Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] I'm done with Halo 5 and 343's BS

OP BT 350Destroyer

Ever since Halo 5 came out, multiplayer has been nothing but a miserable experience, unlike Halo 4 multiplayer which I really enjoyed (but 343 just had to take that away, didn't they?). H5 MP was nothing short of infuriating at worst and aggravating at best. I experienced so much lag, that it stressed me out to the point where I literally had a heart attack about 7 weeks ago, and had to undergo open-heart surgery to save my life. Whether the lag was due to my connection speed, or 343 screwing with my game by making me lag on purpose, I don't know. I'm leaning towards the latter, because that's what my intuition is telling me, and I blame whoever is responsible for screwing with my game for almost causing my death. I wanted to grind the game until I got to CSR 152, but that won't happen now, because 343, in its infinite wisdom, decides to remove the Slayer Legendary XP Req Pack, which I have been checking for the past 5 weeks to spend almost 3 million Req Points to get. It won't happen now. I'm pretty much done with this BS. I've been catching myself screaming at the game and getting my blood pressure up every time I play. Each time I almost get to Diamond 3, I lose every game until I drop back down to Platinum 6. I'm not a bad player, but somehow, something in the game is preventing me from getting past Diamond 2. Again, I blame it on whoever it is at 343 that screwed with my game. I almost died because of this mean-spirited way of messing with my game, and I only have one thing to say to this person - karma. How do I get the sense that 343 is messing with my game? Well, for one thing, my network connection speeds used to be 58 Mbps up and down. Now, it's 58 Mbps down and 8 Mbps up (which is better than 1.2 Mbps up a few months ago, but not by much). Somehow the upload speed has been slowly creeping up, and I'm sure it's not on my end. Whereas my friends upload speeds are the same as their download speeds, why the disparity with mine? And, 3 years ago, I once mentioned that I was never going to buy another Xbox or another Halo game unless I made it to Diamond, I started ranking up quickly and made it to Diamond 2 briefly. When 343 started this whole deranking thing, I deranked from Diamond 2 and stayed at Diamond 1, no matter how many matches my fireteam and I lost. While they were deranking back to Platinum, I, alone, did not derank below Diamond 1 for 2 whole weeks afterwards. Can someone explain why that was? Now, when I play, I get Spartan charged from the front, and I die right away, but when I charge someone from behind, he/she doesn't die. Ground pounds? I could be well clear of where the enemy tried to ground pound me and I still get killed. I could ground pound an enemy on the top of his head and he/she just shrugs it off, turns around, and kills me. My overshields never last as long as the enemy's, even after putting a full magazine of bullets into him/her, but mine go down with a few shots from an enemy's magnum. Active camo? That's a joke too. I could be crouched perfectly still and the enemy still sees me to shoot at me. When enemy gets the camo, he/she totally disappears from my screen. Ducking behind cover? I still get shot 3 or 4 times and get killed through a well, a rock, or the floor. My Spartan is being nerfed by someone as 343, and I'm now pushed to the point where I'm am finally done with the game. I was looking forward to Halo Infinite, and I'll probably still get it for the campaign, but I most likely will not play multiplayer. And if the story sucks just as bad at Halo 5's, it will definitely be my last ever Halo game (and Xbox) I purchase. So, to whoever it is at 343 that did this to me, you won. You just lost yourself another long-time Halo fan. Congratulations! I hope your bosses are proud of you.
Man that was a huge rant. But maybe it’s not the sever it’s just you? I’m not trying to be a -Yoink- but if you don’t like the game go play fortnite.
Halo 5 is certainly the most frustrating game compared to the rest but should you find your self getting so angry that you are screaming or losing control of your emotions to the point you suffer a heart attack you need straight up stop playing anything that aggravates you before it actually kills you.
So I'm sure your physician spent the time and effort to explain what really caused your heart attack . I can guarantee it wasn't halo 5 or 343i but life style choices , like diet exercise ,stress and genetic predispositions . Seriously get well mate and please some rational perspective about the reasons for your condition.
So I'm sure your physician spent the time and effort to explain what really caused your heart attack . I can guarantee it wasn't halo 5 or 343i but life style choices , like diet exercise ,stress and genetic predispositions . Seriously get well mate and please some rational perspective about the reasons for your condition.
Fully agree. I hope the best for you in your future. Please take it easy. If somehow Halo 5 was the sole cause though, I would say just chill with games. Nothing in life is worth getting that worked up over. Atleast not a video game
Oh you're the guy with the conspiracy theory that 343 was trying to "silence" you by remotely messing with your Xbox and network speed.

You said you were done with Halo 5 almost a year ago. I guess all your problems now is just you being a glutton for punishment.
All the things your complaining about in relation to your spartan dying quickly etc is all to do with latency and your ping to the server! download/upload speed doesn’t effect this but your distance to the servers compared to your enemies is what makes his happen
I play from Australia and this is just our standard halo experience it makes us all so angry also that I take frequent breaks from the game cause it’s so dam frustrating and unfair but unless they change the server locations and the bullet magnetism etc nothingwill change
We've been over with you a few times before, but 343 is absolutely not messing with your game, your rank, your internet or anything else. I'm not really sure what they would have to gain by doing anything like that anyway, but i can promise you 100% what you are trying to say is happening, isn't.

Glad to see you're doing better after your operation.