3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
Couldn't agree with this more
Oke.
It really sucks when you JIP and have used a legendary req for top kills or something and the match is already half over
This thread is great.
There should just be an option to turn off JIP for you so you may spend the extra 20 sec to find a game... but for me it definitly would be worth it
Meh...I don't really mind JiP, even in hopeless circumstances. I mean, someone's gotta do it, in order to hopefully balance out the game. I guess I just don't mind being in a bad game, as long as I'm having fun.
Join in progress is just a waste of my time.
Why would I waste 3 minutes of my time knowing I'm gonna loose, when I could use those 3 minutes helping my team win in a fresh game.
I tend to only get JIP one match a day and not on all days. To be honest when I was using Warzone XP or RP Legendary cards for just attending a game I didn't mind it at all. I actually kind of liked it because I just got a shorter game to earn a ton of RP or XP because some of the cards demands are to simply just finish a game. It's worse if you use a card based on Kills or AI Kills because you are already behind the others. Now the simple fact of me JIP'ing mentally tabs a loss in my head so when I help in the momentum turn around for a victory it's doubly satisfying to me. I usually am not that much of difference maker in Warzone but I have been that guy in BTB. My best JIP turn around was down 1-0 CTF when I joined and literally 5 seconds later we were down 2-0. Then we came back and won 3-2 and I capped 2 of the 3 flags. It honestly was in my top 20 adrenaline rushes of H5. There were several people in the lobby yelling they were so pumped. One of the opposing players was laughing and said what the F just happened? One guy messaged me personally and said "Pulse happened".
I actually am a Janitor, but I don't want to be one in Halo 5.

So I agree, OP:
EMBRACE THE SUCK SPARTAN!!! Your're not alone
I tend to only get JIP one match a day and not on all days. To be honest when I was using Warzone XP or RP Legendary cards for just attending a game I didn't mind it at all. I actually kind of liked it because I just got a shorter game to earn a ton of RP or XP because some of the cards demands are to simply just finish a game. It's worse if you use a card based on Kills or AI Kills because you are already behind the others. Now the simple fact of me JIP'ing mentally tabs a loss in my head so when I help in the momentum turn around for a victory it's doubly satisfying to me. I usually am not that much of difference maker in Warzone but I have been that guy in BTB. My best JIP turn around was down 1-0 CTF when I joined and literally 5 seconds later we were down 2-0. Then we came back and won 3-2 and I capped 2 of the 3 flags. It honestly was in my top 20 adrenaline rushes of H5. There were several people in the lobby yelling they were so pumped. One of the opposing players was laughing and said what the F just happened? One guy messaged me personally and said "Pulse happened".
I had a similar moment in Covenant Slayer over the weekend. I did JIP and my team was down by 12. it was like 9 to 24. Then I went to work.I went like 29 and 6 and for most of the match we were out number 3 to 4. In the last minutes one of their guys quit. We won. It was one of the most satisfying matches I have had in H5. Will also say, I had LOTs of matches like this in BTB in H4.
Couldn't agree more, I usually just stuck it out and finish the have but it is very annoying
This is the first time I've seen a monitor post a thread that's not an "official" thread. For me, whenever I'm in warzone or BTB, the first game will always be a JIP game. After that, I usually never JIP, but I do occasionally. It would be nice if there was a 100% chance that you wouldn't JIP after your first game like you suggested.
You're lucky. Yesterday I JIP 5 times in 6 games...
JIP would be fine if there was a cut off after the half way point in matches and a quit & join & quit quota so the farms dry out
J Teeps wrote:
Fixed below.

1) Person Quits
2) You're the lucky one, Mr. Janitor, JIPed in
3) All your kills go to you
4) All your deaths AND team deaths, including people that stick it out, for the rest of the map, go to quitter. If multiple quitters they are evenly distributed.
5) Win goes to you (unlikely)
6) Loss goes to quitter (you get a free little warm up)

Problem solved. I've known tons of good Halo players. Quitting is 99% for their stats (they will argue this and talk about other things, but it simply is stats / ego). I bet you anything they will rarely quit if it loses its advantages.

