Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I'm just gonna say it...

OP DonnyDoo42

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
You want a million different side arms. Go play COD.
The Magnum is fine as is. If you have issues fighting them, just hide back and get the jump on 'em.
Well at close range I always swap to my AR and destroy any Magnum tryhard that thinks they can beat an AR in CQC.
XxMavr1kxX wrote:
You want a million different side arms. Go play COD.
What? The game has like 3, maybe 4 pistols per game.

And even then some of them are complete and utter -Yoink-.
p0cc wrote:
I am with you, people who claim "the magnum is balanced" are the ones who actually overuse that weapon.
Halo 5 felt great before people realized how OP the handcannon was.

Halo 5 magnum is even more OP than Halo CE's Magnum in terms of efficiency due to its aim assist.
Its a utility weapon, EVERYONE spawns with it as well.

CE magnum-3 shot kill > h5 magum-5 shot kill.

Also note that h5 has little to no aim assist and also note the magnum is actually a weapon that takes skill IF you plan on using it in long range engagements, something not everyone can do.
p0cc wrote:
I am with you, people who claim "the magnum is balanced" are the ones who actually overuse that weapon.
Halo 5 felt great before people realized how OP the handcannon was.

Halo 5 magnum is even more OP than Halo CE's Magnum in terms of efficiency due to its aim assist.
This coming from someone whose most used weapon by a huge margin is... the Assault Rifle. The Magnum is "overused" because you spawn with it, it's broadly viable on spawn, and it has one of the highest skill ceilings of any other weapon in the current sandbox. It rewards you for being good and punishes for missing shots. Other precision weapons are easier to use. Automatics (like your AR) are easier to use. Power weapons kill far quicker. You're just upset that your spray and pray weapon of choice is less effective than someone who doesn't miss with the Magnum. It isn't overpowered. It's the utility weapon. The AR is a niche weapon.
Except there was online multiplayer for the xbox version, and it was great. Do you even xboxconnect?
I feel so old that people didn't know what that was. Makes me feel like they only know of Halo CE by name but didn't actually start gaming until after XBLive came out.

Only issue was it was so god damn laggy that I couldn't enjoy XboxConnect but I enjoyed playing Timesplitters with it than I ever did with Halo.
Kids these days don't know the stuggle of 4000 free hour AOL discs.
It is fine where it is at.
Meanwhile on the competitive forums everyone is talking about how it's not strong enough.

"ITS OP BECAUSE ITS A PISTOL AND NOT A RIFLE." That argument doesn't even make any -Yoinking!- sense, how is the cosmetic appearance of the gun relevant to its balance?

"IT'S WUT EVERYONE USES". You people have been spouting that argument ever since 2004, regardless if we're talking about the BR or DMR. You're always accusing the utility weapon of being a power weapon when it's not. The only thing that has changed is which utility weapon you choose to moan about.

The only reason you claim it's OP is because you aren't able to just run around dominating everything in every situation with the Assault Rifle, and I'm thankful that's the case.

For the record a perfect kill with the AR is 0.13s faster than a perfect kill with the Magnum.
Loll "get good" jokes aside practice more. If someone with a magnum drops you at short range changes are they didn't miss. I'm not at a level I feel comfortable with my close quarters magnum game. That doesn't mean I want it nerfed.

if a magnum is beating you a long range lol move better. It honestly has the ugliest smartscope for range.
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
I just, really hate the magnum. It's so overly used. I mean, a freakin sidearm shouldn't be more powerful than a full automatic rifle, or equivalent to a long range semi automatic rifle. It's just not fun at all. Seeing the same weapon used constantly is boring. I know about the 3 sk magnum in Halo CE, and frankly, I don't care. That game came out 14 years ago and there was no online multiplayer other than the PC version. So much for a balanced sandbox when we're spawning with a back pocket Death Star. Social Slayer or other nonranked playlists better not be full of magnum spamming try hards if and/or when they finally come.
Ugh so much whining and crying in one post. Did your keyboard short out from all the tears?
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
Except there was online multiplayer for the xbox version, and it was great. Do you even xboxconnect?
I'm pretty sure Xbox live wasn't a thing for halo until 2.
I'm pretty sure I said Xboxconnect, not Xbox Live. In fact, you quoted me on it.
Never even heard of it. Doesn't even pop up on google. But let's not get off topic here.
You're kidding, right? It's the first result.
Do not post discriminatory comments.

