Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I have a brilliant way to settle this argument.

OP Sir TurdNuggets

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Obviously we have 2 sides on H5, the people who respect that games add and throw away stuff over time, and the people who want Halo to stay like it had been pre-343. Well, unfortunately, it's too late to completely alter Halo 5, so the later must deal with that. Either 343 adds a Selection of Classic style playlists to Halo 5 without everything new, or we start talking about Halo 6. First off, Campaign, now I have to agree with the offense, making Locke the centerpiece of Halo 5 was a bad idea, at least if it was like Arby and Chief in H2, where they had near equal missions, not 3 chief missions, it wouldn't been alright (I mean come on, even a Blue Team on Meridian mission would've helped). So with Locke already in main Halo cannon, lets make Halo 6 work like Halo 3 with a few minor differences, when in single player you play chief, when in Co-op you are automatically Locke, but may choose between somebody else in the mission (Blue Team, Osiris, Arbiter), and lets drop the whole "Chiefs story coming to an end", that's not an option. Master Chief is Halo, you can't take him out, it's one thing to kill off people like Cortana, Johnson, Mickey, but not Chief, that would be like Peter Griffin or SpongeBob being killed off their TV shows. Also, don't give us a misleading marketing, now. H5 didn't necessarily mess that up (looking at H2 and H3), lets take a note from the "Remember Reach" and "An Ancient Evil Awakens" campaigns, they actually led to the story. Now Multiplayer, now I know some may disagree but, No Dedicated Servers !!! Not everybody has internet, and Xbox Live is know for going down every ten minutes, plus bring back Split Screen, I understand its 1080p 60fps, but we still had it in MCC which was the same. Lets make two main modes, Evolved, and Classic. Evolved gas all the defenders want, Spartan Ability's, REQs, etc. Classic has absolutely no ability's but maybe Equipment. Classic is like H1-HR. Now Customization needs to be more abroad like Halo Reaches, and give us Elites, for goodness sakes, you don't have to give us a ton just give us about as much as H3 and HR combined. Bring back more diversity to Weapons and Vehicles, like Reach, 3, and even 2. Reach had 10 vehicles, 6 UNSC, 4 Covenant. Bring back all the old vehicles from H2 on, weapons too. Forge was done amazingly well in H5, just one thing, include it at day one...Bring back PvE, yes you can keep Warzone for Evolved playlists, but give us Firefight or Spartan Ops or something. Warzone barely had PvE. And lastly, bring back Halo Reach/3 PGCR and Service Record. Give us what we are asking for 343, not what you selfishly want, now for people who agree, go twitter frankie with #ReadSirTurdNuggetsIdea and put a link. Thanks.
There is no argument. There are Halo staples missing from a numbered Halo title, coming up on 3 months after launch. That is an inexcusable no-no.
You are misinformed as to the nature of this Great Schism, OP.

At this point, the majority of the community has accepted the new direction 343 is taking Halo.

The Schism is a result of lack of content and the fact that 343 is committing all of their resources to adding MOAR REQs, while the game still remains unfinished.
OP, come back when you actually know what's going on.
No Dedicated Servers !!! Not everybody has internet, and Xbox Live is know for going down every ten minutes, plus bring back Split Screen, I understand its 1080p 60fps, but we still had it in MCC which was the same.
Wat.

It's 2016. If you don't have internet in this day and age then I don't know what to tell you man. If you're not 21 or older there's not much excuse there unless you live in the boonies or sticks, than that's your geographical location fault.
No Dedicated Servers !!! Not everybody has internet, and Xbox Live is know for going down every ten minutes, plus bring back Split Screen, I understand its 1080p 60fps, but we still had it in MCC which was the same.
Wat.

