Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I don't get it. Why wasn't the game delayed?

OP MaldyMaldy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15
Just cus
Please, Please, Please bring back splitscreen! I loved playing splitscreen with by younger brother and friends on reach . This is by far the most important flaw, thank you for listening
If they release it all at once, then you will get bored of it right away. I know its frustrating to be fed little pieces at a time like this but hey...at least theres no paid DLC.
I think it's great they will be reaped wing dlc every 2 weeks and more and new game types weekly this game will be a great game in time as it stands it could use work yes but the work is being done and they sacrificed co op for us to get a true 60 fps thank them I don't like it but it is nice to look at
big team battle is coming lol
Nope
Ich hoffe es kommen noch einige Maps für den Warzone Modus dazu! 3 Karten finde ich sehr gewagt und kann denke ich nicht eine lange Zeit tragen. Ebenso hoffe ich nicht, das weitere Maps als überteuerte DLCs nachgereicht werden!
Psyko Mojo wrote:
If they release it all at once, then you will get bored of it right away. I know its frustrating to be fed little pieces at a time like this but hey...at least theres no paid DLC.
I just wish to reiterate that I've never, ever heard anyone say this in regards to any game ever until 343 revealed the release schedule.
TheBrakum wrote:
TheBrakum wrote:
pajama dad wrote:
Big team is coming in just a few days. Split screen was cut because of game engine and console power limitations and because only a very small percentage of players actually even still use split screen. Most people who complain about split screen probably haven't played a split screen game in years but they are just letting their nostalgia blind them. Forge is coming in december and supposed to be a heck of lot more powerful than previous forge iterations. Not sure when koth or infection are coming though.
Nonsense.

The people complaining about split screen are the ones who want it. I just finished a 4 player borderlands game with my boys.

And you're partially right about why it was cut. It was more about the cost benefit. Xbox is a fine machine. Split screen was cut because of costs- time and thus money. They had a release date to hit and a bunch of microtransactions to design. No time for split screen that only a minority of players would use.
borderlands doesn't have 4player splitscreen.
It does actually.
my bad. you are talking about the very first one. ok, so does MCC. That's a more fair comparison. You cant compare the first borderlands to Halo 5. Why doesn't borderlands 2 have 4 player splitscreen? The console could barely handle 2, that's why.
Borderlands 2 and the Pre sequel also both have 4 player splitscreen.
McBananers wrote:
MaldyMaldy wrote:
This game has no content. No assault. No infection. No big team. No forge. No koth. No splitscreen. Only death match, ctf, and this new warzone. Why wasn't the game delayed? They shot themselves in the foot by pushing it out so early. The hype would've only grew if they delayed it.
IMO it was to funnel people into playing warzone, breakout, and strongholds. Assuming they wanted people to try their new game types and possibly populate/test the new ranking system. Releasing the popular social game types after they got enough people to try the new stuff.
I suspect you're right...
MaldyMaldy wrote:
This game has no content. No assault. No infection. No big team. No forge. No koth. No splitscreen. Only death match, ctf, and this new warzone. Why wasn't the game delayed? They shot themselves in the foot by pushing it out so early. The hype would've only grew if they delayed it.

And a huge lack of maps. "Don't worry! They're making free maps!" Free maps? If they are free, why not put them out on launch? This game desperately needs them.
I can see your point but, at the same time, there is plenty here already for those who own the game to continue to enjoy it. Yes, it would've been far better had they had everything with it from launch, but soon it will all be here! I'm fine with the waiting, although, in regards to split screen, I thought that was unpatchable? I may be wrong, but that's what I've read.
Hexor wrote:
Microsoft pushed the release date. They could've waited for 11/7 to make it epic and have more content, but it was pushed.
To be honest though, halo 5 was in development for 3 years. They had plenty of time to get it ready. Microsoft just needs to hire a new studio that can get a game released in time
unlike other games 343 had to create a new engine. This would have consumed about a year of their time.
They never had to do that. All they did was make tweaks to the existing engine which was engineered for Halo 4(which was heavily based off Bungie's engine) and then improved with H2A.
It'll come in the firm of DLC
Fortywatr wrote:
It'll come in the firm of DLC
Which should have been in the game when it launched. We are basically getting content that was included in all previous games, but as a DLC. Last time I checked DLC's should add new content and items.
Thinis wrote:
I would rather play a bare bone game early then wait. Just sayin. It is like a beta.
The beta was like a beta, a full priced game shouldn't be this bare. It's like going to KFC getting a bucket of Chicken and only finding bones.
You still get all the content plus dlc over a period of time. Don't act like this is all we are getting.
i just want doubles... :(
I believe they are releasing content over time.

This post has been hidden.

I think 343 knew about the problems and waited until they got paid to start fixing those problems
I think that they should have started with 1 or 2 more game modes
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15