Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

#HUNTTHETRUTH Episode 8 Discussion Thread

OP TryingHydra351

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 18
Giving me chills
So master chief blows rights into the peace delegation shoots 19 guards and the body guard of Richard zekeebo a human peace delegate, takes Richard hostage and escorts the alien peace delegates to a drop ship to take off planet but before they took off does chief shoot Richard? Was he involved in some ONI plot to kill the alien delegates? Before they took off Richard was probably armed and held a alien delegate at gunpoint and spilled the beans on who and why he did it then chief shot him and left who's knows, all I know is chief always has a reason for what he does i still believe in the masterchief :D
We will find out eventually but my guess is that FERO knew this incident would happen despite what she says because as we all know it is easy to tell a lie the hard part is to getting the lie found out.
BrawlyBoss wrote:
So master chief blows rights into the peace delegation shoots 19 guards and the body guard of Richard zekeebo a human peace delegate, takes Richard hostage and escorts the alien peace delegates to a drop ship to take off planet but before they took off does chief shoot Richard? Was he involved in some ONI plot to kill the alien delegates? Before they took off Richard was probably armed and held a alien delegate at gunpoint and spilled the beans on who and why he did it then chief shot him and left who's knows, all I know is chief always has a reason for what he does i still believe in the masterchief :D
He wasn't assigned by ONI, he reassigned Blue Team himself, defying direct orders.
There is SO MUCH to say about this, but a few points...

The only explanations if John's clone lived, would be either that Katrina's death journal proved false, or that Chief isn't John at all, which could lastly mean that Master Chief is actually the clone of John. Since that means John would of have to die strangely and the clone live, I think that holds no ground. I reason the clone died.

More and more are 343i pulling that 'non canon' seemingly in the picture. Does anyone remember that clone in the wheelchair, which I think was Kelly's, and the young spartan returned and almost killed for stealing her place? I can't remember the video but someone else should. Did that clone eventually die?

Shar eldy as FARO may be more far fetched now with the confirmed voice actors. Jennifer Taylor provides Cortana's and Halsey's voice through the series, so FARO may be something entirely new... unless... Cortana developed a free personality and.... *cough* *cough* sorry.

Master Chief crazy? He IS emotionally disturbed, but it seems to be good for him. Not being a machine might have nasty moral side affects if not thought through, though... but I reason that it is true what Chief did, or someone with the same marks as chief. FARO was convinced. But who was it that he killed? An ONI assembly? I don't know, but the fact he did it to rescue someone, an alien but still, means it looks like he also is going out of his way to #huntthetruth, to me. He did it for a good reason I am sure. Some of the incidents, like the embassy guy dead, are probably misunderstood. Still... I have a growing feeling there will be human enemies in H5...

I still wonder where Shar Eldy goes in all this... where is Halsey? She has been with M'dama for six months!
BrawlyBoss wrote:
So master chief blows rights into the peace delegation shoots 19 guards and the body guard of Richard zekeebo a human peace delegate, takes Richard hostage and escorts the alien peace delegates to a drop ship to take off planet but before they took off does chief shoot Richard? Was he involved in some ONI plot to kill the alien delegates? Before they took off Richard was probably armed and held a alien delegate at gunpoint and spilled the beans on who and why he did it then chief shot him and left who's knows, all I know is chief always has a reason for what he does i still believe in the masterchief :D
He wasn't assigned by ONI, he reassigned Blue Team himself, defying direct orders.
Those direct orders were from Lord Hood, who is not on ONI's payroll. I'm thinking that if John-117, the hyper lethal vector, wanted to refuse shore leave and go on top secret operations outside of his traditional chain of command with his squad of Spartan-II Commandos, this would probably be something ONI would be on board with. In other words, it's really hard to say whether or not they were involved with this. Because of the ONI brass setting up an appointment with top UEG senators, my gut is telling me that Earth is blaming ONI, regardless of whether or not Blue Team is genuinely AWOL, because since his return after Halo 4, he's been on their leash. Earth seems to consider the Master Chief ONI's responsibility and this is no accident. The episode doesn't spell it right out for us, but there is a definite connection between John's actions and ONI.
If you listen closely during the firefight with MC, you can hear plasma rifles being shot.
BrawlyBoss wrote:
So master chief blows rights into the peace delegation shoots 19 guards and the body guard of Richard zekeebo a human peace delegate, takes Richard hostage and escorts the alien peace delegates to a drop ship to take off planet but before they took off does chief shoot Richard? Was he involved in some ONI plot to kill the alien delegates? Before they took off Richard was probably armed and held a alien delegate at gunpoint and spilled the beans on who and why he did it then chief shot him and left who's knows, all I know is chief always has a reason for what he does i still believe in the masterchief :D
According to reports, he also killed civilians.
I don't really understand this "footage" talk. Was it released to us, or to him? If it was us, could you link?
I'm not gonna question if it's Master Chief or not. I believe that it is the Chief. I also do not think he killed the Ambassador. And I do think he has his reasons for killing people.
I don't really understand this "footage" talk. Was it released to us, or to him? If it was us, could you link?
Unfortunately we never actually get to see this footage - in the audio log Ben just talks about what he sees in it.