It's 2016. If you don't have internet in this day and age then I don't know what to tell you man. If you're not 21 or older there's not much excuse there unless you live in the boonies or sticks, than that's your geographical location fault.
P2P gave me a better halo experience than the dedicated servers. To you people in the U.S, it's fantastic. But to those of us in Australia or the U.K for example, we have to connect to the U.S servers, which means high ping, and latency (lag in short). Every match I have is high ping and I high latency. I would prefer P2P as I did not have this issue to such an extent. OR regional servers, but that would reduce the profit 343 makes, so they won't do it. And plus, they clearly can't even maintain one region servers, so if they had international servers they would be down every week.
Satan343is wrote:
There is no argument. There are Halo staples missing from a numbered Halo title, coming up on 3 months after launch. That is an inexcusable no-no.
bullet proof statement right here
"Obviously we have 2 sides on H5, the people who respect that games add and throw away stuff over time, and the people who want Halo to stay like it had been pre-343."

That is a gross simplification and biased description of the two groups. The opposing group has accepted many changes in Halo over the years, and have even suggested many of their own changes. They just don't agree with the particular changes 343i have made.

Wat.

P2P gave me a better halo experience than the dedicated servers. To you people in the U.S, it's fantastic. But to those of us in Australia or the U.K for example, we have to connect to the U.S servers, which means high ping, and latency (lag in short). Every match I have is high ping and I high latency. I would prefer P2P as I did not have this issue to such an extent. OR regional servers, but that would reduce the profit 343 makes, so they won't do it. And plus, they clearly can't even maintain one region servers, so if they had international servers they would be down every week.
Yeah I didn't think it was possible for Dedis to suck more that P2P, but Halo 5 and 343i especially are showing me more and more how not to do games. In P2P matches I only ever had to worry about that one host guy who could have been on my team, or just generally sucked at the game. With US Dedis I'm constantly put against an entire team with an advantage over me from the start. The chances of having all 4 guys in 4v4 suck, 8 guys in BTB and 12 guys in Warzone, is a probability nightmare. Meaning in every game I have to contend with not just one player with host advantage, but several.

My issue with online only gaming didn't start there. The removal of split screen and LAN have destroyed many sub communities of Halo, and that again has cost Halo more fans.

Between the gameplay changes, the lack of launch content, post launch support and changes to the single player online experience Halo 5 has actually lost the majority of Halo fans. I'd hardly call the ones left playing "the majority who accept and enjoy 343i's direction" so much as I'd call them the few who haven't had the way they enjoyed Halo destroyed.

(a rant this may be, but I want people to realise that the changes aren't always good, and the people upset about it aren't stuck in the past, they've genuinely had the experience ruined and are no longer customers and fans because of it)
I couldn't help but laugh at the op. Before you come in all guns blazing on how to solve this, maybe you should first learn what is actually going on. Poor guy probably even walked away from his pc feeling proud from this topic.
Wat.

I don't know if you've seen, but some people plain out can't afford Broadband Internet, so just trying to build a map for your own entertainment is laggy. Plus, hackers are always hacking down servers, so when I'm in the middle of a remake, I get kicked off. It doesn't matter about geographical location, dedicated servers were stupid to begin with, I remember Halo 2-4 worked just fine. Also to all these people saying I don't know, I've been in Halo since I was a toddler, I'm always fascinated with it, and I'm sorry, but I still think what I said is a good idea, but because I said one thing about 343, you attack me like I'm a CoD player, and I hate CoD. I just think that my idea would work just fine, if you don't like it, make your own plan.
XACSlayerX wrote:
Satan343is wrote:
Not necessarily. 343 is taking a different direction with Halo 5 and doesn't need to incorporate some of the game modes mentioned. What they consider Halo staples and what you consider Halo staples are two very different things. Halo 5 may not have all of the things that other Halo's had, but that's because it is a different game with a different focus. Holding Halo 5 up to those kind of narrow standards is a disservice to the game and doesn't make it a bad game.
XACSlayerX wrote:
Satan343is wrote:
Not necessarily. 343 is taking a different direction with Halo 5 and doesn't need to incorporate some of the game modes mentioned. What they consider Halo staples and what you consider Halo staples are two very different things. Halo 5 may not have all of the things that other Halo's had, but that's because it is a different game with a different focus. Holding Halo 5 up to those kind of narrow standards is a disservice to the game and doesn't make it a bad game.
Yeah but is the game not being sold to Halo fans, who not only expect this missing content but are also fans and consumers of the Halo BECAUSE of this content.

