Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I can't go positive anymore

OP SaIman Khan

Past 3 days i can't ever go postive in slayer or team arena, no matter what. Wat the -Yoink- is wrong with this game? nothing ever works to get me kills and its not my aim because my accuracy is always above 50%, i think im gonna go sell this game tomorrow unless someone tells me otherwise on here
Focus on enjoying the game, not your K/D
For starters, you say nothing works for you. What are you doing? What weapon sare you using? How are you aiming? What is your play style? Whats your state of mind when you play?

Also, maybe explain more specific types of advice youd like

My default response, stop worrying about kills and focus on not dying and slowing down your firing to focus on aim then ahoot, not shoot then aim. Sounds odd i know but my accuracy is generally decently high, and i tend to stick with ar most of the time. I just focus on aiming and defensive playstyle.

Also, your in diamond now, so youll get people that go in as teams, and people that generally are pretty adept with the game. When i play against gold its not even remotely the same as diamond (currently diamond myself)
Firstly, it isn't the games fault if you are playing badly, so asking what's wrong with the game isn't going to help you.

Curiously, I don't seem to be able to find records of you playing any matches since December 25th.

Are you rushing in too much? Are you focusing too heavily on trying to get the kills? Is your strafing bad? Do you use the wrong weapon for the job? Plenty of things could be going wrong, you really need to think about how you're playing.

Anyway, if you can send us a recording of one of your matches it'd help; I'm not trying to shame you or anything, it'll just make it easier to pick out what you are doing wrong if we can see how you play
Something i noticed on your service record, it says you have just shy of ONLY 5 hours with the game period.

Realize you are going to play with plenty of people with WAY more than you have. Myself i have about 116ish hours between warzone and arena (not counting the 35 on campaign as well) as ive been playing since day one.

You cant expect to jump in and just expect to go positive so soon without adapting to the game. Took me about maybe 20ish hours to really understand the game, and my kd is now going up, not that i fully focus on it but still.

Again your not goving is any idea what your doing at all so we cant teally gove you soecific tips. Only blanket statements.

Whats your playstyle in general? Aggressive, defensive? A mix? Give us some idea
You're only level 11. That means the vast majority of the people you're playing have more experience than you. Halo is not CoD. You can't pick it up and be a god on day 1. You have to practice a lot and learn what works and what doesn't for yourself.
Until the December update I was steadily improving my game and regularly Out-Kd'd diamond players when matched with them. Suddenly...after the dec update ive become bad at the game. I think its because I had a bad day and got frustrated and its sort of snowballed cos ive stopped enjoing the game and have stopped using my head and keeping cool. Don't be like me...it bad
Until the December update I was steadily improving my game and regularly Out-Kd'd diamond players when matched with them. Suddenly...after the dec update ive become bad at the game. I think its because I had a bad day and got frustrated and its sort of snowballed cos ive stopped enjoing the game and have stopped using my head and keeping cool. Don't be like me...it bad
I have rhe exact issue from time to time myself. Keeping a calm cool head makes a massive difference
You're being too cautious now. You have overcompensated for a couple bad games. Get back to run n gun magnum head shots and enemy awareness. Couple weeks ago I was in the same boat so I played some BTB, seat and breakout and now I'm great in slayer and team arena again,

just have to shake it off and step back up.

worked for me OP. Never give up, this game demands actual skill so you will have bad streaks like any player does
Don't pace your shots. Unload that magnum clip furiously and you will be back in the game,

works for me.
BTB, Swat and Breakout*
Apparently the game works fine for the people killing you.....
You're being too cautious now. You have overcompensated for a couple bad games. Get back to run n gun magnum head shots and enemy awareness. Couple weeks ago I was in the same boat so I played some BTB, seat and breakout and now I'm great in slayer and team arena again,

just have to shake it off and step back up.

worked for me OP. Never give up, this game demands actual skill so you will have bad streaks like any player does
Lol look what Halo has become run and gun with no sense of strategy and now players starting to camp in arena.
Omg man to just sell a game because you are not good at it makes it a funny story... Have you ever seen CS player crying "I don't know how to play this game sucks" ? Skills are acquired with time and knowledge dude, play more, focus on your game, be intelligent...

By the way, I just went on playing Halo online since yesterday and to be honest I don't really see why people are interested in it but that's another issue, and in less than 10 min I already had like 5 kills for 4 deaths. It's not that hard believe me!
I mean don't be so cautious and have kill confidence. Of course flanking, map control and communication are critical but so is confidence.
I watch pros on twitch and the one thing they all have is not shying away from gun battles and confrontation