Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why the REQ system?
Where is Big Team Battle with vehicles???
I now have to unlock all the vehicles.
Halo used to be fun for everyone....
It takes way too long to unlock vehicles.
The game plays odd I dont know why.
Its too slow I think.
I like the vehicle system in Star Wars Battlefront, Halo needs something like that.
Everyone can get into a vehicle and you dont have to decide if you want a better weapon or vehicle.
The Infinity Slayer system was better.
I dont know what you did to Halo but I am sad.
I used to like Halo 4 a lot I was hoping for cool ability gameplay and typical Halo action.
Maybe I have to get used to this cards stuff.
Why would people pay for packs its not like you can use them you still need to get enough kills to use them.
We usually buy Halo two times for 2 consoles but now we only have 1.
I played the campaign its cool to play coop.
However I like the idea to include AI into the War Zone.
Halo I am looking at you confused and scratching my head.
I had such a excitement for you when I saw the Beta but now I am wondering....
Halo I hope you change
This post melted my brain... and not in a good way
BTB will be available some time in december. not all game types are available at launch because they didn't want to fragment the player base so early like in 4
Changes....hopefully for the better will come in time. Just keep posting. They are aware of the feedback. They do listen however not everyone can be pleased.
HoneyCode wrote:
Why the REQ system?
Where is Big Team Battle with vehicles???
I now have to unlock all the vehicles.
Halo used to be fun for everyone....
It takes way too long to unlock vehicles.
The game plays odd I dont know why.
Its too slow I think.
I like the vehicle system in Star Wars Battlefront, Halo needs something like that.
Everyone can get into a vehicle and you dont have to decide if you want a better weapon or vehicle.
The Infinity Slayer system was better.
I dont know what you did to Halo but I am sad.
I used to like Halo 4 a lot I was hoping for cool ability gameplay and typical Halo action.
Maybe I have to get used to this cards stuff.
Why would people pay for packs its not like you can use them you still need to get enough kills to use them.
We usually buy Halo two times for 2 consoles but now we only have 1.
I played the campaign its cool to play coop.
However I like the idea to include AI into the War Zone.
Halo I hope you change
FYI, Big team battle is coming, they announced that sometime this past year, but I'm aware that not everyone got that announcement. So we will see it in a future update.
The Req system is pretty fun, and the reason for it is because all map updates, and content updates are free, so the trade off is that people can buy reqs if they wish. I don't think that's a bad trade, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. If feels like I'm getting a lot of reqs at a good interval, so I can't complain. :)

The reason for the level limit on the cards in warzone is so that people can't just bring out the big guns against those who don't have big guns yet. It's a bit like a MOBA in which you have to level up to use powerful weapons in the match. I really like warzone, besides not being very good at it. ;)

Hopefully this helps answer your questions. :)
I hope Big Team Battle comes soon.
I dont wanna choose between weapon and vehicles.
They also saod you wont get things double, I got 4 mongoose at ones.
looking forward to BTB aswell... but what I can say is be a bit patient and enjoy the things are given to you for the moment. Easy
I can't tell what the overall consensus is on halo 5...
People can have as much big guns as they want you can still kill them like in every Halo.
I dont wanna waste points for vehicle cause I wanna use the abilities but if I have to decide I will always take the vehicles.
its just boring cause I wont ever choose anything else other then vehicles.
They have such big maps they have to hurry up with BTB.
I might wait and play the campaign more.
You're in the minority.
HoneyCode wrote:
Why the REQ system? - Actually quite good system, better than killstreaks by far
Where is Big Team Battle with vehicles??? - Forge coming later
I now have to unlock all the vehicles. - This happens pretty quickly, I usually call in ghosts after about 4-5 minutes
Halo used to be fun for everyone.... - Still is
It takes way too long to unlock vehicles. - Find the cards, or in the game? Both are quite fast
The game plays odd I dont know why. - B/c you don't like change
Its too slow I think. - First fair point you have, my sensitivity is 10 and feels slow
I like the vehicle system in Star Wars Battlefront, Halo needs something like that. - Differentiation is a positive. We don't want 10 of the same game
Everyone can get into a vehicle and you dont have to decide if you want a better weapon or vehicle. - Destroy enemy vehicles? idk what this complaint means...
The Infinity Slayer system was better. - I love the slayer in this game. Thrusters change it so much but in a good way.
I dont know what you did to Halo but I am sad. - You liked the old ones and want the same game, but sorry, welcome to the future.
I used to like Halo 4 a lot I was hoping for cool ability gameplay and typical Halo action. - You want typical? Typical/classic halo action is slow and clunky. New is smooth and fast
Maybe I have to get used to this cards stuff. - Give a chance. Very fair system and kinda fun to collect them.
Why would people pay for packs its not like you can use them you still need to get enough kills to use them. - Some people will buy them to get armors. I won't.
We usually buy Halo two times for 2 consoles but now we only have 1. - This is a positive
I played the campaign its cool to play coop. - Very true. Loved the campaign especially coop
However I like the idea to include AI into the War Zone. - I also like including AI in warzones
Halo I hope you change
See all comments above, but most importantly... be happy
I am very disappointed, too. Actually 10 hours in and I really hate it. I mean like actually despise it. This game doesn't even resemble fun and it's not close. I'm not saying it's a poorly designed game, I'm just saying it isn't fun to play. I am trying hard to like H5 like I have loved all the other Halo games. But I am just not having fun at all. Yes, I suck so enjoy pointing out my paltry k/d spread, but that has never been a problem before in Halo games. Destiny is just better and it's not close.