So 343i are either trying to sell fans a major AAA instalment of their favourite franchise with franchise defining, enjoyment making content missing.

Or they aren't trying to sell the game to fans at all, and it's actually aimed at those who care very little for the removed content.

To take on a franchise and focus it in a direction that is apparently opposed to the direction of the fans. To take on a franchise with apparently little respect or personal attachment to the content that made the games fun. To take it on with the sole intent to change it from what the fans have enjoyed for so many years. To take it and change it from what made it popular in the first place, without that change being able to maintain that popularity. That's a disservice to the fans and the franchise.
lemon cup wrote:
You are misinformed as to the nature of this Great Schism, OP.

At this point, the majority of the community has accepted the new direction 343 is taking Halo.

The Schism is a result of lack of content and the fact that 343 is committing all of their resources to adding MOAR REQs, while the game still remains unfinished.
XACSlayerX wrote:
Satan343is wrote:
Um what? Well first off your dumb, secondly yes they are and finally this game has had so many issues, too many controversies, dwindling population/popularity and argueably the most restrictive Halo game of all.

You saying these things makes no sense knowing that Halo was brought up as a competitive and social experience not the damn two experiments they released thus far. Too much social before, now too much competitive this game is a disservice to the community.
Richnj wrote:
XACSlayerX wrote:
Satan343is wrote:
Yeah but is the game not being sold to Halo fans, who not only expect this missing content but are also fans and consumers of the Halo BECAUSE of this content.

So 343i are either trying to sell fans a major AAA instalment of their favourite franchise with franchise defining, enjoyment making content missing.

Or they aren't trying to sell the game to fans at all, and it's actually aimed at those who care very little for the removed content.

To take on a franchise and focus it in a direction that is apparently opposed to the direction of the fans. To take on a franchise with apparently little respect or personal attachment to the content that made the games fun. To take it on with the sole intent to change it from what the fans have enjoyed for so many years. To take it and change it from what made it popular in the first place, without that change being able to maintain that popularity. That's a disservice to the fans and the franchise.
Wat.

I don't know if you've seen, but some people plain out can't afford Broadband Internet, so just trying to build a map for your own entertainment is laggy. Plus, hackers are always hacking down servers, so when I'm in the middle of a remake, I get kicked off. It doesn't matter about geographical location, dedicated servers were stupid to begin with, I remember Halo 2-4 worked just fine. Also to all these people saying I don't know, I've been in Halo since I was a toddler, I'm always fascinated with it, and I'm sorry, but I still think what I said is a good idea, but because I said one thing about 343, you attack me like I'm a CoD player, and I hate CoD. I just think that my idea would work just fine, if you don't like it, make your own plan.
Dedicated servers have been highly requested matter of fact. They just need implemented better. It's been so long since I played h2 and 3 that I can't remember how often I lagged due to someone else hosting but I for sure remember h4 and it sucked big time.
There is no argument to settle. Some people will just complain for the sake of complaining, no matter what 343 does.
If you take away dedicated servers and bring back P2P, you'll be bringing back standbying, bridging, and hostbooting, so ask yourself if it's worth it.
Richnj wrote:
XACSlayerX wrote:
Satan343is wrote:

The entire point of revamping the mechanics of the game and the focus of the game was to make Halo 5 more appealing to new players while also satisfying the pre-existing players. You can't just satisfy one side. Saying that changing the game is a disservice and fans is generalizing. There are many players, myself included, that like the new changes and the focus on more of an e-sport feel with modes centered around killing. Fans come in many forms whose views and principles change over time. The same goes for the games that they support.
v Stoney v wrote:
If you take away dedicated servers and bring back P2P, you'll be bringing back standbying, bridging, and hostbooting, so ask yourself if it's worth it.
No that's using 343i logic instead of replacing give both options or even a third option like DICE gave with getting your own server. Only look to improve not reduce.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2