Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] I am sad for the Halo commuinty, and 343i

OP V6R32

343 made a mistake with Halo 4's MP. They rectified this with Halo 5 whilst still trying to keep some modern elements to help Halo compete with the modern day gamer, thus keeping Halo a profitable franchise.

For many - this wasn't good enough as it wasn't a carbon copy of Halo 2/3.

343i (I still think their community interaction is poor) then decided to take action on this with their latest announcement of a classic playlist. Now, literally a week ago and since launch you had lots of people complaining about the lack of a classic playlist and the fact a spartan can sprint.. Yet now people are complaining that a classic playlist has been announced.

Ive come to the realisation that literally nothing 343i do will satisfy the community, and if this kind of behaviour continues we will most likely end up with a fractured and splintered Halo experience that lacks identity.

This makes me a little sad. :(
V6R32 wrote:
343 made a mistake with Halo 4's MP. They rectified this with Halo 5 whilst still trying to keep some modern elements to help Halo compete with the modern day gamer, thus keeping Halo a profitable franchise.

For many - this wasn't good enough as it wasn't a carbon copy of Halo 2/3.
I am sad for the Halo community, that there are people who actually believe this...
1) You mis-represent the wishes of the classic community. No one wants a carbon copy of Halo 2/3. In fact there are divisions between those that prefer the classic games. Some prefer CE, but not H2 or 3. Even groups that love Halo 2 but loathe Halo 3. We all want a classic Halo, but to say we all want a carbon copy would be severely misunderstanding the arguments put forth by the community. (for instance, we all have different arguments over the H2 and H3 BR. Equipment vs nothing and so on). We do all however want a classical designed game to hopefully find a game that feels better than both Halo 2 and Halo 3. Something HR, H4, and H5 does not.

2) Halo 4 died specifically because of its departure from Halo 3. We asked for it all to be removed. We got half of what we asked for. And a whole load of new modern features to replace them.

3) Halo 5 had all these modern features to compete with modern games, and it hasn't been able to compete with modern games. It's the same story as Halo 4. It's got all the bullet points but none of the heart. That's not the community's fault. The community doesn't enjoy the modern features. If we did we would have played both games. The people who do enjoy modern features have a huge list of modern games to play, so why would they play Halo 5?. The idea that Halo needed these features is based on absolutely zero fact or evidence.
No that's not it. People are complaining for multiple reasons
  1. Knowing 343 they will just remove spartan abilities and call it good. But to create a good classic playlist they need to do a lot more than that. They have to have make maps that flow well with the gameplay. They need to increase player movement because it would be too slow otherwise. The weapon balance would need to be drastically changed due to the presence of ADS and a much quicker TTK than previous games.
  2. After mentioning the above many people (including myself) just don't think 343 are capable of tweaking these issues and/or aren't bothered.
  3. If there was such an outcry for a classic playlist then why did 343 decide to make a classic playlist A YEAR after the game released?
  4. Knowing 343's track record with remaking classic gamemodes (*cough* BTB and Warzone Firefight *cough*) it will probably be broken and/or would need serious improvement.
I however, am glad that we are at least getting something instead of nothing. Honestly to me, weapon balance doesn't really matter that much. All I want is to play a halo game without sprint, ADS, thruster and etc. A classic playlist doesn't mean it has to be Halo 3.5 but to only play similarly to the original games...
Richnj wrote:
1) You mis-represent the wishes of the classic community. No one wants a carbon copy of Halo 2/3. In fact there are divisions between those that prefer the classic games. Some prefer CE, but not H2 or 3. Even groups that love Halo 2 but loathe Halo 3. We all want a classic Halo, but to say we all want a carbon copy would be severely misunderstanding the arguments put forth by the community. (for instance, we all have different arguments over the H2 and H3 BR. Equipment vs nothing and so on). We do all however want a classical designed game to hopefully find a game that feels better than both Halo 2 and Halo 3. Something HR, H4, and H5 does not.

2) Halo 4 died specifically because of its departure from Halo 3. We asked for it all to be removed. We got half of what we asked for. And a whole load of new modern features to replace them.