I like games where I feel like the character I control is powerful. All the Spartans feel really weak, especially on legendary, and there is no way to power them up. You just have to slog through. We were dying to grunts and dogs, so it was cower back as far as you can and hope to pick one off and move up slightly. It's just not fun when the enemies are 100x more powerful than you. I guess I could play an easier difficulty, but there is literally no incentive to.

Multiplayer is not better. It's either 4 v 4 or 12 v 12. It's either too small, or too big, and nothing in the middle. I hate warzone, I have always hated SWAT and I am not even going to try breakout because I would be watching way more than playing. There is nothing else. Nothing. The "robust" multiplayer is a load of crap. There are like 5 modes and they all suck.

The REQ system is not good either. All I get are Mongoose and Needlers which do nothing when the opponent has a fuckign tank. Someone with a higher level is always going to have an advantage and guess what, you can BUY more levels essentially. I guess it's kind of cool to have so many helmets and armor and gun skins, but that's the problem. There are so many, none of them feel special. Everyone looks so different they look the same. Then it's just cards and waiting to level up. Again, just not fun.

The grenades are out of control, and I know grenades are a huge part of Halo. I managed to kill someone and they literally dropped SIX grenades. I mean why even have a gun at that point? You can't hide at all after you take damage (not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to recharge shields) because of hail of 12 grenades coming down on you. I like having 1 grenade every 45 seconds like in Destiny. And there are only 3 kinds of grenades. Not fun.

No co-op modes beyond campaign really sucks, too. Maybe if I could have fun shooting the aliens with my friends I would enjoy it. But the campaign isn't good enough, long enough or incentivized enough to make me want to play it more than once (and I really don't even want to continue). The 1 min cool down on respawn in campaign sucks and that is literally the only PVE. There were several times I respawned unfairly after waiting a minute and literally spent 2-3 minutes dead without getting to even fire my weapon. It is literally not fun.

2 days in and I am missing Destiny. It's far from a perfect game, but at least I have fun playing. This is just frustration upon frustration and I don't see myself playing much longer. People complain about $40 for TTK but this is the worst $60 I have ever spent. I literally don't know if I can find the strength to put that -Yoink- game back in the drive. It is truly awful. Make it a fun game and I will play.

