4. ...
  5. 3
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Fairly decent exp. Getting around 11/12k per match....the way I'm going with that playlist I could be max rank in about 20 match's...depending on how the matches go and loses half of it in loses around 4k in about 6 minutes with possibly 3 minutes of extra time.

Edit: max rank so this did sort of help, thought would take longer.
Congratulations on the SR 152!
Thanks, just hope Infinite, the MCC ranks don't end up this long. It's been a long one, haven't done something this long since I hit Inheritor in Reach.
No, don't listen to him,... There was nothing wrong with the grind to 152. Please let there be long term goals in Infinite.
Umm it's my opinion. Not every game needs to be a mindless grind...it's exhausting. Quality over quantity...nothing wrong with long term goals...just not insane exp gaps. I played a lot of Halo 1-3 back in the day without needing 152 ranks but doing 152 feels more like a chore.
I wouldn't have minded the XP more evenly spread out myself but while the grind was long to me it's necessary. It's way better than say H4 that you could max out in like a month or two. Long range stuff really helps keep a game population around.
If they wanted the xp to seem less tedious then sure they could have spread them out a bit or gave them meaningful names. I literally got bored with Halo 5 because after a while it just became about how much exp I needed, that was it...it was bad enough that I hated the game but for completionist sake I had to put up with it for longer for the sake of completing the final rank. It's about finding the right balance....have a reasonable amount of exp needed overall but at the same time not over-doing it so I'd rather they find somewhere in between since the current rank system was exhausting.

ouv wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Unyshek wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Fairly decent exp. Getting around 11/12k per match....the way I'm going with that playlist I could be max rank in about 20 match's...depending on how the matches go and loses half of it in loses around 4k in about 6 minutes with possibly 3 minutes of extra time.

Edit: max rank so this did sort of help, thought would take longer.
Congratulations on the SR 152!
Thanks, just hope Infinite, the MCC ranks don't end up this long. It's been a long one, haven't done something this long since I hit Inheritor in Reach.
No, don't listen to him,... There was nothing wrong with the grind to 152. Please let there be long term goals in Infinite.
Umm it's my opinion. Not every game needs to be a mindless grind...it's exhausting. Quality over quantity...nothing wrong with long term goals...just not insane exp gaps. I played a lot of Halo 1-3 back in the day without needing 152 ranks but doing 152 feels more like a chore.
Back in Halo 3, I've gotten multiple 5 star generals. That didn't feel like a chore at all and one game win meant 1 xp, no win, 0 xp. Unless of course double xp weekend ,but still, lose 0 xp. That felt better than this number crap. I really hope they do some sort of emblem or rank, sorta like reach but with halo 3 mixed in, and something with ranking system to stay, this season stuff is annoying.
Not everyone got multiply 5 stars accounts....and pretty sure 343i generally don't like when people do that. The point is many of us played Halo 3 for long periods of time without needing a number to say they played 1000+ hours, continued playing the game because it was fun, not because they felt like they were compelled just to get the max rank for the sake of it while 1 to 50 was actually fun because it got people competing to try to get better and not about clock watching to see how long they've played. It's like right now I'm glad it's done, will have zero interest in doing it all again with H5 and I actually feel sorry for those that have to put up with it since it feels an impossible task for many, heck I wouldn't even mind if tomorrow 343i decided to make a 4-6x multipler weekend event to help those get over those tedious ranks done since it just isn't a fun challenge and like I've been saying...it's exhausting. I might even have been a bit more excited if they had at the least had end-game armour like the Reach skull but instead the closest we have to possibly being worthwhile is probably the Infinite unlock and we know nothing about it.
Sleipnir is trash wow it needs to be removed from rotation and burned the person out persons involved with its creation should be banned for i'd say just halo but that would be too lenient, the worst maps from any other shooter are better than this dumpster fire.
Ugh!! So there I was playing a map I have never played before, and then my Xbox cut off and I could smell a slight hint of burned electronics.... SMH .. quick trip to the store for another power brick. But back already and going to play some husky raid. The map was meta wave if I recall correctly, hopefully it comes up again.
Anybody else not a fan of some of the OP power weapons? I feel like a team luckily getting a Prophet's Bane, Answer or Nornfang can end up being impossible to counter if you are playing against decent team. This is coming from someone who has ended up in both ends of it

