Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I got 1mil exp in 1 sitting (152!)

OP Nalla78

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As a disclaimer I don’t recommend other people to grind this long without breaks.

I want to start off by saying, I never wanted or planned to get max rank in halo 5. I was happy with reaching level 150 because I knew I played the game a ton. My friends and spartan company manage to convince me that “one more game” mentality. Well a year later Yesterday i grinded my last 1million exp to 152. As soon as they heard I was getting fireteams of 10 consistently each with people helping me along, even if it was just a few short hours. I started at 8 am yesterday and ended 4am this morning.

Haha the stories we made during this time just to have fun and let the time pass by. At first we were winning every single game. Cheering at our over kills. I was consistently going 25kills to 5 deaths a game. I even stood up and shouted in excitement for winning in some situations where I should be died. Of course I’m going to have to shout out to the Stuff Crust company for winning every match against us 😉 but we still had fun. Later in the grind when everyone went to bed there was a match, and I kid you guys not, we went up a spartan company of 2-3 guys who spammed nothing but gungooses for the entire match. We couldn’t stop laughing so hard by the time the 30th and the 40th gungoose came out. You guys really made our grind enjoyable! Nearing the end of the grind and past midnight for me, the playlists were practically all empty so we switched to firefight. Now I’m not a big firefight player so this part of the grind was definitely the hardest for me. Around this time I was too brain dead and my arms were falling asleep for grinding 17 hours straight. I seriously don’t think I couldn’t have done it without the help of my spartan company members for helping me stay awake on the home stretch, you guys are amazing!

My stream went on for 1164 minutes and I got 1mil exp in that amount of time. I want to thank everyone who came to support me and as such I message you guys personally 🤗. Unfortunately I can’t tell who all entered my stream and that is why I’m writing this post and it’s to thank all of your support. There are many milestones people can achieve in their life and each with different values. To me reaching 152 has been the both the hardest and the most forfilling halo milestone I’ve ever obtained.

As for my final thoughts, I just hope that Halo Infinite rewards my 3 year grind, and others, in some manner that I can be proud of. Though even if it doesn’t I’ll always have these great memories to look back on and know that the halo community helped make it as great as it was.
I have been thinking of doing some long grinds like this. Maybe even do a mixer or twitch stream along with it.
Congrats! 152 is no joke and is something I am currently grinding for after hearing there will be something in H6. You earned it mate.
If I could, I would.
But I can't, so I wont. Guess its the long road for me.
But at the same time, Im 149 so
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I heard that in Halo 6 they plan on giving everyone who reached 152 a special item. I don't think I'll make it to 152 since I'm only 145. So I'm around 1/50th of the way to 152 lol.
Many congrats, Nalla :-) Here’s to hoping the reward in Infinite is a good one for those few dedicated to reaching 152 like yourself!
LethalQ wrote:
I have been thinking of doing some long grinds like this. Maybe even do a mixer or twitch stream along with it.
If you choose to stream it, hit me up with a message as I’ll definitely watch and cheer you on when you get there.

Congrats! 152 is no joke and is something I am currently grinding for after hearing there will be something in H6. You earned it mate.
thanks! I saw a sudden rise in people grinding halo 5 just like yourself to get 152. Best of luck it’s possible!
If I could, I would.
the tail end of 149 is roughly behind 50% of the way there. If halo infinite is in 2020 you’ll definitely get it.
I heard that in Halo 6 they plan on giving everyone who reached 152 a special item. I don't think I'll make it to 152 since I'm only 145. So I'm around 1/50th of the way to 152 lol.
i know right! I’m hoping it’s something that can stand out and not be as unrecognizable as the halo 5 152 emblem.
tuhin94 wrote:
Many congrats, Nalla :-) Here’s to hoping the reward in Infinite is a good one for those few dedicated to reaching 152 like yourself!
Thanks! i am absolutely getting halo infinite so I’ll be one of the first to tell you on the 152 reward haha
Nalla78 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
If you choose to stream it, hit me up with a message as I’ll definitely watch and cheer you on when you get there.

