Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Husky raid playlist is live

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Fun gametype. Multikills and exterminations galore.
If anyone wants to squad up and get some wins hit me up!
I have to say this playlist has been super fun. It's like Halo5 is a game again and not a grind. Hope it comes back often.
I'll team up with you for sure!
The playlist feels great. Definitely contending with Rock 'N Rail and Shotty Snipers as one of the more fun playlists yet.
ouv wrote:
Let's do it I'm online right now! My GT is XxSpartanxX 115
<p></p>
Absolutely loving it; actually hopped onto H5 for the first time in months just for this.

Well, loving except for ONE map. "Meta Wave" has always devolved into an utter ------ every time it's popped up, with Sleipnir contending for second "Least favorite".
Why? Well Meta Wave I always see someone go into the lift and just sit there the whole time and for whatever reason its really hard to dislodge them. Ignore them? You're caught in the crossfire between Hydras and Snipers on the far end, and whatever else the other guy's packing on the near end. I've not found a game on this map that's been enjoyable yet, win or lose.

Sleipnir? Snipers up top aiming at both the spawn (A given for Husky Raid, admittedly) and at the portal... Who also has a Shotgun or Sword crouched right behind it as well. Wait for some guy to sacrifice himself first BEFORE you walk into it with a rocket launcher, so you can kill them before they know you went through. There's usually "That one guy" who spends his entire time dedicated to just sitting there regardless of what else is going on in the game.

I've never once played on Solstice, Sandbox, Palmyra, Blood & Stone, or Hallows. They've just never come up, but M808B, Meta Wave, Harmony, and Dominus love to.
Regardless, I'm really loving these new maps (Meta Wave aside) and just how great they look. A new spin on a classic while retaining that same 'feel' of the original map back in H4 feels really good, and I'll be super-sad when the playlist finally shuffles out for something else.

And I gotta say, "Stand Clear" is an interesting one. First time I played on it I got ran over by one of the vehicles and it sent the flag all the way to our goal post. Someone picks it up and bam. The next time it came up, it worked against us hah. The other team captured the flag unhindered by the trains, which proceeded to ruin all of OUR plans the whole way through. It's a random element added onto an already random game, and somehow I like that. Plus it's funny to see people go flying when they get hit by it unawares!
ouv wrote:
<p></p>
Sorry I got off for a bit yesterday, I can play for a little bit today and a few hours tomorrow, but all morning tomorrow and wednesday
I played it quite a bit over the past couple days. People definitely got better at it as time went on and my K/D took a bit of a hit today. (Don't care, just an observation).

I saw one game where all 4 players on one team got exterminations and killtaculars were plentiful. Curious if anyone got higher multikills than that in this gametype.
I played it quite a bit over the past couple days. People definitely got better at it as time went on and my K/D took a bit of a hit today. (Don't care, just an observation).

I saw one game where all 4 players on one team got exterminations and killtaculars were plentiful. Curious if anyone got higher multikills than that in this gametype.
I had a Kilimanjaro with 7 sniper kills and 7 headshots. Was dang awesome!
ouv wrote:
ouv wrote:
<p></p>
Sorry I got off for a bit yesterday, I can play for a little bit today and a few hours tomorrow, but all morning tomorrow and wednesday
Tomorrow morning works perfectly for me
ronnie42 wrote:
Fairly decent exp. Getting around 11/12k per match....the way I'm going with that playlist I could be max rank in about 20 match's...depending on how the matches go and loses half of it in loses around 4k in about 6 minutes with possibly 3 minutes of extra time.

Edit: max rank so this did sort of help, thought would take longer.
Congratulations on the SR 152!
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Fairly decent exp. Getting around 11/12k per match....the way I'm going with that playlist I could be max rank in about 20 match's...depending on how the matches go and loses half of it in loses around 4k in about 6 minutes with possibly 3 minutes of extra time.

Thanks, just hope Infinite, the MCC ranks don't end up this long. It's been a long one, haven't done something this long since I hit Inheritor in Reach.
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Thanks, just hope Infinite, the MCC ranks don't end up this long. It's been a long one, haven't done something this long since I hit Inheritor in Reach.
No, don't listen to him,... There was nothing wrong with the grind to 152. Please let there be long term goals in Infinite.
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

No, don't listen to him,... There was nothing wrong with the grind to 152. Please let there be long term goals in Infinite.
Umm it's my opinion. Not every game needs to be a mindless grind...it's exhausting. Quality over quantity...nothing wrong with long term goals...just not insane exp gaps. I played a lot of Halo 1-3 back in the day without needing 152 ranks but doing 152 feels more like a chore.
Lol -Yoink- your husky raid... Super fiesta style to give the gun lolll kidding me... When a team got all the hacked gun and the other have nothing lmao .... Shame on your mode of CTF bring back the original with the castle there is no -Yoink- with the weapon.

I just played a game and seriously was horrible when the other side got 2 invisible sword and 2 tartarus hammer and many other abuse gun and your side got -Yoinking!- -Yoink-... Cmon wake up and do your job stupid game to put the game fair both side... 😱😷
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Umm it's my opinion. Not every game needs to be a mindless grind...it's exhausting. Quality over quantity...nothing wrong with long term goals...just not insane exp gaps. I played a lot of Halo 1-3 back in the day without needing 152 ranks but doing 152 feels more like a chore.
I wouldn't have minded the XP more evenly spread out myself but while the grind was long to me it's necessary. It's way better than say H4 that you could max out in like a month or two. Long range stuff really helps keep a game population around.
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Back in Halo 3, I've gotten multiple 5 star generals. That didn't feel like a chore at all and one game win meant 1 xp, no win, 0 xp. Unless of course double xp weekend ,but still, lose 0 xp. That felt better than this number crap. I really hope they do some sort of emblem or rank, sorta like reach but with halo 3 mixed in, and something with ranking system to stay, this season stuff is annoying.
ouv wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Back in Halo 3, I've gotten multiple 5 star generals. That didn't feel like a chore at all and one game win meant 1 xp, no win, 0 xp. Unless of course double xp weekend ,but still, lose 0 xp. That felt better than this number crap. I really hope they do some sort of emblem or rank, sorta like reach but with halo 3 mixed in, and something with ranking system to stay, this season stuff is annoying.
In H3 you had CSR which was a number and XP that was a rank.... In H5 you have a CSR that is a rank and XP that is a number. I prefer CSR being an actual rank since it is earned by skill play. XP that goes up pretty much reguardless of performance should be a number IMO.
LethalQ wrote:
ouv wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

In H3 you had CSR which was a number and XP that was a rank.... In H5 you have a CSR that is a rank and XP that is a number. I prefer CSR being an actual rank since it is earned by skill play. XP that goes up pretty much reguardless of performance should be a number IMO.
Either way, I don't like seasons, but xp being a number is just garbage in my opinion. Makes people who don't sweat and play with teams go for something. Because I know I'll never get champ in h5, I don't team with people. I mainly run solo, so this XP grind is just horrible. Make is cool rather than sr130. sr 152. These numbers mean nothing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3