I am not a janitor

OP Viper Skills

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
I've gotten to know a lot of you during my time here on the forums and over the years on this site. So I know many of you, like me, play matchmaking solo most of the time. We're considered "solo players," if you will. Us solo players know the risks we run whenever we enter matchmaking alone. We know we may get bad teams or questionable teammates. These issues extend to the ranked playlists where even simple communication can be an adventure.

But one of the punishments we should not have to endure is the task of routinely being told to clean up other people's messes. I am, of course, talking about a HORRIBLE pet peeve of mine, join-in-progress, AKA: JIP.

On paper it's a good idea, yeah? Someone quits, have someone fill their spot. Cool. The team with the quitter isn't handicapped the rest of the game because one person wanted to be a jerk. But the amount of JIP is WAY too high in Halo 5. Warzone suffers from this greatly and lord knows it diminishes the enjoyment of the otherwise fun playlist.

I've made a topic similar to this before and some of you shared similar thoughts but most of you didn't seem to mind it all that much. Fair enough.

But to me this damn near ruins the gaming experience with the sheer frequency of games I am forced to play clean-up-crew in. The number of games I am told to JIP can vary from 1/3 - 2/3 on any given gaming session. I will be taking note of my next 100 Warzone games and see exactly how many I am forced to JIP.

I am no saint. I could be a lot more patient. But when I join a Warzone game already in progress and the enemy has all 3 bases already captured, I'm leaving. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's not that I cannot combat farming - quite the opposite. I simply shouldn't have to when I had no say in the matter in the beginning.

So without some advice this would just be a rant. My suggestion would be to follow the MW2/MW3 formula. Games run off "lobbies" so if you get a JIP game, you only have to endure that nonsense one time so long as you stay in that lobby you will stay with the same players who also stay there. But at the end of each game I should not become just another mercenary thrown into another boring inevitable loss. Oh, and it's also not even fun to join a game where the team I am put on is winning.
I think you've summed up every complaint about JIP i have. Co-sign
This is the first time I've seen a monitor post a thread that's not an "official" thread. For me, whenever I'm in warzone or BTB, the first game will always be a JIP game. After that, I usually never JIP, but I do occasionally. It would be nice if there was a 100% chance that you wouldn't JIP after your first game like you suggested.
This is the first time I've seen a monitor post a thread that's not an "official" thread. For me, whenever I'm in warzone or BTB, the first game will always be a JIP game. After that, I usually never JIP, but I do occasionally. It would be nice if there was a 100% chance that you wouldn't JIP after your first game like you suggested.
I've tried to think of multiple suggestions and the best I can come up with is the one I mentioned. I'd also be okay with the ability to turn JIP off when you attain a certain rank.

OR

I'll even save up REQ points to buy the ability. I am THAT desperate, lol.
I've tried to think of multiple suggestions and the best I can come up with is the one I mentioned. I'd also be okay with the ability to turn JIP off when you attain a certain rank.

OR

At least it isn't in ranked playlists. Do you leave the lobby often when playing warzone or BTB? Like I said, it's usually just the first match.

OR

At least it isn't in ranked playlists. Do you leave the lobby often when playing warzone or BTB? Like I said, it's usually just the first match.
I do not. I'll stay in the same lobby the entire session unless I quit a match. But the "same lobby" aspect almost never applies since I'll get tossed into another JIP at the conclusion of one match.
JIP wouldn't be a big issue for me if it was implemented properly, but it's pretty clear that it hasn't in this game and it makes me wonder if 343 even cares.

The amount of times where I'd join a game with half my team or more was missing and the slayer score was 80-20, where the enemy team was already farming us and the score was already a huge gap, where the enemy team already had 2 flag caps and was in the process of capping the third, where the game would end 30 seconds after I joined or even joined a game that ended before I could even spawn in is ridiculous.

OR

I do not. I'll stay in the same lobby the entire session unless I quit a match. But the "same lobby" aspect almost never applies since I'll get tossed into another JIP at the conclusion of one match.
Wow that really sucks. That barely happens to me. I agree they should really use your idea to make it more consistent.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
JIP wouldn't be a big issue for me if it was implemented properly, but it's pretty clear that it hasn't in this game and it makes me wonder if 343 even cares.

The amount of times where I'd join a game with half my team or more was missing and the slayer score was 80-20, where the enemy team was already farming us and the score was already a huge gap, where the enemy team already had 2 flag caps and was in the process of capping the third, where the game would end 30 seconds after I joined or even joined a game that ended before I could even spawn in is ridiculous.
The CTF matches where the score is 2-0 are probably the worst and most perplexing of all. Not sure why that would be in their "OK to join" games.
Wouldn't just staying in the end game lobby put you with a full group and new game each time. I know sitting there for 30 seconds is annoying but it would keep you from being part of that clean up crew. So that way if so happen to get said JIP game it will only be one.
It's definitely disheartening to see that triple cap off the start. I almost wish I could get a vehicle freebie or a damage boost to begin the game with as a "reward" for being a JIP. Like a Phateon Helios, lets say to even the odds a bit. That way if I have to suffer another JIP game, at least I can enjoy my time there.
RBaziFX wrote:
Wouldn't just staying in the end game lobby put you with a full group and new game each time. I know sitting there for 30 seconds is annoying but it would keep you from being part of that clean up crew. So that way if so happen to get said JIP game it will only be one.
That's what I wish was the case. That's the MW2/MW3 way of doing it. Halo 5, unfortunately, does not do this. I do not mind waiting for the next game to start. I actually read between matches or browse the forums so I don't mind at all.
RBaziFX wrote:
That's what I wish was the case. That's the MW2/MW3 way of doing it. Halo 5, unfortunately, does not do this. I do not mind waiting for the next game to start. I actually read between matches or browse the forums so I don't mind at all.
It is what I do when I play wz. I agree I hate being on the JIP team. But ever since I started waiting I have yet to find myself in a JIP game. At least from what I have noticed. I will pay attention more I guess lol
RBaziFX wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
It is what I do when I play wz. I agree I hate being on the JIP team. But ever since I started waiting I have yet to find myself in a JIP game. At least from what I have noticed. I will pay attention more I guess lol
Consider yourself lucky, my friend, lol.
Yes!!!! No more JIP! I hate joining matches in progress. It's annoying to join a game that's about to end and Halo 5 does that too much.
RBaziFX wrote:
RBaziFX wrote:
Consider yourself lucky, my friend, lol.
Well add me. If I'm not on sweating with my usual team I will run some wz with you to help what little I can!
I agree
My only question is why the title is called I am not a janitor? It's just question that's all. Other then that I'm usually solo player.
My only question is why the title is called I am not a janitor? It's just question that's all. Other then that I'm usually solo player.
As in, I am not playing Halo to clean up the mess other people made.
As in, I am not playing Halo to clean up the mess other people made.
Oh, good title I give that a nice 10/10. Pretty good one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11