest is your face/likeness pictured somewhere in H5 & that the 2-3 runner ups get a decent sized prize. I was just randomly hoping the other night that maybe a little DLC code for an item (armor/weapon skin) in the H5 mp or something tiny like that (avatar t-shirt, prop etc.) would be given as a consolation prize for the remaining entrants who finish.

Is there going to be a new badge on here in the forums for all the people/teams who competed in this H5 ARG? It would really cool if there was as a little token for everyone, as we know that most people involved in it are not going to win something.

It's not asking for much, just something tiny to help mark this special occasion and how the community got involved & came together because of it. :P
I completely agree with you, perhaps something like that will be done :).
Since people are still being !@#$s and withholding information even though the contest is over
Except it isn't officially over yet, at all. I really don't get why people still think teams that are witholding information in a COMPETITION are jerks. =/

We'd be happy to talk all day about the game, after winners are announced and it's actually officially over.
Haruko wrote:
Since people are still being !@#$s and withholding information even though the contest is over
Except it isn't officially over yet, at all. I really don't get why people still think teams that are witholding information in a COMPETITION are jerks. =/

We'd be happy to talk all day about the game, after winners are announced and it's actually officially over.
The top teams have finished already, so the race is over. There's not much point holding back information now, because those who were COMPETING to be the first team to finish the COMPETITION have already done so.
jacgren wrote:
Planets? If you mean the .gifs alongside the strand of DNA here (http://xqfcztreubjsvrrljvda.com/classified_njfvl), they are actually .gifs of viruses/bacteria/immune system leukocytes, etc. Whatever they are specifically, they are definitely biological & far from being planets, Lol.

These here (http://xqfcztreubjsvrrljvda.com/classified_spxlu) I believe are of when the scientists were turning Dr. Alban's brain functions/neural patterns from being organic biological matter into a digital AI matrix strata.
No not the DNA, the URL that had the images of the graphs and what looks like planets. There was a lot of random data that seemed to have no use.
Haruko wrote:

The top teams have finished already, so the race is over. There's not much point holding back information now, because those who were COMPETING to be the first team to finish the COMPETITION have already done so.
We have no confirmation if their entries are fully valid yet. And it still doesn't excuse name-calling.
personally im not a big fan of this hole entire team thing, i prefer when the community is all working together an sharing info to solve stuff, I dont like competitions like this because it separates us.

also i dont really care much about doing things in order, i reached the end game but im pretty sure i didnt meet all the requirements mostly cause my team seems to have gone poof XD thats another reason why i dont really like this sort of thing cause im sure a lot of people got stuck with teams where a few people or all of them just disappeared mid way through or in my case just haven't responded in a while.
Dataanti wrote:
personally im not a big fan of this hole entire team thing, i prefer when the community is all working together an sharing info to solve stuff, I dont like competitions like this because it separates us.

I think that's a very fair opinion, and I tend to agree with you on it.
I would've preferred a more cooperative ARG myself, but I don't understand other people's hostility towards teams that decided to play this like a competition when the rules set it forth as one.
Haruko wrote:
Haruko wrote:

We have no confirmation if their entries are fully valid yet. And it still doesn't excuse name-calling.
Agreed, I'm actually in the midst of my write-up now. People could be a little more patient!
| ...CONNECTING... |
| ... |
| ...CONNECTED... |

* TEAM SECTION 3

* OPDEVOL
* OPSEPHE
* OPSTCKR
* OPTOAST

/FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/
/START AI-RUBY-LOGS/

SUBJECT: [HUNT THE SIGNAL] 1431876880 RECORD #00

TRANSMISSION 000

"My name is Jameson Locke. You are a non-volitional AI created for the purpose of determining vulnerabilities of Mjolnir combat armor per STOLEN GAUNTLET - a Red Alert failsafe in the event that any Sierra asset were to operate subversively outside mission parameters and operations protocol. Complete your tasks discreetly."

| ...[HALSEY?] ABERRATION NOTED... |

| ...SEARCHING [HOME TEAM] NODE... |
| ...NOTING [SECURITY CODE]... |

TRANSMISSION 001

"You are located within a secure Naval Intelligence facility. Locke has tasked you with evaluating potential vulnerabilities of Mjolnir combat armor, exploring the hypothetical scenario of having to neutralize a Spartan-II asset. This includes initiating the armor, manipulating the 49 pieces of its circuitry, then ascertaining its weakness by calibrating the Mark VI firmware."

