2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. ...
  7. 21
SepheusIX wrote:
Semper Vigilans
Congratulations again. Can't wait to see where you pop up!
SepheusIX wrote:
Semper Vigilans
Congrats!

Soooo...now that you're the confirmed winners, can you tell me where you found the second and third glyphs? Someone shared (maybe it was you) a screenshot of the verification email where they wanted to know how you found the final 4 glyphs. Did you actually find them? It's been driving me crazy. I still want to know even though it's over. I spent far too much time on it to never find out. Perhaps there's a postmortem tomorrow?
NSA wrote:
Ahh well congrats, now I can go back to actually working at work I suppose.

Damn you, HaloDrawSomething!
DrawSomething...I like that. I can't believe I had to draw that stupid glyph so many times before it was accepted. I had a team member that couldn't complete it. He tried for so long, but it never took his drawings...so we never completed it as a team. He tried for over an hour, and he had the right symbol. He was so upset...and there was nothing we could do (I was on a random team and we were in different countries, so it's not like we could try it for him).
I wasn't upset at him, but I am upset that the final step was drawing a symbol with your finger on a mobile device in the middle of someone's private property. it couldn't be a coded sequence of glyphs that you had to type with a limited amount of tries? This could have been done better. All that work and we couldn't finish it.
ness225 wrote:
SepheusIX wrote:
Semper Vigilans
Congrats!

Soooo...now that you're the confirmed winners, can you tell me where you found the second and third glyphs? Someone shared (maybe it was you) a screenshot of the verification email where they wanted to know how you found the final 4 glyphs. Did you actually find them? It's been driving me crazy. I still want to know even though it's over. I spent far too much time on it to never find out. Perhaps there's a postmortem tomorrow?
Sadly, those glyphs don't appear to exist. The puzzles simply break down and can't be followed to a resolution. My solution post contains pretty much everything you need to know about the steps - there's nothing more to it than that.
SepheusIX wrote:
ness225 wrote:
SepheusIX wrote:
Semper Vigilans
Congrats!

Sadly, those glyphs don't appear to exist. The puzzles simply break down and can't be followed to a resolution. My solution post contains pretty much everything you need to know about the steps - there's nothing more to it than that.
huh. I feel bad for the people that were supposed to input glyph 2.
You all definitely deserved it. First ARG I've taken part in. Definitely an enjoyable (and sometimes frustrating) experience.
All the links are now dead. (redirect)

Compo over.

Congrats to SEC 3.
Good work everyone who participated - it's all over now. Site is redirecting to the Hunt the Truth Tumblr. I had a great time working along side many of you and chatting on the IRC channel. Hope to see everyone again!
SepheusIX wrote:
Good work everyone who participated - it's all over now. Site is redirecting to the Hunt the Truth Tumblr. I had a great time working along side many of you and chatting on the IRC channel. Hope to see everyone again!
Indeed. We'll be on the #halo channel, as well as the forums, so feel free to stop by and say hey, talk about Halo or whatever :) It was a lot of fun getting to do puzzles again. Congrats and thanks to everyone that took part
Pretty awesome! Good work SepheusIX and your team!
Ok here is my near perfect(bar a couple stuff I forgot to add at the end like a couple of the Glyphs) image archive of the Hunt The Signal Campaign.

But here you go

http://www.filedropper.com/signalalmostperfectimagearchive
GG
Heroes Nev3r Die
i hope those who made it to the end at least get a nice little consolation prize.

like that glitch ARG last year.

GG.
i hope those who made it to the end at least get a nice little consolation prize.

like that glitch ARG last year.

GG.
I hope so. I mentioned my similar wishes earlier in the thread. I'm holding out for hopefully a new badge on here. :D This ARG wasn't very easy to figure out for the majority of people (including myself & my team), taking the community many days & several frustrating hours to complete.

Though, a nameplate in H5 mp as well would also be a pretty neat consolation prize. A nameplate would be the coolest since everyone in the mp lobby would be able to see it, that we were a part of something. (I'm not really up for changing my emblem, sorry.) It's a pretty reasonable request considering that this ARG was a promotion tool for H5 & the top prize was getting your likeness in it, so a nameplate for all registered competitors (especially those that reached the end) would be like non-1st place winners were still able to get in the game in some form or fashion as well. :)
When I tried to re access hunthesignal it redirected me to HunttheTruth, but it renamed all my Huntthtruth tabs "the TRUTH"
So nobody ever found the 2nd Glyph. What a load of WeeWee.

Always knew who the winners would be. Seph who else was on your Section 3 team? Hope to see you all 27th October
Sooo.. I just remembered about this.

Where are your faces guys? I'd have thought 343 would make a mention of this somewhere but I can't find any info.
what even is this dude
BraXzyy wrote:
Sooo.. I just remembered about this.

Where are your faces guys? I'd have thought 343 would make a mention of this somewhere but I can't find any info.
I pm'd Seph (one of the winners) they never got into Halo 5. They are however in The Fall of Reach movie that came with some versions of the game although I don't see anything in the credits. Competitions never seem to deliver on here. Took 6 months to get my Halo 4 t-shirt for that Virgin competition.

At least these guys made an appearance but an announcement to the community would have been nice or even an email to all who took part.

And an answer to the lost glyph would be good as I still don't know how anyone could have won without it.
As Fits mentioned, we never got to be in the game itself but our likeness was added to the Fall of Reach animated series. You can find us in Act 3 aboard the bridge of the UNSC Commonwealth. I don't have screen caps of the other guys to hand, but you can find me and my beard chilling at a console on the left of this picture. With Chief and Halsey on the right hand side, I'd be lying through my teeth if I said that wasn't cool as -Yoink- :)

McCann (the company behind the competition) did run a short video with some really interesting stats. We have it mirrored, but I'll share their site with the details. There were over 16 thousand players that took part, that just blows my mind.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. ...
  7. 21