I don't hate the req weapons in the playlist, but honestly I probably would prefer standard Fiesta instead of the Super Fiesta weapon list. At the very least maybe removing Prophet's Bane.
Mongerty wrote:
Anybody else not a fan of some of the OP power weapons? I feel like a team luckily getting a Prophet's Bane, Answer or Nornfang can end up being impossible to counter if you are playing against decent team. This is coming from someone who has ended up in both ends of it

I don't hate the req weapons in the playlist, but honestly I probably would prefer standard Fiesta instead of the Super Fiesta weapon list. At the very least maybe removing Prophet's Bane.
Nah if I would remove anything it would be sniper rifles because they encourage camping on the flag a bit to much. But this has been one of the most fun playlist they have made. BTW I just used the prophets bane to sneak past the enemy for a flag grab and got it back enough for a cap and win.... So it's cool 🙂
In my opinion, the current version of Sleipnir is the map to discontinue when the playlist goes into future rotations. Why? The home spawn location, which can be spawn trapped by one opponent with rockets or the such (Prophet's Bane included) and has portals that leave you out in the open to be sniped from across the map or be a one shotgun shot in the back kill. Coupled with the narrow path with no cover from flag to flag, make this map undesirable to play for me. I like the idea of the map, but its not a map for all types of players; it heavily favors snipers. For me, it could be made more favorable by the top portal exit being randomized behind two rocks and that area being expanded somewhat so that an opponent camping would not know which portal exit point you would appear and secondly, place a portal within the home spawn to transport to that randomized exit so to try and alleviate the spawn trap. I have really enjoyed the other maps in this playlist. As far as the weapons included with this playlist, I would reduce the number of swings by half in both the Tartarus Gavel and Prophets Bane. Why? The Gavel especially because of the generally smaller home spawn area on the maps. Because of this, the Gavel holder can rotate from left to right without moving the keep eliminating the opponents. With the short distances between the flags, the team with the Gavel can score quickly and keep control of the game for a second grab easily. The Prophets Bane mainly because the home spawn killing ability on the maps with the larger home spawn area. All other weapons are game on for me.
Other than on a couple specific maps (sleipnir specifically), I've been really happy and impressed that the vast majority of games have had plenty of objective play. I've encountered very little pure slayers in the numerous matches I've played. Too bad it's not featured anymore. I was enjoying some non-warzone XP.
LethalQ wrote:
Mongerty wrote:

Nah if I would remove anything it would be sniper rifles because they encourage camping on the flag a bit to much. But this has been one of the most fun playlist they have made. BTW I just used the prophets bane to sneak past the enemy for a flag grab and got it back enough for a cap and win.... So it's cool 🙂
I think they should remove the special rockets like the advick, and remove the gavel. If a team gets both of those , or two of one, it game over in many senarios. Because the rocket spread kills the entire team and the gavel holds then down in spawn. If you could spawn mid map spawn while being killed by unfair weapons it would be a tad better.

Allthough I know that it's part of the rush, getting great weapons and trying to get a quick cap.
Need to get my butt in there before its gone!
Better hurry because odds are it's going to be taken down soon, especially since it's not featured any more.
LethalQ wrote:
Better hurry because odds are it's going to be taken down soon, especially since it's not featured any more.
NOOOOOO!!!! MUST HURRY!!!!
I've been having a blast with this. I love Husky Raid and the new maps are excellent. I hope this becomes a permanent playlist.
LethalQ wrote:
if I would remove anything it would be sniper rifles because they encourage camping on the flag a bit to much.
Husky Raid without sniper weapons would probably be at least ten times more fun
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3