All we have is a lone screenshot...which doesn't really reveal much at all.
possibly a clone of master chief doing the rampage on biko.
I don't know if anyone has a similar theory, but it sounds like the aliens Chief went in for were probably related to the Arbiter, if not the Arbiter himself. John probably got wind of what ONI has been up to with the Kilo Five Trilogy, and now it's the UNSC (Chief) vs ONI (Locke) in some crazy secret civil war. I wouldn't be surprised if Pharo was someone working for ONI who was intentionally "leaking" things to the public, and Benjamin, to smear the Chief and UNSC. Just my theory though.
I don't know if anyone has a similar theory, but it sounds like the aliens Chief went in for were probably related to the Arbiter, if not the Arbiter himself. John probably got wind of what ONI has been up to with the Kilo Five Trilogy, and now it's the UNSC (Chief) vs ONI (Locke) in some crazy secret civil war. I wouldn't be surprised if Pharo was someone working for ONI who was intentionally "leaking" things to the public, and Benjamin, to smear the Chief and UNSC. Just my theory though.
The peace delegate was of the UEG, the governing arm of the UNSC. So murdering his armed guard, killing civilians, only to kidnap and presumably assassinate the premiere peace ambassador from the UNSC would be a bit of a dumb move on Chief's part if he's attempting to fight ONI. ONI doesn't get involved in peace delegations.
lol chief kill allies and -Yoink- all the time and then teabags the corpse I see nothing wrong with him doing all that.
Somethings telling me this "delegate" was swapped out with an ONI operative, and Chief got wind of the whole thing/kilo five.

Took him hostage to find out more about ONI, but they kept up with the "delegate" story making him sound rogue.

But....if he really is up to some rampage, then I have no idea how to respond.
I think FERO must be someone who we haven't seen in the games before. Someone from the literature maybe? I doubt they'd use a different voice actor for the character just to throw us off, so it is probably someone we haven't heard speak before.
MrRuSs3LL wrote:
I think FERO must be someone who we haven't seen in the games before. Someone from the literature maybe? I doubt they'd use a different voice actor for the character just to throw us off, so it is probably someone we haven't heard speak before.
I disagree with you. If it was someone we've never heard before, they wouldn't be masking their voice.
LyleThe2nd wrote:
MrRuSs3LL wrote:
I think FERO must be someone who we haven't seen in the games before. Someone from the literature maybe? I doubt they'd use a different voice actor for the character just to throw us off, so it is probably someone we haven't heard speak before.
I disagree with you. If it was someone we've never heard before, they wouldn't be masking their voice.
They aren't masking her voice, you can go and look up how her real voice is. If her voice Is distorted It's for the sake of the story, she can't risk the ONI to track her.
PIX24 wrote:
Oh my God.
If that fero isn't Halsey, then this is big -Yoink-. Insurrection could raze, and ONI could fall! If ONI falls humanity is lost... more probably they aren't going to blame the bad parts of it, but will scapegoat Halsey, the Spartan II and Section three, exactly what both Parangosky and Osman wanted!
ONI should have assassinated our rogue journalist. Or do they want him to do this?

I don't care about the chief, are you seriously thinking he turned mad? There is obviously an explanation.
Margaret wanted the spartan program to be revealed to UEG, is she in some way behind this?
At this point we can assume based on her age Parangosky might be dead. She at least is retired since Serin took over her role as head of ONI after the events of the Kilo Five book trilogy. I am thinking that ONI is going to be the main bad guy in Halo 5....until something appears even worse that endangers the entire galaxy...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 18