TL;DR Your favorite game sucks.
USED to be fun for everyone? I love the new editions they've made. Halo is one of the few shooters that still requires skill, and skill can trump weaponry. I have killed ghosts with an assault rifle, and taken out SAW users with a Magnum. Halo is still fun for everyone, but you will have more fun if you are good at the game. In war, you can't just find a tank sitting on the sidewalk and have one be there every 10 minutes. This throws in a war economy, simply because the more kills you get, the faster you can get to the good stuff. Doing well in the game gives you access to the higher lever reqs much faster. And just because you don't have adrenaline draining out through your eyes because the game is so intense is not a bad thing. Just because Halo is evolving, that doesn't mean it is becoming a bad game. Halo is still Halo. The requisitions are meant to help you out in the Warzone games, and you can earn points to stockpile your req packs by playing Arena. If you play a bunch of Arena, you can buy req packs to get started in warzone, in which you can earn more req points to earn more req packs, so on and so forth. You EARN your powerful gear. It still has Arena for those who want a bit more of that classic Halo feel. So if you don't like Warzone, quit -Yoinking!- about it, go back to Arena, and leave those of us who like it alone. The Requisition system adds in a more realistic way of obtaining weapons. And you can adapt your gear based on the situation. Enemy tank? Send in a pair of guys with fuel rod guns. Banshee taking your guys out? Req yourself a Hydra. Warthog constantly suppressing the main chokepoint? Sneak around with a Mantis and stomp them out of the way. It is meant to add an extra layer of strategy and skill to Halo. It is genius. And it is much better than having set loadouts where someone can just CONSTANTLY spawn in with a sniper rifle and shoot you when you look away. This actually makes you think, "Is it worth using my only sniper rifle to take this guy out? Or should I save it in case a bunch of guys try to take the garage. I could shoot them through the window and get a bunch more kills." They have brought a much more sophisticated system to Halo, and it is great. And paying for the requisition pack with real money is a CHOICE. You can still go into Arena and Warzone to earn req points based on how well you do. The better you do, the more points you get. This system rewards the strong, and still gives the weak a chance to get stronger. You get points pretty much no matter what. You can earn points by targeting AI, and trying to avoid confronting enemy players who have strong requisitions. It is much more important to have a plan, and coordinate with your team to win games now. Now get out into the battle.
USED to be fun for everyone? I love the new editions they've made. Halo is one of the few shooters that still requires skill, and skill can trump weaponry. I have killed ghosts with an assault rifle, and taken out SAW users with a Magnum. Halo is still fun for everyone, but you will have more fun if you are good at the game. In war, you can't just find a tank sitting on the sidewalk and have one be there every 10 minutes. This throws in a war economy, simply because the more kills you get, the faster you can get to the good stuff. Doing well in the game gives you access to the higher lever reqs much faster. And just because you don't have adrenaline draining out through your eyes because the game is so intense is not a bad thing. Just because Halo is evolving, that doesn't mean it is becoming a bad game. Halo is still Halo. The requisitions are meant to help you out in the Warzone games, and you can earn points to stockpile your req packs by playing Arena. If you play a bunch of Arena, you can buy req packs to get started in warzone, in which you can earn more req points to earn more req packs, so on and so forth. You EARN your powerful gear. It still has Arena for those who want a bit more of that classic Halo feel. So if you don't like Warzone, quit -Yoinking!- about it, go back to Arena, and leave those of us who like it alone. The Requisition system adds in a more realistic way of obtaining weapons. And you can adapt your gear based on the situation. Enemy tank? Send in a pair of guys with fuel rod guns. Banshee taking your guys out? Req yourself a Hydra. Warthog constantly suppressing the main chokepoint? Sneak around with a Mantis and stomp them out of the way. It is meant to add an extra layer of strategy and skill to Halo. It is genius. And it is much better than having set loadouts where someone can just CONSTANTLY spawn in with a sniper rifle and shoot you when you look away. This actually makes you think, "Is it worth using my only sniper rifle to take this guy out? Or should I save it in case a bunch of guys try to take the garage. I could shoot them through the window and get a bunch more kills." They have brought a much more sophisticated system to Halo, and it is great. And paying for the requisition pack with real money is a CHOICE. You can still go into Arena and Warzone to earn req points based on how well you do. The better you do, the more points you get. This system rewards the strong, and still gives the weak a chance to get stronger. You get points pretty much no matter what. You can earn points by targeting AI, and trying to avoid confronting enemy players who have strong requisitions. It is much more important to have a plan, and coordinate with your team to win games now. Now get out into the battle.
That was actually a very good read.
I am very disappointed, too. Actually 10 hours in and I really hate it. I mean like actually despise it. This game doesn't even resemble fun and it's not close. I'm not saying it's a poorly designed game, I'm just saying it isn't fun to play. I am trying hard to like H5 like I have loved all the other Halo games. But I am just not having fun at all. Yes, I suck so enjoy pointing out my paltry k/d spread, but that has never been a problem before in Halo games. Destiny is just better and it's not close.