3) Halo 5 had all these modern features to compete with modern games, and it hasn't been able to compete with modern games. It's the same story as Halo 4. It's got all the bullet points but none of the heart. That's not the community's fault. The community doesn't enjoy the modern features. If we dis we would have played both games. The people who do enjoy modern features have a huge list of modern games to play, so why would they play Halo 5?. The idea that Halo needed these features is based on absolutely zero fact or evidence.
This guy ^ He's right, just stop here the thread XD
They will never please the masses nor the people on the internet. with every Halo game being different than the last this has created many different Halo fans who all have their idea on what Halo is supposed to be. They will all always feel "ignored" when they complain online and see no response to their complaint and then rage about it. 343 is in a very bad position with Halo right now because no matter what they do it will be wrong to certain Halo fans.
LethalQ wrote:
They will never please the masses nor the people on the internet. with every Halo game being different than the last this has created many different Halo fans who all have their idea on what Halo is supposed to be. They will all always feel "ignored" when they complain online and see no response to their complaint and then rage about it. 343 is in a very bad position with Halo right now because no matter what they do it will be wrong to certain Halo fans.
What they should really do is make Halo what it's supposed to be. A simple and unique game it always was (no, not a carbon copy of Halo 2 or Halo 3) while trying their best to improve upon what made it great in the first place. That's all the matter, make a true Halo game.
LethalQ wrote:
What they should really do is make Halo what it's supposed to be. A simple and unique game it always was (no, not a carbon copy of Halo 2 or Halo 3) while trying their best to improve upon what made it great in the first place. That's all the matter, make a true Halo game.
Yes! Just like the Coalition did well on Gears 4!
Fact is that no matter what 343 does there will still be people on here complaining. That is unavoidable. People want everything their way every time and if they don't get it they will run to the first place they can to voice it. My opinion is anymore people are too spoiled. They've set the bar so dang high that pleasing them is dang near impossible. It's almost as if they don't know how to just play a game and be happy anymore. That's what I think is sad. Yet, these same people yelling the loudest are probably still cranking up the their xbox and playing H5. I concede this is exactly the place to voice your opinion but holy crap. People act like all of these things they are complaining about are going to be fixed in a day or that just because they started a thread about it that it's suddenly on 343's list of things to take care of. lol At some point you should take the hint and realize your wishlist isn't coming true and Halo won't be the game YOU expected it to be. I'm just one person but I think H5 is great. So do a lot of other people.
Fact is that no matter what 343 does there will still be people on here complaining. That is unavoidable. People want everything their way every time and if they don't get it they will run to the first place they can to voice it. My opinion is anymore people are too spoiled. They've set the bar so dang high that pleasing them is dang near impossible. It's almost as if they don't know how to just play a game and be happy anymore. That's what I think is sad. Yet, these same people yelling the loudest are probably still cranking up the their xbox and playing H5. I concede this is exactly the place to voice your opinion but holy crap. People act like all of these things they are complaining about are going to be fixed in a day or that just because they started a thread about it that it's suddenly on 343's list of things to take care of. lol At some point you should take the hint and realize your wishlist isn't coming true and Halo won't be the game YOU expected it to be. I'm just one person but I think H5 is great. So do a lot of other people.
it is not

STORY - ARTSTYLE - GEARS OF WAR 4 COMPARISON - HALO 5 REVIEW - THE ARBITER IN HALO 5 - CUSTOMIZATION - A BALANCE AND FUN ISSUE - BLOOD
Alright, for all you haters out there, lets just get this straight.....
Halo will NEVER be like it was several years ago, no matter how much you ask or beg. Yea, we all know 343 isnt exactly the best company when it comes to updates and sastifying the community, but going back to the roots after a change is something that no company will ever do, not just 343.

The problem isnt 343 trying to please the community, The problem is the community asking too much and never being satisfied.
I think a lot of people confuse 'hating halo' with criticising it. Most of the people you see shouting the loudest are the people who care for, and love Halo the most.
I also dislike that many people seem to equate complaining with being 'spoiled' or 'bitter' etc. This argument boils down to a fairly simple rationale; be happy with what you've got or at least don't whine about it.
If your response to someone's complaint that; "sprint takes away from the core Halo experience" goes something like; "people are never satisfied" you're not really addressing the actual topic matter are you? You're not disagreeing with what they've said, only the fact that they said it.
I would also like to challenge anyone who thinks that sales went down between halo's 4 and 5 respectively by almost half, because around 5 million fans decided to get "fussy" at once..
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but blaming the community helps no one, and is ultimately of little relevance to Halo 5.