2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 20
I honestly cant believe that anyone is dishing out any money just to make their character look a certain way. I mean, if the various armors, helmets, visor colors, etc... actually DID something or at the very least made your HUD look a bit different, then sure I could see the point. But its not like people stand around your dead body going, "oh damn thats a nice get-up that dude's sportin!"

As for all the XP boosts and stuff that you also get, again, whats the point? Whether my rank is a 10 or a 100, it doesnt change anything about how I play.

343i fell short on these REQ packs because they dont actually enhance your play-ability (yes I know you can get guns and vehicles for warzone, but with how fast everyone dies in warzone you hardly live long enough to use them). I also liked the Halo of old where you actually had to work a specific task to get a certain armor you wanted. This takes the fun out of it and just relys on who drinks the least (apparently).
Jeez, too much money spent and gametime played unless you are a Youtuber...
You caught me... I'm secretly Tyler Oakley! Like, subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/tyleroakley

Just kidding....
I do accounting
Krowfyre wrote:
I have unlocked every req via req packs plus a few from ranks/commendations. The remaining items are emblems unlocked with ranks/commendations or special events. The only armour set you can't get is athlon champion but there is also a bug that keeps helioskrill, the 2 mark vi armours and the nightfall armour from registering. The only skins you can't get are the 2 HCS contender ones. My emblem total is currently 94/218.

How did I do it?

First I spend about $250 on gold packs, then I played about 27 hours worth of the game (more warzone than slayer or campaign) with the best RP boosts on (some warzone games I'd get around 7 - 8 thousand req points with legendary RP boosts on). Then I bought gold packs till I ran out of permanent unlocks then went to silver and did the same. I know ppl say to do silver first but if I did that I wouldn't have had all the things like ultra ghosts, legendary RP boosts etc to use in games to rack up huge req points.

I realize ppl think spending money is a waste but I don't drink or smoke or have any other vices. And $250 is what most ppl my age spend on about 4 - 6 nights of drinks alone downtown. Plus it supports the game so thats a bonus. Personally I'd rather enjoy digital armour I'll use for years than booze that only lasts one night. Plus trying all weapons/vehicles was awesome. But to each their own.

Feel free to ask me anything!

Screenshots/proof:
http://imgur.com/a/fbWzV

edit: something to note here, I sold every req till I had no more than 5 of each thing in order to buy more packs.
4-6 nights of drinking? Where the -Yoink- are you buying your drinks at???? I would be lucky to get 3 nights out on the town for 250....
J Teeps wrote:
Krowfyre wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
So, if I want to get the basic uncommon weapons like the CC and DMR, should I be buying bronze or silver instead of gold? So far, I've only purchased gold with the REQ I have earned. But I'm still stuck with the BR only.

I'm assuming there are other starting, REQ level 3 weapons?

What other weapons are there and what pack is best to get them?

Thank you
Silver or gold, never bronze. I usually switch to a recon or longshot AR after we kill the AIs in the base and req in the level 2 boltshot sometimes as well. Otherwise BR ASAP and upgrade to higher level BRs as the game goes on or a DMR. I'd go for gold since you get more options and can get better DMRs/BRs etc. The railgun and upgraded ghosts are the best bang for your buck early on I've found.
Sorry, I don't think I asked right.

Short term, I literally don't have the DRM, CC, LR, etc unlocked at all. As in zero of them, including the base model.

I like the CC, LR and DMR better than the BR in general (not saying they are better, just personal preference, like the variety). What is the fastest way to unlock the base model of each? And like the BR, are they level 3 required?
Silver for all 3 to get rare versions. DMR is 5 to 7 I think
Buffer0242 wrote:
Wonder how it feels to get all of it
Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7rRfKIHxU
VIPER17988 wrote:
I honestly cant believe that anyone is dishing out any money just to make their character look a certain way. I mean, if the various armors, helmets, visor colors, etc... actually DID something or at the very least made your HUD look a bit different, then sure I could see the point. But its not like people stand around your dead body going, "oh damn thats a nice get-up that dude's sportin!"

As for all the XP boosts and stuff that you also get, again, whats the point? Whether my rank is a 10 or a 100, it doesnt change anything about how I play.