I like games where I feel like the character I control is powerful. All the Spartans feel really weak, especially on legendary, and there is no way to power them up. You just have to slog through. We were dying to grunts and dogs, so it was cower back as far as you can and hope to pick one off and move up slightly. It's just not fun when the enemies are 100x more powerful than you. I guess I could play an easier difficulty, but there is literally no incentive to.

Multiplayer is not better. It's either 4 v 4 or 12 v 12. It's either too small, or too big, and nothing in the middle. I hate warzone, I have always hated SWAT and I am not even going to try breakout because I would be watching way more than playing. There is nothing else. Nothing. The "robust" multiplayer is a load of crap. There are like 5 modes and they all suck.

The REQ system is not good either. All I get are Mongoose and Needlers which do nothing when the opponent has a fuckign tank. Someone with a higher level is always going to have an advantage and guess what, you can BUY more levels essentially. I guess it's kind of cool to have so many helmets and armor and gun skins, but that's the problem. There are so many, none of them feel special. Everyone looks so different they look the same. Then it's just cards and waiting to level up. Again, just not fun.

The grenades are out of control, and I know grenades are a huge part of Halo. I managed to kill someone and they literally dropped SIX grenades. I mean why even have a gun at that point? You can't hide at all after you take damage (not to mention the insane amount of time it takes to recharge shields) because of hail of 12 grenades coming down on you. I like having 1 grenade every 45 seconds like in Destiny. And there are only 3 kinds of grenades. Not fun.

No co-op modes beyond campaign really sucks, too. Maybe if I could have fun shooting the aliens with my friends I would enjoy it. But the campaign isn't good enough, long enough or incentivized enough to make me want to play it more than once (and I really don't even want to continue). The 1 min cool down on respawn in campaign sucks and that is literally the only PVE. There were several times I respawned unfairly after waiting a minute and literally spent 2-3 minutes dead without getting to even fire my weapon. It is literally not fun.

2 days in and I am missing Destiny. It's far from a perfect game, but at least I have fun playing. This is just frustration upon frustration and I don't see myself playing much longer. People complain about $40 for TTK but this is the worst $60 I have ever spent. I literally don't know if I can find the strength to put that -Yoink- game back in the drive. It is truly awful. Make it a fun game and I will play.

TL;DR Your favorite game sucks.
This is a troll, right?
HoneyCode wrote:

Halo I hope you change
I'm looking at your post confused and scratching my head. HaloJolly, I hope you redact.
HoneyCode wrote:
I hope Big Team Battle comes soon.
I dont wanna choose between weapon and vehicles.
They also saod you wont get things double, I got 4 mongoose at ones.
They ment double permnent cards (Helmets, Armor, Visors, Skins, etc)
Absolutely amazing how people immediately scream, "BURN THE HERETIC" as soon as Halo changes part of the feel (I actually meant improves part of the feel). Again, the system is very well done. Just because you don't want to have to earn the powerful stuff doesn't meant the system sucks. And while I do agree that way to many people will try to nade you at the start of a breakout match, the grenades are not OP. I have had grenades go off almost under me, and I'll survive. If you have a grenade thrown at you, Thruster pack your -Yoink- out of the way! That is what they can be used for! And you do realize that that SIX grenade thing just meant they stumbled over 2 of every kind, right? And if you are only getting bad reqs, SAVE UP AND BUY BETTER REQ PACKS!!! Even silvers have given me 3 or 4 hydras, a FRG, and a random uncommon weapon. The req system gives you better stuff if you've earned it. You can earn a gold req in 9 or 10 games of Warzone, guaranteed. I average out at about 1,200 req points earned EVERY Warzone game I play! So stop whining, and appreciate that Halo has the DECENCY to give it's fans something new every game! (cough cough Call of Duty)
Might I add:

CoD repeats it's mechanics

Halo IMPROVES it's mechanics

Anybody else share that opinion with me?
HoneyCode wrote:
People can have as much big guns as they want you can still kill them like in every Halo.
I dont wanna waste points for vehicle cause I wanna use the abilities but if I have to decide I will always take the vehicles.
its just boring cause I wont ever choose anything else other then vehicles.
They have such big maps they have to hurry up with BTB.
I might wait and play the campaign more.
ok
why do
you talk like
this? Like
It is driving me crazy.
Warzone is more fun to me
than BTB ever was.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2