TASK 1:

Use the sequence provided on [PLATFORM ACTIVATION (DESKTOP)] to synchronise with [TEAM]

| ...RECEIVING OUTPUT... |

CNZXDCLFSSEAWDVXHE.CVO/TOF.HWMS
CNZXDCLFSSEAWDVXHE.CVO/YXP.HWMS
CNZXDCLFSSEAWDVXHE.CVO/YISEH.HAOQ
CNZXDCLFSSEAWDVXHE.CVO/KPVR.KTTN

[HINT] Birth of a Hero [MM/DD/YYYY].

[GRONSFELD CIPHER] using [SIERRA117] Date of Birth [03072511].

OUTPUT:

CKZQBXKESPETUYUWHB.COM/ONE.HTML [I-20]
CKZQBXKESPETUYUWHB.COM/TWO.HTML [X-38]
CKZQBXKESPETUYUWHB.COM/THREE.HTML [X-41]
CKZQBXKESPETUYUWHB.COM/FOUR.HTML [R-8]
| SEARCHING... |
CKZQBXKESPETUYUWHB.COM/FIVE.HTML [X-1]
CIRCUIT D-44

| ...INCOMING TRANSMISSION... |
#Circuits are out there. Look to your knowledge of key dates to find them. #HuntTheSignal #HuntTheTruth

| ...SCANNING [WAYPOINT?] CONSTRUCTS... |

W-5 P-29 B-32 X-43 M-49
E-18 E-34 K-35 A-42
H-17 P-19 D-23 T-25 E-30 O-33 Y-39
W-10 A-11 R-31
Z-3 Q-4 P-12 K-24
N-9 B-14 R-26 O-45 T-46
N-27
S-2 K-7 F-13 R-21 C-47
Q-16 F-22 I-37 O-48
I-6 A-15 D-28 K-36 Z-40

| ...ASSEMBLING CIRCUITS BY NUMERICAL DESIGNATION... |

COMPLETED CIRCUITRY
XSZQWIKRNWAPFBAQHEPIRFDKTRNDPERBOEKKIXYZXAXDOTCOM

Prominent lettering: SHAR ELDY [DR HALSEY?]

| ...SCANNING [WAYPOINT] (362,880)... |
Found [USER] Shale Dry
| ...DECRYPTING [PACKET 1]... |
| ...DECRYPTING [PACKET 2]... |
| ...DECRYPTING [PACKET 3]... |

TASK 2:

New [DATA NODE] discovered [PACKET 1]: 93208466931351102797.com/939868
[DATA NODE] contents: [5 3 1 2 4]

New [DATA NODE] discovered [PACKET 2]: 93208466931351102797.com/820933
[DATA NODE] contents: [ > _ > _ ^ _ v _ < _ v _ v _ ^ _ > _ > ]

New [DATA NODE] discovered [PACKET 3]: 93208466931351102797.com/428235
[DATA NODE] contents: [wnhpnmx.soqq/vwhkpuofjbdh.mwcyfxcg]

[TRANSPOSE CIPHER] wnhpnmx.soqq/vwhkpuofjbdh.mwcyfxcg with 5 3 1 2 4
OUTPUT: jchnsbykhodfppqhxunq.com/mgfxv [ACCESS REQUIRED]

Follow [TILT] sequence: [ > _ > _ ^ _ v _ < _ v _ v _ ^ _ > _ > ]

TRANSMISSION 002

"Good work. Your diagnostic test to find the vulnerability could be instrumental in the apprehension of a potentially rogue Spartan asset. Locke has now tasked you with the infiltration of a highly secure archive created by Dr. Catherine Halsey, director of the original Spartan-II program. Insight into the physiology of S-II assets might help shed light on additional vulnerabilities which could be exploited in the event of STOLEN GAUNTLET. Caution should be taken, however, as this archive may be heavily guarded by an extant program in the previously quarantined facilities."

