Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] I feel unbelievably ripped off. (REQ RANT)

OP UltimaNylocke

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
So, this is a rant.
Is this what you wanted?
yes, it is.
So you knew that REQ pack were random chance before you bought the overpriced MoR REQ pack. You knew that it would guarantee you unlocks that had a greater chance of being from the MoR REQ's but were still random. You're annoyed because you got a random draw as advertised.

Complaining that you preferred the previous system is one thing (I too would like some commendation or skill based unlocks) but complaining that the REQ worked as advertised and intended is simply daft.
I missed the chance on getting a MoR pack, so I picked a gold pack and I got Jorge's chaingun, not bad at all. If you have a lot of uncommon to unlock even rare and so on, It is difficult to not be Yoinked because It's random.
I wanted to buy a Memories of Reach REQ Pack because I wanted some Reach armor. I liked all the armor shown for MOR and I would've been happy with any of them. So I played more, used every boost I could, sold almost all of my Warzone stuff, and saved up REQ points until I finally got 120000 REQ points. Hard work. Wanna guess what I got? 2 Warzone Certifications and a Stance. I'm furious. All that hard work for nothing. I just barely like the stance, and as for the two certifications I barely play Warzone as it is and even when I do I doubt I'd be using the Brute Plasma Pistol and >Jorge's Chaingun in it.

I'm SR125 and I haven't unlocked all the req card. Instead of buying a single req pack at 120k RP, I bought 12 gold pack (+ 1 gold pack after selling the useless cards I got). I unlocked 26 permanent req card + some emblems. I will eventually get all the certification and the armor. Also, I get Emile's helmet in one pack. In my opinion, it is well spent RP
120000 points and no dice? This req system is rigged imo.
The REQ system is one of the biggest pieces of -Yoink- ever introduced into Halo. Why take a system that worked just fine and was fair, and turn it into a bunch of micro transactions and dumb luck?

Anyone who thinks this new system of customization unlocks is better than the previous systems, is just plain wrong.
OP had bad luck and is upset. Had he gotten a full Reach set there would be no complaint.
Yeah I feel kinda ripped off too all I got was 2 certifications and juns armor I was -Yoinking!- expecting full armor but no. I wasn't so lucky like my brother he got full armor of Jorge and he doesn't even equip it he prefers noble valor armor.
Well, you spent it on random chance. You should've known!
While I can agree it's yoink pretty much all armor and well pretty much everything is at a luck of a draw system you knew exactly that before using your points.... I can't believe people wasted that many points for three random reach unlocks... 120,000 points is 24 silver packs which is 48 unlocks or 12 gold packs which is 24 unlocks! People going for specifics are always disappointed in a random system.... the name of the game for the req system is just grind and use points wisely to unlock everything as fast as possible.... or buy packs with money to skip the grind..
They give back like 60k if you can't unlock anything.
Could have bought 12 gold packs and got better stuff OP
It's not rigged, it's random. That's how random works. Whoever bought the WZ MoR pack is completely ignorant to me IMO.
It's not rigged, it's random. That's how random works. Whoever bought the WZ MoR pack is completely ignorant to me IMO.
and from a moral stand point, is taking advantage of that ignorance right?
Caveat Emptor on those 343 limited time packs.
I truly feel sorry for you. I'm sorry my d00d
Therefore you win, 343. Good job. Is this what you wanted?
No...we want your money...now go ahead, child...spend some cash on those gold REQ pack bundles...
When u have still a ton left to unlock, it probably would have been a lot better to buy 12 Gold packs instead of that rip off pack. The unlock system we have is flawed I agree, but it is also entirely your fault for not using your brain.
The only reason I got the MoR pack was because I'm pretty high up on the req chain so I thought id give it a shot, I got Emile and cats armor, the vengeance stance and the auntie dot emblem, and im not gonna complain about that. I like what I got. Sorry OP that you got bad stuff, but you probably should have put that 120,000 req points into gold packs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9