Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I guess I don’t understand 4K

OP MEDICVS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Have a 4K tv with HDR. Have an Xbox One X with 4K resolution turned on in the settings. Yet this game has no visual improvements. In fact the resolution looks lower. Am I missing something?
You ARE missing something. I still don't have my X, but from watching online videos on my 4K enabled laptop the difference is night and day. Hell, you should be seeing a noticeable difference even if it's running at "just" 1080. Maybe check if your TV's output settings are messed up?
I’ve checked everything. I don’t understand. I’m not seeing anything high resolution?
I would think you should notice something different. I just got my 4k tv and the game looks better already and I'm not even using the xbox one x .. What brand of 4k did you get?
I got a Samsung 8 series. Has HDR. The game literally looks like it’s in 720p. I played earlier today on my original Xbox and the game looked great. Got the X and it’s far worse. There’s hardly any sharpness to anything, the textures look horrible. Almost like it’s blurry. Did the 4K update for the game not download or something? I’m just highly disappointed.
MEDICVS wrote:
Have a 4K tv with HDR. Have an Xbox One X with 4K resolution turned on in the settings. Yet this game has no visual improvements. In fact the resolution looks lower. Am I missing something?
What HDMI lead are you using ? The one that is packed with the X is a 4K HDMI. Many people use existing leads, some older leads may not be compatible.
I have it running on my x on my 1080 tv, massive difference
Keep in mind, you need to enable 4K on a samsung tv. I have the 7000 model. Standard the UHD color setting is turned of for each hdmi channel. No idea why they do that but you should check those settings :)
Make sure you're using the right hdmi port
Make sure you enable 4k assets on Xbox one X (doubt that matters)
Make sure you go into settings and audio and visual... And enable uhd output (wasn't on by default for me)
I am going to stores, in best buy right now, and this 4k gaming looks pretty amazing to me.
Here is a instruction thing to set up the 4K just in case you missed something.
Here is a instruction thing to set up the 4K just in case you missed something.
I’ve done all of that and the resolution is still not improved. I’m guess I’ll get on Xbox.com and chat with somebody to see if they can help. Seems I’m doing all the steps right but the resolution just isn’t coming through for whatever reason
My tv has all of the hdmi ports in a box that’s connected to the tv. Surely that’s not the problem
MEDICVS wrote:
My tv has all of the hdmi ports in a box that’s connected to the tv. Surely that’s not the problem
How about you start over. Bypass everything else. Just the XB1X with the HDMI cable it came with plugged directly into the 4K TV. Enable UHD in the settings and see if that works.

I bought a 28" 4K monitor and the difference was night and day over my 1080p monitor.
The OP may not be seeing a massive difference due to some TVs performing an element of upscaling from 1080p to simulate 4K. My 4K Sony Amp and 4K Sony TV handle 1080p Blu Ray fairly well and 4K Ultra Blu Ray, while certainly better, is not as dramatic an improvement as going from SD to HD was. Picking up my X1X later today and can trial a few before and afters.
I didn't notice much of a difference either. I have a LG oled c7. Halo looks the same to me. I also have Gears of War 4 and that game looks great. I think I'm missing some, but not sure what.
Make sure in your xbox settings you are outputting 4k. If you're not able to notice a difference from the old Xbox one, something is wrong with your setup or your eyes. The difference is night and day.
I figured it out. Some of the settings on my TV needed to be changed. I had to change a few things on the Xbox as well.
Don’t worry man I said the same thing I have the X and this game isn’t somethin pops out as much as every other enhanced game I have all of them and can tell immediately with hdr on or not in certain ones but this game is overhyped it’s a lil more refined like surfaces and things look a little better is all online you can really tell more than story but it’s not huge like others enhancements trust me
4k is not important. 120 hertz matter more for fast response of frames on your screen. 4k hurts that, it's just another ploy to make you spend money. (woke)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2