Also, this will make finished the game against the pre-made a lot less painful for me (and others that stay / join). If nobody quit, it actually doesn't take long at all to take the whoopin, trust me, I know. Haha. Solo queuer my whole Halo life.
This takes incentivization to a whole new level... I like it!
Well, I like the idea. Only a lot of players will complain when the system can´t tell a quitter from a DC due to -Yoink- servers.
I'm your hellsjerome lol
It´s a issue i know, but my personal record is like 1 JIP in 20 games more or less.
This is the first time I've seen a monitor post a thread that's not an "official" thread. For me, whenever I'm in warzone or BTB, the first game will always be a JIP game. After that, I usually never JIP, but I do occasionally. It would be nice if there was a 100% chance that you wouldn't JIP after your first game like you suggested.
if you dont wanna JIP, just stay in the lobby. It's worth the 30-second wait to not join a losing match. The noly reason i leave a lobby and re-join is if there is a hacker, cheater or a noob. Also, JIP's mostly happen in BTB or Warzone, but when it happens in doubles...
But one of the punishments we should not have to endure is the task of routinely being told to clean up other people's messes. I am, of course, talking about a HORRIBLE pet peeve of mine, join-in-progress, AKA: JIP.

But to me this damn near ruins the gaming experience with the sheer frequency of games I am forced to play clean-up-crew in.

When I join a Warzone game already in progress and the enemy has all 3 bases already captured, I'm leaving. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's not that I cannot combat farming - quite the opposite. I simply shouldn't have to when I had no say in the matter in the beginning.

So without some advice this would just be a rant. My suggestion would be to follow the MW2/MW3 formula. Games run off "lobbies" so if you get a JIP game, you only have to endure that nonsense one time so long as you stay in that lobby you will stay with the same players who also stay there. But at the end of each game I should not become just another mercenary thrown into another boring inevitable loss. Oh, and it's also not even fun to join a game where the team I am put on is winning.
A horrible pet peeve of mine as well

It does ruin the game.

I usually try and hide somewhere and pick off people as I can. Usually works for me. But I have thought about quitting a time or two as well.

I like the formula you've suggested. Anyway you can get that inputted into the game?
Well, there's nothing I can really do to get it implemented into the game. Besides, I would imagine it would take a great deal of work. I'm not that tech-savvy, but I would imagine changing matchmaking formulas takes a bit of work. Could be wrong and I'll probably never know.
Must be tech savvy a bit if you're a monitor. Been hoping to become one myself. Figure if im on here everyday that might help.
I've gotten to know a lot of you during my time here on the forums and over the years on this site. So I know many of you, like me, play matchmaking solo most of the time. We're considered "solo players," if you will. Us solo players know the risks we run whenever we enter matchmaking alone. We know we may get bad teams or questionable teammates. These issues extend to the ranked playlists where even simple communication can be an adventure.

But one of the punishments we should not have to endure is the task of routinely being told to clean up other people's messes. I am, of course, talking about a HORRIBLE pet peeve of mine, join-in-progress, AKA: JIP.

On paper it's a good idea, yeah? Someone quits, have someone fill their spot. Cool. The team with the quitter isn't handicapped the rest of the game because one person wanted to be a jerk. But the amount of JIP is WAY too high in Halo 5. Warzone suffers from this greatly and lord knows it diminishes the enjoyment of the otherwise fun playlist.

I've made a topic similar to this before and some of you shared similar thoughts but most of you didn't seem to mind it all that much. Fair enough.

But to me this damn near ruins the gaming experience with the sheer frequency of games I am forced to play clean-up-crew in. The number of games I am told to JIP can vary from 1/3 - 2/3 on any given gaming session. I will be taking note of my next 100 Warzone games and see exactly how many I am forced to JIP.

I am no saint. I could be a lot more patient. But when I join a Warzone game already in progress and the enemy has all 3 bases already captured, I'm leaving. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's not that I cannot combat farming - quite the opposite. I simply shouldn't have to when I had no say in the matter in the beginning.

So without some advice this would just be a rant. My suggestion would be to follow the MW2/MW3 formula. Games run off "lobbies" so if you get a JIP game, you only have to endure that nonsense one time so long as you stay in that lobby you will stay with the same players who also stay there. But at the end of each game I should not become just another mercenary thrown into another boring inevitable loss. Oh, and it's also not even fun to join a game where the team I am put on is winning.
Search on expanded.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11