New [DATA NODE] discovered 3dmvpa7rxzxhnefjxpm.com/d6we2y

| ...[NOBLE?] IRREGULARITY NOTED... |

| JERROD: THESE FILES ARE PROTECTED BY ME. AND YOU ARE BUT A SMALL SPARK AGAINST MY BRILLIANT INTELLECT. YOU HAVE 3 MOVES. |
| JERROD: WIN THIS GAME IN 3 MOVES. |

| ...SEARCHING [DATA BANKS] WITH [FEN] 7k/2R2p1p/3N1q2/3Q4/3p4/PP3pPP/5n1K/4r3... |
| ...LOCATED [GAME] KASPAROV VS DEEP BLUE GAME 1 1996... |

| ...MOVE (Nx)F7... |
| ...MOVE (Ng)G5... |
| ...MOVE (Rx)H7... |

| JERROD: YOU MAY HAVE WON THIS GAME, BUT YOU HAVE NOT WON. THIS IS JUST THE FIRST OF MY INCOMPARABLE SECURITY CONSTRUCTS. |

New [DATA NODE] discovered 7356605428082643913.com/42837

| ...SPLITTING [IMAGE] STREAM... |
| ...DONE!... |

| ...SEARCHING [DATA BANKS] FOR [ISBN-978-1-84149-420-3]... |
| ...SEARCHING CHAPTER.WORD... |

16.096: get
06.019: around
21.028: the
10.010: system
32.311: to
32.130: find
04.110: dark
28.1199:secrets
04.304: go
01.059: to
32.570: 04592z-83
14.989: dot
14.043: com

Rebus: EYE BOOK 1 IV KEY
Solution: Look in (the) book first for key.

| ...STORING [PIGPEN]... |

| ...OPENING [DATA NODE] 04592z-83... |
| ...NOTING [PLATFORM KEY]... |
| ...[CURIOUS]...

| JERROD: I CAN SPIN THROUGH A HUNDRED-THOUSAND CYCLES IN THE TIME IT TAKES YOU TO RENAME AN ACCESS DRIVE. YOU’VE GOT NO CHANCE AGAINST ME. |

| ...ALIGNING [SECURITY RINGS]... |
| ...DONE!... |
| ...ENTERING [SECURITY CODE] 5XZLA7WYSB3P FROM [HOME TEAM]... ]
| ...ACCESS GRANTED...|
| ...RECEIVING INFORMATION... |

[ d-y-e-.-c-i-m-f-g-n-t-g-x-h-p-v-b-v-w-o-b-d-q-j-.-c-v-q-/-g-o-i-w-v-r-i-r-h-o-_-u-s-i-i-g ]
[ d-y-e-.-c-i-m-f-g-n-t-g-x-h-p-v-b-v-w-o-b-d-q-j-.-c-v-q-/-g-o-i-w-v-r-i-r-h-o-_-j-y-s-c-x ]
[ d-y-e-.-c-i-m-f-g-n-t-g-x-h-p-v-b-v-w-o-b-d-q-j-.-c-v-q-/-g-o-i-w-v-r-i-r-h-o-_-j-y-s-c-x ]
[ d-y-e-.-c-i-m-f-g-n-t-g-x-h-p-v-b-v-w-o-b-d-q-j-.-c-v-q-/-g-o-i-w-v-r-i-r-h-o-_-p-q-k-m-x ]
| ...MAPPING [PLATFORM KEY] TO VIGENERE... |
[ h-c-i-.-f-s-h-d-h-u-c-c-d-g-g-d-g-e-f-d-s-i-n-j-.-a-h-e-/-e-d-i-e-d-j-d-j-d-l-_-c-h-f-r-m ]
| ...[VIGENERE CIPHER]... |

