Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I Hate Constant EMPing

OP Dark Master7779

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Don't you just hate being constantly EMPed by a Plasma Pistol in Warzone and BTB? Its just so damn annoying. I understand knocking out a vehicle's systems like a Wraith, Banshee or Scorpion so you can destroy it, but having it be hit by a Plasma Pistol constantly is just so freaking irritating. And what makes it even more unbearable is when an enemy keeps Plasma Pistoling you and he doesn't even try to board you. He just keeps doing it just to troll you. This happened to me yesterday when I brought out an AA Wraith. The dude kept hitting me with a Plasma Pistol and he didn't even try to board me. The coward just stood on top of a giant rock and kept EMPing me.
do you have a solution?
Its how the game goes.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?
There is no solution to such bullshittery. Unless your teammates are watching your back. Unfortunately, 343 decided to cut down Warzone and WZ Assault fireteams to 6 just because randoms can't get good or play with teams.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?
There is no solution to such bullshittery. Unless your teammates are watching your back. Unfortunately, 343 decided to cut down Warzone and WZ Assault fireteams to 6 just because randoms can't get good or play with teams.
You had to go that far? And it is just a test they are doing, it's not permanent.
Sounds like a completely legitimate method of keeping a particular vehicle out of commission. As to why they refuse to board? Who knows; destroying the vehicle would undoubtedly be the more permanent action, especially since plasma pistols eventually run out. Maybe it was for trolling purposes. But it's not breaking any rules.

If you hate it that much, get out of the vehicle, shoot the EMP-er, and get back in.
Chimera30 wrote:
Sounds like a completely legitimate method of keeping a particular vehicle out of commission. As to why they refuse to board? Who knows; destroying the vehicle would undoubtedly be the more permanent action, especially since plasma pistols eventually run out. Maybe it was for trolling purposes. But it's not breaking any rules.

If you hate it that much, get out of the vehicle, shoot the EMP-er, and get back in.
I know its a complete legit method to keep a good vehicle out of commission but come on. At least put me out of my misery by blowing me up. Don't just keep Plasma Pistoling me. I didn't get out to kill him mainly because he was on a giant rock. He had a major advantage. I most likely would've died. I'm just a bit mad my teammates didn't even bother to help me out until later on. Props to the guy who helped me.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?
You had to go that far? And it is just a test they are doing, it's not permanent.
Yeah sorry. That game just really ticked me off. Also lets not kid ourselves. 343 said the 6 man WZ Assault thing was just a test as well and this was back in June or July.
While annoying it's actually a legit tactic as some people will get out of their vehicles then you can steal it instead of destroying it.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?
It isn't bullshittery. It's the enemy trying to get you to exit the vehicle so he can kill you and steal it. Completely legitimate.

And explain in short sentences and small words how a 6 man fire team limit could have anything to do with this. You need eleven known quantities instead of just five to ensure that this doesn't happen to you again?
gotta love that stun lock....
Don't you just hate being constantly EMPed by a Plasma Pistol in Warzone and BTB? Its just so damn annoying. I understand knocking out a vehicle's systems like a Wraith, Banshee or Scorpion so you can destroy it, but having it be hit by a Plasma Pistol constantly is just so freaking irritating. And what makes it even more unbearable is when an enemy keeps Plasma Pistoling you and he doesn't even try to board you. He just keeps doing it just to troll you. This happened to me yesterday when I brought out an AA Wraith. The dude kept hitting me with a Plasma Pistol and he didn't even try to board me. The coward just stood on top of a giant rock and kept EMPing me.
It's annoying as hell when I bring out a shiny new vehicle, just to get EMP'd by the enemy. Even more annoying when they take my vehicle afterwards, and then even more annoying when they kill me with it when I respawn.

But then, that's the game.
It's annoying as hell when I bring out a shiny new vehicle, just to get EMP'd by the enemy. Even more annoying when they take my vehicle afterwards, and then even more annoying when they kill me with it when I respawn.

But then, that's the game.
Yeah. It sucks but thats the game. I just hate it when I'm just being bombarded by Plasma Pistol EMP shots constantly.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?
It isn't bullshittery. It's the enemy trying to get you to exit the vehicle so he can kill you and steal it. Completely legitimate.

And explain is short sentences and small words how a 6 man fire team limit could have anything to do with this. You need eleven known quantities instead of just five to ensure that this doesn't happen to you again?
I know its legitimate. I'm just saying it sucks. Especially when the enemy is just doing it to troll and not even attempting to board and or jack me.

As for the fireteam thing, it would help a lot given how with a full team, I can communicate with everyone.
In a middle of any playlist, you can get EMPed thousands of times when you play more matches. On December 20, 2016, I died a total of 423 deaths from my Warzone service record.

I know that I played almost all first person shooter Halo games. In Halo 5, players should act like Halo players to do action and play properly.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?
They cut it down to six, true. But you can still have SIX people flanking you at all times. I mean, come on man. It already takes very little skill to have even a single person watching your back in a 2-1 fight, but you still have 6.

You don't need 12 people flanking you to win a fight. I would hope, at least, considering you just said randoms can't get good.

Might come off as a butt munch here, but that is far from my goal. I'm actually trying to be helpful. 2-6 people can definitely take one with a Plasma Pistol. You're venting, I get that. I know the WZ rage. Bringing in a good and hard to get REQ only to lost it instantly is frustrating. Happens to me almost every time I spawn something in that doesn't fly. Even sometimes when it does fly.

Solution isnt to have a company farm the enemy for 40 minutes straight, it's to shack up with at least one good person to get your back. Yes, I know what I said before. Little skill in multi-teaming a single enemy, but the exception can be made for easy to jack vehicles
I understand you were frustrated when you posted OP but to be honest I've done this before and my reasoning at the time was, I was hoping once the vehicle was disabled, a teammate better than me at CQC would jump in and jack it... and a few times it's worked.
XLR8 wrote:
do you have a solution?

And explain is short sentences and small words how a 6 man fire team limit could have anything to do with this. You need eleven known quantities instead of just five to ensure that this doesn't happen to you again?
I know its legitimate. I'm just saying it sucks. Especially when the enemy is just doing it to troll and not even attempting to board and or jack me.

As for the fireteam thing, it would help a lot given how with a full team, I can communicate with everyone.
It's only trolling if he's doing it to screw with your head. If he's trying to get you out of the vehicle so he can kill you then it's strictly tactical.

You can communicate with everyone on your team (one way) as long as they're not in private chat. If they don't have a mic then they can still hear anything you have to say. Such as, for example, a call for help with the guy trying to fry you vehicle. I don't know why people always forget that. Not saying that you did, but a lot of people do. Just talk away. You'll be surprised how much people are listening.
"I've been emped!"
"You mean EMPed?"
"Yeah, that spells 'emp.'"

Putting Red vs. Blue aside, Halo 5 players do a lot of things that tick me off. I won't bother listing anything, but in all of the occurrences, there's a common conclusion: I just keep playing the best I can. In the end, I can't control what other players do, but if I can still shoot at them for it, then I'll do it.
Yeah, getting barraged with Plasma Pistol charges is really a pain in the -Yoink-, especially if you're in an air vehicle and they're using the Void's Tear. Nevertheless, that's what the Wheelman mod in Warzone is for. I can't tell you how many vehicles that thing has saved me in.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3