343i fell short on these REQ packs because they dont actually enhance your play-ability (yes I know you can get guns and vehicles for warzone, but with how fast everyone dies in warzone you hardly live long enough to use them). I also liked the Halo of old where you actually had to work a specific task to get a certain armor you wanted. This takes the fun out of it and just relys on who drinks the least (apparently).
Spartans never die.

And actually I get messages after games quite a bit about my armour lol. The vehicles and weapons are great, I live long enough to use them though...
Postums wrote:
Krowfyre wrote:
I have unlocked every req via req packs plus a few from ranks/commendations. The remaining items are emblems unlocked with ranks/commendations or special events. The only armour set you can't get is athlon champion but there is also a bug that keeps helioskrill, the 2 mark vi armours and the nightfall armour from registering. The only skins you can't get are the 2 HCS contender ones. My emblem total is currently 94/218.

How did I do it?

First I spend about $250 on gold packs, then I played about 27 hours worth of the game (more warzone than slayer or campaign) with the best RP boosts on (some warzone games I'd get around 7 - 8 thousand req points with legendary RP boosts on). Then I bought gold packs till I ran out of permanent unlocks then went to silver and did the same. I know ppl say to do silver first but if I did that I wouldn't have had all the things like ultra ghosts, legendary RP boosts etc to use in games to rack up huge req points.

I realize ppl think spending money is a waste but I don't drink or smoke or have any other vices. And $250 is what most ppl my age spend on about 4 - 6 nights of drinks alone downtown. Plus it supports the game so thats a bonus. Personally I'd rather enjoy digital armour I'll use for years than booze that only lasts one night. Plus trying all weapons/vehicles was awesome. But to each their own.

Screenshots/proof:

edit: something to note here, I sold every req till I had no more than 5 of each thing in order to buy more packs.
4-6 nights of drinking? Where the -Yoink- are you buying your drinks at???? I would be lucky to get 3 nights out on the town for 250....
Canada?
Well done man, make sure to use those mythic pieces
That's pretty legit- not for me, but I probably would if I had the cash. Glad someone is keeping track of the unlocks tbh
wow
Regardless of how you did this it's impressive and a great help to the community to figure out what can/can't be obtained and how to do it. Hats off to you!
Are reqs the only way to unlock helmets and armor?
Are you a one man army?! ive used the legendary boost for warzone won the same match and only received 3500!
Krowfyre wrote:
Postums wrote:
Krowfyre wrote:

How did I do it?

Screenshots/proof:

Canada?
Probably Sweden.. Our alcohol taxes is of the chart.
Krowfyre wrote:
Jeez, too much money spent and gametime played unless you are a Youtuber...
You caught me... I'm secretly Tyler Oakley! Like, subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/tyleroakley

Just kidding....
I do accounting
Hahahaha
Hey, if that's yer thing, cool. You now kinda run into a wall of not gaining anything but rank though. Kinda takes some fun out IMO.
That's all you ever gain anyway. You eventually are going to have to put your money (REQ or real) into the slot machine and bust open packs and randomly be "awarded" your stuff. There's no incentive to it.

Now, to the OP. If you want to vicariously enjoy the process all over again, I'll gladly allow you to spend another $250. ; ) ;) ;)
S 1 8 0 N wrote:
Are reqs the only way to unlock helmets and armor?
Besides preorder bonus, MCC unlocks, halo channel unlocks, or winning a tournament (athlon champion) then yes.
Hey, if that's yer thing, cool. You now kinda run into a wall of not gaining anything but rank though. Kinda takes some fun out IMO.
That's all you ever gain anyway. You eventually are going to have to put your money (REQ or real) into the slot machine and bust open packs and randomly be "awarded" your stuff. There's no incentive to it.

Now, to the OP. If you want to vicariously enjoy the process all over again, I'll gladly allow you to spend another $250. ; ) ;) ;)
Of your money? Sure thing ;)
MOLE 1103 wrote:
Regardless of how you did this it's impressive and a great help to the community to figure out what can/can't be obtained and how to do it. Hats off to you!
Thank you, seriously, thats why I made this thread and continue to spend time answering. I wanted to know myself what you could actually unlock from the list!
Krowfyre wrote:
Buffer0242 wrote:
Wonder how it feels to get all of it
Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7rRfKIHxU
Like a sloth crossing the street lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6