Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I don't get it. Why wasn't the game delayed?

OP MaldyMaldy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
Microsoft probably demanded it be released before Christmas.
It is really sloppy to release a game that's missing a substantial amount of its content. They set the release date, they should honor it. When you state that your product will be missing substantial amounts of the content that the consumers expect, you can only assume that the rest of the game is going to be sloppy and feel like it's missing pieces. And all I can think of while playing the campaign is that there are chucks and entire missions missing that must of been cut.
Thrilluwu wrote:
Too much content = why invasion wasn't huge back in Reach.
I was looking just for this.
Everybody is saying how Halo 5 launched unfinished, but I acctually enjoy the new approach.

I remember how excited I was to play invasion when Reach Launch, I also remember how I almost never played it because the population on that playlist was almost nonexistant... The same happened to me with Flood on Halo 4.

Now I'm not going to lie, I was worried about BTB when I learned that it would come at a later date, but that made me gave Warzone a chance and I'm really glad I did. Also, btb is coming much sooner than what I expected.

I really like what 343 has done with Halo 5, because of the small quantity of playlists, I've played a lot of each one of them, and with Weekend playlists and new playlists coming over time, I'm way more excited to go back to Halo's multiplayer every day
They wanted to get everyone in warzone. If too many playlists were available, how many people would actually have spent a lot of their time there? I want more maps and playlists, but there was no reason to delay release, especially with free DLC and updates coming within a month or so of launch. Just use the time to learn the game mechanics before other playlists come out.

I am very much looking forward to some Griffball though.
I agree with this. I think some of the reason there are so few options at launch is they wanted people to become vested in their new req system and Warzone.

If the OP wanted the game to be delayed he could just pretend it got delayed and stop playing until they release more content.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15