Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I Just Realized Something About Achilles

OP Turtle Boy 1999

Achilles features an aggressive AI that gnaws at the wearer's mind.

Does this remind anyone of Omega from Red vs Blue? Could this even be a subtle reference?
filler lore that's what I think
Achilles features an aggressive AI that gnaws at the wearer's mind.

Does this remind anyone of Omega from Red vs Blue? Could this even be a subtle reference?
Nice connection, lol. Makes sense to me.
I don't feel like it is, but that's an awesome connection.
I thin the "aggressive AI, that knaw's at the wearers mind" is more a poke at how you feel during the grind.
I thin the "aggressive AI, that knaw's at the wearers mind" is more a poke at how you feel during the grind.
Gotta agree with you. That's a good theory though OP
That is a really good theory
That makes sense, much more so than there actually being an AI in the armour that makes the wearer more aggressive.
Hotrod192 wrote:
That makes sense, much more so than there actually being an AI in the armour that makes the wearer more aggressive.
I mean, lore wise, there's probably an AI in there that does what the description says. But I do still think 343 was being clever with the description.
What does it matter?
Probably not, but it's a good connection OP.
What does it matter?
I was going to type a long sentence about how we are trying to uncover hidden lore, but then I looked back at what it is and realized there really is no good reason.
Probably a joke on how companies spent so much time spawn trapping other teams.
What does it matter?
I was going to type a long sentence about how we are trying to uncover hidden lore, but then I looked back at what it is and realized there really is no good reason.
Most of 343's lore DOESN'T have any good reason behind it...
There is a cannon fodder on it and its basically an evolution of the idea that it was always going to be a company armour and so required multiple Spartans to work together to unlock it. So they decided to make it so that the AI was to much for a single Spartan to handle and required multiple Spartans wearing the armour to 'tame and control' the AI. So that flavour text is showing us that the AI knaw's at the minds of single Spartans, showing its volatility and ruthlessness.

Great idea though and I kinda want to imagine that it is Omega xD Gotta love RvB :)
That's even better xD
Its plausible. I would assume, thoeretically, that the UNSC wouldn't simply sweep anything it took from Freelancer under the rug without even looking sideways at it. ONI would certain be interested...
Anything to make a Spartan more lethal seems to be the key in most of these new armors...look at the Tenshin and Recluse helmets. Raijin too now I think.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."