Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I ENJOYED HALO 5 LEGENDARY (where my peeps at)

OP GuyWhoSings3187

Okay so ima be straight up with yah
halo fan since halo 3 days
played all of them and finished all of them on legendary blah blah blah you get the picture

I’ve seen a heap of people hating legendary halo 5

but it’s been such a fun game for me
better then the first time I played it on Normal
Yeah I know “but the story suckkkks duuuude”
or “the ai is sooooo hard”

but flip me man it’s called legendary for a reason lol

I haven’t struggled this hard since halo 2 legendary
it’s been a blast to figure out ways to make it across the wide open spaces

anyway I thought I’d share some 343 love to this game
because I honestly do love this game and it’s gameplay
yeah the story ain’t the best
But still such a fun game
It's an interesting take. I can't say I found Legendary particularly tough on H5 either solo or Co-op. The only bits which provided any challenge were the Warden fights and those were more tedious than challenging. The Prometheans, as ever, were bullet-spongy but were still fine as long as you could keep them at range.
Okay so ima be straight up with yah
halo fan since halo 3 days
played all of them and finished all of them on legendary blah blah blah you get the picture

I’ve seen a heap of people hating legendary halo 5

but it’s been such a fun game for me
better then the first time I played it on Normal
Yeah I know “but the story suckkkks duuuude”
or “the ai is sooooo hard”

but flip me man it’s called legendary for a reason lol

I haven’t struggled this hard since halo 2 legendary
it’s been a blast to figure out ways to make it across the wide open spaces

anyway I thought I’d share some 343 love to this game
because I honestly do love this game and it’s gameplay
yeah the story ain’t the best
But still such a fun game
Not a huge fan but you are right from first to last. It took me 4~5 months to get the Legandary run complete solo and now im running again for co-op.
I loved this campaign so much I completed it on SOLO and COOP LASO. It truly is a great game.
Glad you enjoyed your time with it, OP.

For me, I thought it was not the hardest campaign if you played it as if you have no AI help. The gameplay was a lot of fun for me (I played it before the Overtime update) and the environments were stunning. Can't say I cared much for the story itself though. There was a lot lacking on that front.
Really feel the game gets painfully dull the longer it goes on. Did one campaign playthrough never even bothered heroic or legendary.
Usually we would split screen the campaign heroic first time then do legendary in the launch weekend.
But that tradition is dead now.
I enjoyed H5 in every aspect - campaign/ multiplayer / Firefight :)

The story wasn't the best, but only due to it shifting focus away from Chief, and not really being what was expected from the marketing (Chief going rogue etc...)

But a solid Halo game none the less!
Only thing I found hard in H5 legendary was hunters and warden other than that its not to bad.
Seriously? How is Halo 5 on Legendary even enjoyable? It's not. Not especially on solo. I was permanently traumatized by it!

The only way I will ever play Halo 5's campaign is on co-op. That's it. And only Fred gets to be my pick for Blue Team stuff.
Seriously? How is Halo 5 on Legendary even enjoyable? It's not. Not especially on solo. I was permanently traumatized by it!

The only way I will ever play Halo 5's campaign is on co-op. That's it. And only Fred gets to be my pick for Blue Team stuff.
I agree. How tf is Halo 5's god-awful story remotely enjoyable? It took me a few days to complete tha crappy story and I'm glad I'm never doing it again. Legendary was worse on 5, I'd rather play Halo 2 on legendary than serve that pile of junk again. Don't forget the terrible AI in the story, lol. I'm getting GoW1 flashbacks thanks to Dom being as stupid as he is for an in-game ally. If I'm ever doing that piece of work story as Osiris and Blue Team, I'm picking my waifus Vale and Linda. Truthfully, that game is best left forgotten, but SOMEHOW everyone loves 5, yet they hate on 4 due to it being too "CoD-like."
This thread is meant for those who enjoyed H5s campaign, not for those who dislike it.
This thread is meant for those who enjoyed H5s campaign, not for those who dislike it.
Its an open forum whoever wants to engage is free to in any manner they like within guidelines.

Not sure how anyone can enjoy it on legendary personally due to the god awful ai.
The friendly AI are just annoying imo.

But more power to any who can stomach it.
I have plenty of guilty pleasures.
Honestly, I thought that the gunplay in halo 5 was ON POINT. but sure the AI can act a little bonkers sometimes, overall I think halo 5 had a really good legendary mode.
I finished Halo 5 on legendary by myself. I found the Knights to be more challenging than in Halo 4. One thing that bugged me in 5 was the lack of checkpoints. The few checkpoints it gave you made the game harder than what it really is. After doing the same section in the mission like 4 times or more, it wears you down. Not mad though, because after finishing the game, my accuracy increased from 37% to 72% lol
Obviously this is an open forum for anyone to engage. However, there are plenty enough forums dedicated to those who dislike H5 campaign. It's nice to see and hear some positive perspectives. There's already too much negativity in the world.

