Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I dont understand this game

OP GreatGintas

I cant get any kills, like none. I get killed in one second and i hit every single shot to the enemy player i still cant kill him. What am i doing wrong ? I go up against lvl 1 players and they at least get 5 kills and i do play alot of competitive games but it seems like they dont take any damage from me.
Are you playing on another account? Can't really offer much except to keep practicing and maybe use the AR more if you're having some bad aim with the precision weapons.
Once the shields break on the enemy, you see like electricity like animation around their body. That's when your weapon will do bonus damage to the head, and when your precision weapon (like the magnum, dmr, carbine, light rifle etc.) Will grant you the head shot kill.

So for example...in a 1v1 if you and your opponent land 4 shots to each other and you shoot your 5th shot and it lands on the body, that won't kill your opponent. Meanwhile if he shoots you in the head for his 5th shot, then that kills you.

Its slightly different for each weapon. The magnum, dmr, and unscoped light rifle are 4 shots to the body, 1 to the head. (Light rifle is stronger scoped in) you get the perfect kill medal for executing the 5 shot kill.

Br is 3 to the body, 1 to the head.

Sniper type weapons of course are 2 shot to the head.

Etc.

You should check out the youtuber Aozoli if you want an in depth look at kill times, how many body shots, what grants the perfect kill medal etc. He breaks down all the weapons in a very detailed way.

Aside from that...its a team based game. So being close to a team mate or supporting from a safe alternate angle would be good until you're confident in your 1v1. Its a tough game even if you've been playing for awhile. For me, I love the game but since I don't play often now it's made me suck pretty bad at it. I was not too bad before but now I struggle to do average lol.
Halo 5 is a pretty intense learning curve I’d say keep practicing play warzone you’ll get the hang fast. Ranked on the other hand ya it’s pretty hectic I consider myself a good player but some games I don’t get a chance to move before I’m pummeled by godlike players lol. Honestly practice makes perfect and just have fun
Play more SWAT. Always pre aim to where players SHOULD be when moving around corners. Strafe a lot and don't run too much. If you get better in SWAT you'll become better in other modes because the pistol, AR, and DMR translate really well in other modes if you're good with them.
Akinola51 wrote:
Play more SWAT. Always pre aim to where players SHOULD be when moving around corners. Strafe a lot and don't run too much. If you get better in SWAT you'll become better in other modes because the pistol, AR, and DMR translate really well in other modes if you're good with them.
This is exactly how I learned how to play.
I cant get any kills, like none. I get killed in one second and i hit every single shot to the enemy player i still cant kill him. What am i doing wrong ? I go up against lvl 1 players and they at least get 5 kills and i do play alot of competitive games but it seems like they dont take any damage from me.
On top of the SWAT suggestion I see here, if you're good at spamming the fire button, work with a Covenant Carbine variant as if you can teach yourself to be accurate consistently with that with the fast speed, pacing yourself with a slower fire rate midrange weapon should be easy. Also, practice more with the Magnum (Outside of the Halo CE magnum as that kind of makes it easy) when you can to teach yourself how to hit more accurately, and stay away from most Battle Rifle variants (Save the Halo 2 BR due to it's unusually high accuracy in this game), as they tend to have spread with the burst shots the farther you fire out.
Practice warzone firefight to get a good grasp of movement and general combat.
Try playing the campaign even though it's not the best
Of what your playing at is not comfortable, try switching the controls, I know people that play at platinum with sensitivity low, or very high. Try and make sure you don't get in the open too much, if healing up for you is the problem it's simple, you dont heal like normal fish's so I get it, just dont sprint to heal, sit behind cover and wait for that thing above your sheild to go al the way down.
Some times I don´t understand, in any playgame, I shoot to another spartan and always need more shoots. But when they shoot me, they kill me very fast.
What are the settings in the controller for better experience in 1v1?
Some times I don´t understand, in any playgame, I shoot to another spartan and always need more shoots. But when they shoot me, they kill me very fast.
Could be lag which I'm assuming you aren't in the U.S. and/or you're just missing shots since I noticed you don't have a high accuracy with your weapons.
Where are you located? I live in China and sometimes experience the same thing.
I had the same issue coming from CoD. Just take your time and move slowly, once you learn the map layout and dial in your headshot accuracy the rest will come together. Add me if you ever wanna team up!
-hyprlthlgamr