Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I beat the REQ system

OP JLtheStoneWall

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Roughly ten months out from launch, and I have obtained all REQs available via REQ points. I have spent no money at all on any REQ packs, ever.

And wow, am I sick of Halo 5. At least for today. And they're dropping 130,000 REQ points worth of stuff on September 8th?

The grind is real.
I just unlocked everything yesterday. I am trying to save up but I keep forgetting and buy gold packs whenever I reach 10k.
I never need to grind again. Already had everything long ago and now I have surplus rp ready to blow on future updates and still have much more to spare.
I'm there as well. The joy of building the inventory of goodies!!
Congratulations!!
Roughly ten months out from launch, and I have obtained all REQs available via REQ points. I have spent no money at all on any REQ packs, ever.

And wow, am I sick of Halo 5. At least for today. And they're dropping 130,000 REQ points worth of stuff on September 8th?

The grind is real.
Actually once you have everything unlocked there really isn't much of a grind anymore. Gold packs refund 6000 req points. It won't take long to start building up a bank and reqs now. I have so many boost, I get around 4000 req points per warzone match now a days.

The grind is real.
Ill probably only ended having to spend like 80,000 t get everything int he next uopdate.
I've got 35 gold packs saved up and 38k rp saved. I think I'm ready
I´m on 130k only a few things left (of old reqs) and then all the new items... maybe 180k will be enough. :)

The grind is real.
Now that you unlocked everything its just cruising through each pack. The netcost of a goldpack is like 4K plus you get RP boosts to use. But first you need to save up some RP for September 8th. Then you can start cruising lol
I never need to grind again. Already had everything long ago and now I have surplus rp ready to blow on future updates and still have much more to spare.
Ditto

I'm sitting on about 350,000 RP with nothing to spend it on.
I only did the grind in hardcore mode until I got the armor I wanted, which I did like 4 days ago, so I am happy now and just gonna take it slow.

Unless you want to get 100% on everything, I think the rush only comes if you want a certain armor. Now I look like my Reach spartan!!
Currently sitting on 200k, might just spend all my points lol
I had the game 2 days before before warzone firefight and i got all reqs last week and never used money, but i did get get 3 armor sets from halo MCC campaign
Forgot to tell you congrats, btw when i saw this i thought you meant you maxed out req points and you cant get any more points
I had all reqs about a month after launch...
Kept buying after updates.
Still have all reqs.
Yeah man, Same boat as you OP!
Haven't spent a single penny on this games REQ system and have unlocked everything.
Luckily I still have the 9 gold packs saved up from the Warzone Firefight update and a load of req points,
so I should hopefully be ok when the new content comes out!
You may have beaten the REQ System, but did you destroy the enemy core?
I have a few issues with the REQ system. Not to be a downer, and I know not everyone has these issues and they don't affect me, but I've seen them a lot. I play Halo for Halo, but sometimes we get too caught up in this system and forget what the point of the game is.

Essentially, the REQ system turns the game into work because it makes you need to open packs ... then because the game is now a chore, you enjoy it less ... at least until you're done opening them all ... of course, once you open them all, a lot of people feel they've "completed" it and the incentive is gone ... and that incentive was never needed in the older games. They've put in place a system that makes the game less enjoyable and makes people want to stop playing it once the reward system is complete and it was totally unnecessary before. Not for everyone of course, but I've seen a lot of people here on Waypoint complain about "how do you make the grind more tolerable" ... and I'm thinking "you're just playing Halo" ... it's kinda sad.

Playing Halo used to be the reward, but now there's a carrot on a stick, and that carrot is a REQ pack, not Halo, Halo is the chore, and once you get the carrot, the chore is complete, so why continue doing chores? That's how some people seem to look at it.

And then there are those who have problems with these sorts of things and get carried away and spend more money on packs than they can afford and get themselves into trouble. I mean, sure, that's on them, but still ...

I mean, let's be honest: who here hasn't been a little discouraged after opening a lousy pack and thinking "how many more stupid matches do I have to go through for another?" When the whole point of playing Halo in the first place was for these matches ... Now we're calculating how many we have to grind through so we can get the satisfaction of hearing a REQ pack pop open.

I think the REQ system is bad, basically. So congrats on beating it, now you can focus on Halo.
I have a few issues with the REQ system. Not to be a downer, and I know not everyone has these issues and they don't affect me, but I've seen them a lot. I play Halo for Halo, but sometimes we get too caught up in this system and forget what the point of the game is.
Essentially, the REQ system turns the game into work because it makes you need to open packs ... then because the game is now a chore, you enjoy it less ... at least until you're done opening them all ... of course, once you open them all, a lot of people feel they've "completed" it and the incentive is gone ... and that incentive was never needed in the older games. They've put in place a system that makes the game less enjoyable and makes people want to stop playing it once the reward system is complete and it was totally unnecessary before. Not for everyone of course, but I've seen a lot of people here on Waypoint complain about "how do you make the grind more tolerable" ... and I'm thinking "you're just playing Halo" ... it's kinda sad.
Playing Halo used to be the reward, but now there's a carrot on a stick, and that carrot is a REQ pack, not Halo, Halo is the chore, and once you get the carrot, the chore is complete, so why continue doing chores? That's how some people seem to look at it.
And then there are those who have problems with these sorts of things and get carried away and spend more money on packs than they can afford and get themselves into trouble. I mean, sure, that's on them, but still ...
I mean, let's be honest: who here hasn't been a little discouraged after opening a lousy pack and thinking "how many more stupid matches do I have to go through for another?" When the whole point of playing Halo in the first place was for these matches ... Now we're calculating how many we have to grind through so we can get the satisfaction of hearing a REQ pack pop open.
I think the REQ system is bad, basically. So congrats on beating it, now you can focus on Halo.
Very well said, I could not have thought of a better way to put it myself! I used to enjoy playing Halo from one match to the next, simply for having fun and playing Halo. But now? Now I just play until I have my gold pack for the day, and then stop, because I have fulfilled what I needed from it.
Congrats!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3