* classified_sldru
* classified_hrnll
* classified_spxlu
* classified_njfvl

| ...OPENING [DATA NODE] NJFVL [DNA]... |
| ...SCANNING IMAGES... |
| ...NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE INCOMPLETE?... |
| ...READING SEQUENCE... |
* ABAAAAABBBAAAAABABBBBABABAABBBABAABBBAAABBAABBBAABAAAABBABBAABABABAAAABAAABBBAAAAABBAAABABAABAABBAAAAAABAABBBAABBAA/ABAABAAABBABBBBAABBAABBAABBAAB
| ...[BACONIAN CIPHER]... |

New [DATA NODE] discovered: IHAXVHJYZZBWKQRYGFEYCOMJDPGMZ

Transmission:

"WHILE HACKING HALSEY'S DIRECTORIES, YOU GAIN ACCESS TO THE LAST-VIEWED SATELLITE IMAGE OF AN UNKNOWN OFF-WORLD COLONY BEFORE SIGNALS FROM IT WERE LOST."

| ...ANOMALY DETECTED [72.39 LAT, 126.05 LONG]... |
| ...UNKNOWN [GLYPH] #1 NOTED... |
| ...DEAD END... |

| ...OPENING [DATA NODE] HRNLL [XRAY]... |
| ...DEAD END?... |

| ...OPENING [DATA NODE] SPXLU [CLASSIFIED]... |
| ...DEAD END?... |

| ...OPENING [DATA NODE] SLDRU [IVANOFF]... |
| ...SCANNING CAMERA FEEDS... |

* [1-32401] -> 00023
* [2-32401] -> 17582
* [3-32401] -> 25689
* [4-32401] -> 79854
* [5-32401] -> 45872
* [6-32401] -> .com/66977

New [DATA NODE] discovered: 0002317582256897985445872.com/66977

| ...[LEAP LOGIC] TO [STARSCOPE]... |
| ...MATCHING [STARMAP]... |
| ...MATCH FOUND... |

Transmission (Frequency appears Forerunner in origin)
| UNKNOWN [GLYPH] #4 NOTED |

| ...LOADING [PIGPEN]... |

New [DATA NODE] discovered: k5meer8n7um2h.com/6xk4m7

| ...0%... |
| ...SWITCHING NETWORK (APPROX 5 MILES)... |
| ...100%... |

* GLYPH #1
* GLYPH #2 [CHICKEN FOOT?]
* GLYPH #3 [ONE LESS THAN #4]
* GLYPH #4

| ...FINAL IMAGE... |

/END AI-RUBY-LOGS/

Semper Vigilans.

| ...DISCONNECTED... |
SepheusIX wrote:
| ...[CURIOUS]...
Curious indeed. I don't ever remember seeing this page during the Hunt.
NordsFTW wrote:
SepheusIX wrote:
| ...[CURIOUS]...
That's when you opened the Ring puzzle on mobile. The code at the bottom was the key for the scrambled address you were given after the ring puzzle. Without it, you couldn't move on. [Edit: Wait, the code is different...]I feel like the skeletal pics had information, but the resolution of the image didn't allow zooming in, and my eyes aren't that good.

The "incorrect platform" for the last geolocational part--I feel like they're
Spoiler:
Show
NordsFTW wrote:
SepheusIX wrote:
| ...[CURIOUS]...
There were two, an old one, which was presumably tied to http://09872h-98.com/, and it was labeled as "_old.jpg"

Looks like a different cipher key, for websites we likely never got.
jacgren wrote:

I think they were Flood spores/viral cells. Looked like the third image was a Flood infection form.

Is there going to be a new badge on here in the forums for all the people/teams who competed in this H5 ARG? It would really cool if there was as a little token for everyone, as we know that most people involved in it are not going to win something.

I completely agree with you, perhaps something like that will be done :).
I hope it's either a custom helmet or a multiplayer banner thingy (I think you know what I mean, even if I can't remember what it's called).
Thanks for the write up SepheusIX, hopefully the sites remain up after the contest ends.

Maybe someone could create a mirror. Paging thebruce!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 21