The H5 AI teammates are the best out of all the AI teammates in all previous halos. While they def not perfect, just the simple ability of being able to direct your AIs where to go, what to target, what weapons to pick up is absolutely huge! If they suck, it's most likely operator error. Honestly, I didn't learn how to properly use the AI teammates until I played it on LASO. Now, it's a completely different experience.
TheOgKPort wrote:

I agree. How tf is Halo 5's god-awful story remotely enjoyable? It took me a few days to complete tha crappy story and I'm glad I'm never doing it again. Legendary was worse on 5, I'd rather play Halo 2 on legendary than serve that pile of junk again. Don't forget the terrible AI in the story, lol. I'm getting GoW1 flashbacks thanks to Dom being as stupid as he is for an in-game ally. If I'm ever doing that piece of work story as Osiris and Blue Team, I'm picking my waifus Vale and Linda. Truthfully, that game is best left forgotten, but SOMEHOW everyone loves 5, yet they hate on 4 due to it being too "CoD-like."
My main issue with Halo 5's campaign isn't even the story. I stopped caring for Halo's story long ago because all the Halo games are not that great storywise anyways (they always felt the same to me). I'm more worried about the fact that Legendary difficulty on Halo 5 is so terribly designed. I already got sick of seeing Fred controlled by the AI to the point where I now ONLY play the campaign on CO-OP and Fred is the only character I am willing to play as (Linda is really overrated, the sniper rifle in H5 is so useless on Heroic or higher, and Linda really is just not that great of a character anyway). I am NOT taking anyone else. In fact, I WILL restart the mission from the beginning just to be able to play as Fred if I have to!

And what do you get for completing Halo 5 on Legendary? A small little scene of a Halo ring while Cortana hums in the background. I now don't even see any real reason to play Halo 5 on Legendary anymore - it just doesn't reward you whatsoever. I don't recall having seen anything from 343 saying that completing H5 on Legendary would give you a special reward in Halo Infinite (which I am not going to buy anyways). At least beating Serious Sam on Serious difficulty (except in 2 and 4) allows you to play on Mental (and in Revolution, the dreaded I Am Ugh-Zan difficulty), but Halo 5 or 2 on Legendary? Please spare me the nightmares and trauma!

As far as achievements are concerned, Lone Wolf is really such a worthless achievement to get because as I said, no real reward for completing Halo 5 on Legendary Solo! Harbinger was a nightmare for me to get, and it was only through co-op (2 player co-op, that is!) that I actually got that achievement (and yes, I was playing as Fred partly because he has the best loadout out of everyone on Blue Team).
TheOgKPort wrote:

My main issue with Halo 5's campaign isn't even the story. I stopped caring for Halo's story long ago because all the Halo games are not that great storywise anyways (they always felt the same to me). I'm more worried about the fact that Legendary difficulty on Halo 5 is so terribly designed. I already got sick of seeing Fred controlled by the AI to the point where I now ONLY play the campaign on CO-OP and Fred is the only character I am willing to play as (Linda is really overrated, the sniper rifle in H5 is so useless on Heroic or higher, and Linda really is just not that great of a character anyway). I am NOT taking anyone else. In fact, I WILL restart the mission from the beginning just to be able to play as Fred if I have to!

And what do you get for completing Halo 5 on Legendary? A small little scene of a Halo ring while Cortana hums in the background. I now don't even see any real reason to play Halo 5 on Legendary anymore - it just doesn't reward you whatsoever. I don't recall having seen anything from 343 saying that completing H5 on Legendary would give you a special reward in Halo Infinite (which I am not going to buy anyways). At least beating Serious Sam on Serious difficulty (except in 2 and 4) allows you to play on Mental (and in Revolution, the dreaded I Am Ugh-Zan difficulty), but Halo 5 or 2 on Legendary? Please spare me the nightmares and trauma!

As far as achievements are concerned, Lone Wolf is really such a worthless achievement to get because as I said, no real reward for completing Halo 5 on Legendary Solo! Harbinger was a nightmare for me to get, and it was only through co-op (2 player co-op, that is!) that I actually got that achievement (and yes, I was playing as Fred partly because he has the best loadout out of everyone on Blue Team).
So you only play with Fred because of his initial loadout?
I enjoyed doing this on legendary solo it was a bit frustrating at times as the AI teamates were useless as ever but utterly then that it was just time consuming and learning from my mistakes