thanks! I saw a sudden rise in people grinding halo 5 just like yourself to get 152. Best of luck it’s possible!
If I could, I would.
the tail end of 149 is roughly behind 50% of the way there. If halo infinite is in 2020 you’ll definitely get it.
i know right! I’m hoping it’s something that can stand out and not be as unrecognizable as the halo 5 152 emblem.
tuhin94 wrote:
Thanks! i am absolutely getting halo infinite so I’ll be one of the first to tell you on the 152 reward haha
The real question is how is your health from that? Thats a loooooong day grind.
Nalla78 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Snip
The real question is how is your health from that? Thats a loooooong day grind.
Funny that you say that, the last hour my arms fell asleep but my thumbs would move so I stayed active in games. After a good nap and healthy meals I feel a lot better.
I’m only SR60, do you think I could make it? or should I just not worry about it?
67... I have a long way to go, hopefully they do lots of double XP days soon
Snacci wrote:
I’m only SR60, do you think I could make it? or should I just not worry about it?
I wouldn’t worry about it. You absolutely COULD make it but expect to put in 2000-3000 hours more for just halo 5.
Congrats Nalla78 hitting 152 is awesome. I've been sending messages to all the 152's I encounter in matchmaking congratulating them on the journey.
If I could, I would.
Yeah this is the boat I'm in. I've played so much and I still love the game but I don't know if I can and/or should justify the time to get there. I'm 148.20 lol
Nalla78 wrote:
Snacci wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about it. You absolutely COULD make it but expect to put in 2000-3000 hours more for just halo 5.
Halo Infinite is still easily over a year, heck maybe close to two years away, before launching. If you play H5 and mostly warzone, either regular or firefight, and you use the XP boost and jackpots it's attainable.
Hey GG bud.

Enjoy the reward
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wanna grind out to 152 but it would take me a while, I am playing Destiny 2 right now and I can't fit in anymore "grind-time"
Nalla78 wrote:
As a disclaimer I don’t recommend other people to grind this long without breaks.

I want to start off by saying, I never wanted or planned to get max rank in halo 5. I was happy with reaching level 150 because I knew I played the game a ton. My friends and spartan company manage to convince me that “one more game” mentality. Well a year later Yesterday i grinded my last 1million exp to 152. As soon as they heard I was getting fireteams of 10 consistently each with people helping me along, even if it was just a few short hours. I started at 8 am yesterday and ended 4am this morning.

Haha the stories we made during this time just to have fun and let the time pass by. At first we were winning every single game. Cheering at our over kills. I was consistently going 25kills to 5 deaths a game. I even stood up and shouted in excitement for winning in some situations where I should be died. Of course I’m going to have to shout out to the Stuff Crust company for winning every match against us 😉 but we still had fun. Later in the grind when everyone went to bed there was a match, and I kid you guys not, we went up a spartan company of 2-3 guys who spammed nothing but gungooses for the entire match. We couldn’t stop laughing so hard by the time the 30th and the 40th gungoose came out. You guys really made our grind enjoyable! Nearing the end of the grind and past midnight for me, the playlists were practically all empty so we switched to firefight. Now I’m not a big firefight player so this part of the grind was definitely the hardest for me. Around this time I was too brain dead and my arms were falling asleep for grinding 17 hours straight. I seriously don’t think I couldn’t have done it without the help of my spartan company members for helping me stay awake on the home stretch, you guys are amazing!

My stream went on for 1164 minutes and I got 1mil exp in that amount of time. I want to thank everyone who came to support me and as such I message you guys personally 🤗. Unfortunately I can’t tell who all entered my stream and that is why I’m fighting this post and it’s to thank all of your support. There are many milestones people can achieve in their life and each with different values. To me reaching 152 has been the both the hardest and the most forfilling halo milestone I’ve ever obtained.

As for my final thoughts, I just hope that Halo Infinite rewards my 3 year grind, and others, in some manner that I can be proud of. Though even if it doesn’t I’ll always have these great memories to look back on and know that the halo community helped make it as great as it was.
Well done now you are a Guardian
U originally wanted 152 rank but got happy when i hit 145. Im now going to grind up to 152 again over ththe next year!
Congrats Nalla78 hitting 152 is awesome. I've been sending messages to all the 152's I encounter in matchmaking congratulating them on the journey.
If I could, I would.
Yeah this is the boat I'm in. I've played so much and I still love the game but I don't know if I can and/or should justify the time to get there. I'm 148.20 lol
That internship in Hawaii isnt going to pay for itself after all
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2