Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I don't get it. Why wasn't the game delayed?

OP MaldyMaldy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
This game has no content. No assault. No infection. No big team. No forge. No koth. No splitscreen. Only death match, ctf, and this new warzone. Why wasn't the game delayed? They shot themselves in the foot by pushing it out so early. The hype would've only grew if they delayed it.

And a huge lack of maps. "Don't worry! They're making free maps!" Free maps? If they are free, why not put them out on launch? This game desperately needs them.
Halo always seems to release with a small content but they always add tons of stuff; it's only been a week basically. They already added some things.
I would count "Warzone assault" as assault. But I must agree that it does not feel as complete as Reach's assault mode.
MaldyMaldy wrote:
This game has no content. No assault. No infection. No big team. No forge. No koth. No splitscreen. Only death match, ctf, and this new warzone. Why wasn't good game delayed? They shot themselves in the foot by pushing it out so early. The hype would've only grew if they delayed it.
Stuff is getting added within months of release. So just wait til then to play.
These things were never intended to be available on release. They always said that BTB etc would be added over time. Splitscreen was never intended and will never be in H5. Quit whining, all the things you mention will be added an no extra cost in the near future (bar splitscreen obviously).

Personally I reckon if they should have held the game back for anything it sold have been more Blue Team missions in the Campaign!
They wanted to get everyone in warzone. If too many playlists were available, how many people would actually have spent a lot of their time there? I want more maps and playlists, but there was no reason to delay release, especially with free DLC and updates coming within a month or so of launch. Just use the time to learn the game mechanics before other playlists come out.

I am very much looking forward to some Griffball though.
Big team is coming in just a few days. Split screen was cut because of game engine and console power limitations and because only a very small percentage of players actually even still use split screen. Most people who complain about split screen probably haven't played a split screen game in years but they are just letting their nostalgia blind them. Forge is coming in december and supposed to be a heck of lot more powerful than previous forge iterations. Not sure when koth or infection are coming though.
Fraz117 wrote:
These things were never intended to be available on release. They always said that BTB etc would be added over time. Splitscreen was never intended and will never be in H5. Quit whining, all the things you mention will be added an no extra cost in the near future (bar splitscreen obviously).

Personally I reckon if they should have held the game back for anything it sold have been more Blue Team missions in the Campaign!
Quit whining? What I don't understand is WHY DON'T PEOPLE JUDGE GAMES ON LAUNCH DAY. Wait until they add content? Really?!
MaldyMaldy wrote:
This game has no content. No assault. No infection. No big team. No forge. No koth. No splitscreen. Only death match, ctf, and this new warzone. Why wasn't the game delayed? They shot themselves in the foot by pushing it out so early. The hype would've only grew if they delayed it.
That is false.
KingRawer wrote:
MaldyMaldy wrote:
That is false.
He is missing strongholds but that game is just territories..

Breakout is just a one life version of halo:Ce Invasion CTF with a fancy forge map. not a real gametype.
Game modes in Halo have always been dynamic. They're. Probably limiting the to ensure fast matchmaking and also to get people to give the new game modes a chance.
Game modes in Halo have always been dynamic. They're. Probably limiting the to ensure fast matchmaking and also to get people to give the new game modes a chance.
never on launch.... playlists did have updates but the lack of gametypes on launch is less than 1/5 the previous entries.

and those entries didnt rely on more than half the maps being forge created.
If they delayed it I feel it would of lost hype. With BtB and forge coming soon I feel this game is going to have so much more to offer. I dont feel like it was rushed released IMO. There's plenty of content right now.
Hypertion wrote:
never on launch.... playlists did have updates but the lack of gametypes on launch is less than 1/5 the previous entries.

That doesn't mean the game types are not finished. Also, I think only the warzone maps are forged. They're still made by professional level designers. Every game has some type of map making software, even for the devs. In Halo it's Forge.
How can any of you convince yourself it's ok to accept that they gave you barely anything mp wise unlike the last games. Unbelievable lol...sad people and even more of a sad generation to live in.
MaldyMaldy wrote:
IMO it was to funnel people into playing warzone, breakout, and strongholds. Assuming they wanted people to try their new game types and possibly populate/test the new ranking system. Releasing the popular social game types after they got enough people to try the new stuff.
MaldyMaldy wrote:
343 said they are adding more playlist. :/
Hypertion wrote:

That doesn't mean the game types are not finished. Also, I think only the warzone maps are forged. They're still made by professional level designers. Every game has some type of map making software, even for the devs. In Halo it's Forge.
if they are not finished then there is no reason not to have them included...

the warzone maps are not made with forge.

"Professional level designers" use professional tools, not gameplay options, they are paid for a reason.

i don't know what the level creation tool is called but i can 100% guarantee its not forge.
themanss22 wrote:
MaldyMaldy wrote:
343 said they are adding more playlist. :/
Last I heard this wasn't an early access game. It'd be one thing to launch with a level of content comparable to past Halo games and then added more content on top of it, its another to launch with less content and add gametypes/maps and features after the fact. Halo 5 has a lot of catching up to do just to reach the level of past Halo games, and even more to surpass it like we used to expect from sequels.
v Nuo v wrote:
Halo always seems to release with a small content but they always add tons of stuff; it's only been a week basically. They already added some things.
What? No they dont... they have never missed this much content. When i bought reach i could be invasion btb infection forge etc all at launch so when exactly did halo have no content?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15