Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I just had the worst Gold REQ Pack of my life...

OP Aurik Kal Durin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Since it's been a while since I've played Halo 5 and I haven't gotten any of the new REQs from the last few updates, I thought I'd drop $30 bucks on the 10x Gold Pack REQ Bundle with the 3x Bonus Gold Packs to get back in the game. I'd hoped I'd maybe get certification for the SPNKr, the Gravity Hammer, maybe finally get the Mantis, or even the Halo 2 Battle Rifle.

No such luck. Guess what I got?

Emblems.

That's right. Every single REQ pack I opened contained at least one emblem, and I got two emblems in one pack for at least half of them. Most of them were Uncommon; I got maybe four or five Number emblems and some weird ones that weren't so much emblems as they were groupings of squiggly lines. I swear, I wanted to tear my hair out when I saw those.

Only somewhat good thing I got was Gauss Warthog Certification, which isn't much good to me in Warzone since I can never find a teammate capable of either driving or shooting. I also got a bunch of Uncommon Assassinations, a Venture helmet skin and a Stalker armor skin, neither of which I'll ever use, and a bunch of other random junk.

I am never spending real money on REQ packs ever again. This was the worst drop I've ever had.
you should've spend your 30 bucks on silver packs so that your gold packs would've been better.
LOLOLOLOL

You're not meant to start with Gold until you get a lot of silvers. You were just unlucky, and unprepared
you should've spend your 30 bucks on silver packs so that your gold packs would've been better.
Very true. You have to buy the hell out of silver packs to whittle down the number of emblems and armor pieces you get from gold packs until all that is left is the premium stuff.
Sorry mate but unless you don't mind potentially losing money on RNGesus I wouldn't take the gamble. Also if you are getting Uncommons from a Gold pack then you shouldn't be opening gold packs yet. Go bronze till they give you REQ points back, then Silver till they give you REQ points back... then Gold. Only way to do it man ;)
yep. if you use silver packs it's a cheaper way of getting rid of all the crap that you don't want to get from gold packs.
HAHAHAHA you should have finished your silver packs first mate. Well deserved IMO, you can't just rush gold packs with the $$$ thinking you would get the good stuff.
None of the permanents you got from the gold packs were uncommon.

Rare though, which sucks since those come from Silvers.

Unprepared = screws self.
First of all, why would you pay to have the game unlock stuff for you, when you could PLAY the game and then unlock items.
Second, as a lot of people say, its best to open silver packs until you have most of the rare items. I got all the rare items bar a some emblems, now i moved into gold packs and i'm getting some cool new stuff.

Edit: Btw, I recommend getting an extension for chrome which allows you to sell multiple reqs at once. I got like 70000 points from just quickly selling all my junk like warthogs, ghosts, needlers and all the stuff I don't use. Bought like 14 silver packs which helped me get through nearly all of the rare items.
Since it's been a while since I've played Halo 5 and I haven't gotten any of the new REQs from the last few updates, I thought I'd drop $30 bucks on the 10x Gold Pack REQ Bundle with the 3x Bonus Gold Packs to get back in the game. I'd hoped I'd maybe get certification for the SPNKr, the Gravity Hammer, maybe finally get the Mantis, or even the Halo 2 Battle Rifle.

No such luck. Guess what I got?

Emblems.

That's right. Every single REQ pack I opened contained at least one emblem, and I got two emblems in one pack for at least half of them. Most of them were Uncommon; I got maybe four or five Number emblems and some weird ones that weren't so much emblems as they were groupings of squiggly lines. I swear, I wanted to tear my hair out when I saw those.

Only somewhat good thing I got was Gauss Warthog Certification, which isn't much good to me in Warzone since I can never find a teammate capable of either driving or shooting. I also got a bunch of Uncommon Assassinations, a Venture helmet skin and a Stalker armor skin, neither of which I'll ever use, and a bunch of other random junk.

I am never spending real money on REQ packs ever again. This was the worst drop I've ever had.
That is one of the most stupidest things you can do
should've brought silver packs.
I'll drive for you. I love driving.
I hate it when that happens.
Not smart man
i feel the pain mate...had this exact same thing happen to me 5 days back...ragequit the game for a couple of days after that.

Like i mentionned in another post, REQ packs should NOT contain emblems unless its the commendation reward packs.
Psshh..that's better than anything i ever get. Be fortunate.
I'm not going to lie, one of my REQ packs was nothing but Emblems XD
I do bronze, then silver, then gold best way
No, he should've spent them on Rainbow Six Siege, or put it toward an Elite controller (if doesn't already own)... or anything of actual value.
$30 for what was always going to be nothing. Well done, OP.

LOL... half the price of the game itself. Yeah... seems legit, 343.
No morals at all.
Erik L wrote:
No, he should've spent them on Rainbow Six Siege, or put it toward an Elite controller (if doesn't already own)... or anything of actual value.
$30 for what was always going to be nothing. Well done, OP.

LOL... half the price of the game itself. Yeah... seems legit, 343.
No morals at all.
Have any other advice of things of "Actual value" that I can spend my disposable income on?

Man, I never knew I should just ask people what to spend my money on. Advertisers must love me.

Lmao Rainbow Six Siege. No campaign whatsoever and hes calling it "Actual value". Surely you meant Rainbow Six Siege + Season Pass right? Wont get the full experience otherwise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2