Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] #HuntTheTruth Discussion Thread #3 - Season 2!

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 84
It's time! It's here! Thread number 3! Let's keep the discussion going, because the hype is real!

http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/

What we know:

Benjamin Giraud is the reporter from the HGN story, Second Sunrise Over New Mombasa.

The words on the bullet are:

Spoiler:
Show
Original thread

Idio7smg Summary Thread

Go go go! Discuss!

Spoiler:
Show
New thread, new theories!

Really enjoyed the latest episode.

I wonder how many more there will be, anyone know?

Interesting that they got such a high profile actress as Cobie Smulders. I wonder if she'll figure in the main game somehow.
B-b-b-but I liked the old one...

I'm amazed how deep this all this goes and how people figure it all out so quickly!
It was just yesterday Ep 6 of Hunt the Truth aired and you guys already have a pretty solid theory on who Pharaoh is.

Keep it up!
Hunt the Signal related questions/theories/et cetera should be directed to this thread.
I feel like well be seeing videos from this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAhK-65O7IccUAf3X3GCCbw
Have you guys worked with that signal at the end of the episode?
Phhrozenn wrote:
Have you guys worked with that signal at the end of the episode?
Yes, see here.
The latest episode is great, the episodes are leading up to something big... Whats going on out on space that can't be explained!!
Wouldn't it be interesting if Pharaoh was a Spartan? I don't know if 343 is going along with the books having S-IIs still alive so that would clear up some discrepancies.

(Erm, what is your stance on that 343? Is John the last S-II or not?)
Wouldn't it be interesting if Pharaoh was a Spartan? I don't know if 343 is going along with the books having S-IIs still alive so that would clear up some discrepancies.

Definitely not the last Spartan-II!
New thread, new theories!

Really enjoyed the latest episode.

I wonder how many more there will be, anyone know?

Interesting that they got such a high profile actress as Cobie Smulders. I wonder if she'll figure in the main game somehow.
At least until E3, I would assume.
Why did someone call Ben a traitor in that episode? From what I've gathered, all he did was transfer his data on the Chief onto the open network stating that ONI may have lied about his past, how does that make him a traitor?

Also, does anyone make transcripts for these episodes?
SepheusIX wrote:

Way too much awesomeness in one picture!
Laxalt wrote:
Why did someone call Ben a traitor in that episode? From what I've gathered, all he did was transfer his data on the Chief onto the open network stating that ONI may have lied about his past, how does that make him a traitor?

Also, does anyone make transcripts for these episodes?
Because some people are horrified by the fact that Ben trying to make chiefs amazing origin story not creditable.
SepheusIX wrote:

Way too much awesomeness in one picture!
You can never have too much awesomeness.
how many episodes of hunt the truth will there be
Anyone else think that a squad of ODST's/Spartans were there to kill Ben in last nights episode when he said someones outside? Instead, it was Petra. Which I found to be quite hilarious.
nekrulz wrote:
My guess is one for each 'Word' that appeared on the bullet in the trailer - last episode being the "Traitor" entry.

Quote:
Anyone else think that a squad of ODST's/Spartans were there to kill Ben in last nights episode when he said someones outside? Instead, it was Petra. Which I found to be quite hilarious.
To be honest I thought more or less the same - wasn't expecting Petra at all, was a nice touch of humor before things started back to serious again later. :)
nekrulz wrote:
One each week until E3
I thought the same. I'm surprised it's been 4 days already, and ONI hasn't made a move yet. It might be a bit too obvious to make a hit on him the same week he leaks this story, though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 84