Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] #HuntTheTruth Discussion Thread #3 - Season 2!

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 84
why did Fero say you are under are protection? whats she talking about?
An unknown party. As others have speculated...maybe FERO is more of a group than an individual. Possibly an AI.
An unnown party. As others have speculated...maybe FERO is more of a group than an individual. Possibly an AI.
or, it could just mean the NCA is going be looking out for Ben from now on .
An unnown party. As others have speculated...maybe FERO is more of a group than an individual. Possibly an AI.
Possibly.
I don't think we've heard the last of that report on the "Spartan" that was found dead in the field
Possibly.
What FERO said about ben "being under our protection" makes me wonder, what kind of military might does the NCA and FERO have in order to go up against ONI.
An unknown party. As others have speculated...maybe FERO is more of a group than an individual. Possibly an AI.
FERO is probably part of the insurrection.
I don't think we've heard the last of that report on the "Spartan" that was found dead in the field
No we probably won't have.
Possibly.
What FERO said about ben "being under our protection" makes me wonder, what kind of military might does the NCA and FERO have in order to go up against ONI.
Probably the new insurrection as in the book Halo New Blood.
As the arbiter said are future is sow in his past. What if these groups have found something out about the chief that he himself doesn't know he's got in him or implanted that happens to be forerunner or knowledge of something forerunner. That everyone wants. Someone sends Locke , someone else tries to flush him out hence the senate shooting made to look like he done it. Story by Ben lead by feros. Just a thought.
I'm thinking it's not that the comm buoys to the outer colonies are down, it's that whatever is coming is just accruing so much slip-space space-time debt that it's literally overloading the communications systems with old and corrupted data. I mean old as in anywhere from a few months to a few thousand years, even if that transmission was just sent a second ago from the inner colonies to the closest outer colony it would have been caught up in the time distorting effects of a massive slip-space event. Effects so powerful from such a massive or long jump that the Outer Colonies could even be experiencing Time Dilation effectively cutting off and isolating every single colony and leading to absolute chaos.

http://www.halopedia.org/Slipspace#Reconciliation

That would explain two things in the transmission. Slip-space jumps cause the build up of static electricity which on long or fast jumps in particular lead to actual visible waves of electricity rippling over the ship. Now imagine that on a scale of a thousand or one hundred thousand. It would be so powerful as to transfer to nearby planets and leading to massive disruptions in local power distribution. Now imagine each outer colony not only cut off from the Inner colonies and earth, but quite possibly each other, and each colony possibly experiencing differing amounts of time dilation and slip-space disruption. Riots, chaos, planetary famines, events proceeding faster or slower based on proximity to the Slip-Space event.

It could possibly be the return of the Flood.
Does anyone think that this is going to be a official civil war? If so, do you think (or hope) that it will be in Halo 5? Personally, I would find it interesting.
Did anyone notice how Fero cut off mshok before he could explain what's going on within the outer colony's? Now he's disappeared did fero do this purposely? It hints towards this question is why Ben?

also anomaly's can accrue when when to big of a mass in hyper space continually moving through hyper space or mass objects entering the galaxy causing this delay or odd anomaly's we may have hit something here... Also there is so called forerunner's in a nearby galaxy where they (forerunners) chased after the precursors some made it alive and went into their hyper sleep into fine dust to hide but some how mutated into u know 😉 when they tried to reform itself
Galadrond wrote:
I'm thinking it's not that the comm buoys to the outer colonies are down, it's that whatever is coming is just accruing so much slip-space space-time debt that it's literally overloading the communications systems with old and corrupted data. I mean old as in anywhere from a few months to a few thousand years, even if that transmission was just sent a second ago from the inner colonies to the closest outer colony it would have been caught up in the time distorting effects of a massive slip-space event. Effects so powerful from such a massive or long jump that the Outer Colonies could even be experiencing Time Dilation effectively cutting off and isolating every single colony and leading to absolute chaos.

http://www.halopedia.org/Slipspace#Reconciliation

That would explain two things in the transmission. Slip-space jumps cause the build up of static electricity which on long or fast jumps in particular lead to actual visible waves of electricity rippling over the ship. Now imagine that on a scale of a thousand or one hundred thousand. It would be so powerful as to transfer to nearby planets and leading to massive disruptions in local power distribution. Now imagine each outer colony not only cut off from the Inner colonies and earth, but quite possibly each other, and each colony possibly experiencing differing amounts of time dilation and slip-space disruption. Riots, chaos, planetary famines, events proceeding faster or slower based on proximity to the Slip-Space event.

It could possibly be the return of the Flood.
lol just saw what you put we are on the same lines.

a good strategy as well to cut off and scatter your enemy .

you think it's possible from the spider nebula? Where a sect of forerunners r (or were) there was ships left in that nebula
Because FERO is the leader of this new (or old) insurrection as we hypothesize, I think she can be either IIsa Zane or because I saw a post that Frankie tweeted we are gonna be mind blown, could she possible be Naomi-010? At the end of the Kilo-5 series Naomi finds out her father, Stefan, is still alive. He is part of the insurrection and could she be following her father's footsteps and trying to dismantle ONI? She knows about the entire Spartan II project and ONI's deep secrets. She doesnt blame Halsey for the entire project either. The only thing that makes we stray away from this theory is the fact she uses John as a means to cause an uprising. I don't think a fellow spartan II would do that, but you never know. The Halo universe is changing dramatically.
Possibly.
Defected spartans and ODSTs plus covenant remnants? Would make it a good fight I think.
I'm less inclined to think that it's ONI that's taken down to communications because of those 2 delayed messages Ben got from Mishak and Katrina; Katrina's especially was particularly bad quality. Suggests something has been building and causing disruptions and reached a tipping point
Benjamin doesn't want ONI to know what he's up to when he does certain things, he tries to avoid detection, he does thing's behind their backs etc. So why does he broadcast everything he does to the public every week?
Hmm, maybe the anomalies and interference is something coming. Whoever it is could have been observing us and chose the right time to strike. Marshaling just outside the Outer Colonies, causing the disturbances, and paying attention to the state of humanities affairs. They see the colonies heading in to a state of revolt, and the top tiers of the military and government beginning to clash, so they choose that time to strike. Not sure who they could be though.
Not sure if this has been discussed yet: when Ellie talked about lying with John in the grass and staring at the stars (early in the series) was that a reference to the two children doing just that in the Halo 3 "Starry Night" teaser? That image was exactly what came to mind when she brought it up, and I've never heard who those two kids were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDkKKt9Y7I
Not sure if this has been discussed yet: when Ellie talked about lying with John in the grass and staring at the stars (early in the series) was that a reference to the two children doing just that in the Halo 3 "Starry Night" teaser? That image was exactly what came to mind when she brought it up, and I've never heard who those two kids were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDkKKt9Y7I
that's exactly what it was:

http://www.halopedia.org/Starry_Night
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 84