Spoiler:
Show
Ahhh Halo CE had online mp, it was ran through Xbox Connect and it was amazing. The pistol is completely balanced in Halo 5.
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
I just, really hate the magnum. It's so overly used. I mean, a freakin sidearm shouldn't be more powerful than a full automatic rifle, or equivalent to a long range semi automatic rifle. It's just not fun at all. Seeing the same weapon used constantly is boring. I know about the 3 sk magnum in Halo CE, and frankly, I don't care. That game came out 14 years ago and there was no online multiplayer other than the PC version. So much for a balanced sandbox when we're spawning with a back pocket Death Star. Social Slayer or other nonranked playlists better not be full of magnum spamming try hards if and/or when they finally come.
The reliability of the pistol is amazing, there's a reason why people use it.

I'm going to assume you die to pistol to the pistol a lot. Have you ever thought about WHERE you are when you die? like in the open, going off on one of the lifts, etc?

To play CE online, you had to use a program called XboxConnect.

The pistol DOES NOT beat or Br/DMR/Carbine UNLESS you miss 1 shot with the Br/DMR/Carbine. So looks like you venting over missing shots.

The AR destroys ANYTHING close range (except the SMG). So if you get 5 shot from the pistol/ 4 shot close range by br, etc, the other person literally had to aim perfectly to kill you.

This pistol and the CE pistol have NOTHING in common. 5sk vs 3sk, the autoaim/magnetism/aim assist in h5 vs ce are completely different (im curious to see what the CE pistol will be like when it's released in warzone)

This game was designed around a pistol, and when you make a mistake, you REALLY get punished. The last game that was this punishing was on halo 2 caliber (not close at all to the CE punishing system).

You have offered no solutions to your problem of the pistol except state how you feel about the pistol. Maybe you should consider figuring out your mistakes first and adjusting? Usually when you try to figure what to do differently, things work out and it becomes fun. Being suborn about it will just lead to more frustration.
The Magnum is a great thing atm. In my opinion I think it could be buffed if anything! Its a strong mid-long range weapon. It will not beat a BR or DMR (with proper aim) but it won't beat a AR or SMG at close range.... It feels a void in the early game or mid game where engaging at a distance is vital! The Magnum is GREAT!
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
Except there was online multiplayer for the xbox version, and it was great. Do you even xboxconnect?
I'm pretty sure Xbox live wasn't a thing for halo until 2.
I'm pretty sure I said Xboxconnect, not Xbox Live. In fact, you quoted me on it.
Never even heard of it. Doesn't even pop up on google. But let's not get off topic here.
Isn't really off topic when it pertains to a claim you made in your original post.

Also... first thing that pops up on google...
This. Just this. Precious.
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
DonnyDoo42 wrote:
Except there was online multiplayer for the xbox version, and it was great. Do you even xboxconnect?
I'm pretty sure Xbox live wasn't a thing for halo until 2.
I'm pretty sure I said Xboxconnect, not Xbox Live. In fact, you quoted me on it.
Never even heard of it. Doesn't even pop up on google. But let's not get off topic here.
You're kidding, right? It's the first result.
It's hard to take him seriously after that.

Ah, the good ol' Xbox Connect days - CE on a good connection, splitscreen with 2 to 4 friends, and destroying Crazy King on Chiron. Old school, for sure!

Hard to imagine many Halo 5 players haven't played CE or Halo 2 in their heyday, let alone know what the multiplayer world was like back then. Nostalgia.

On topic - the magnum is the most useful since CE (even though not as powerful). It balances spawns so well that I don't miss BR spawns (aside from playing Swatnums a bit too much, which gets old). The useless sidearm of Halo 2/3 were not fun, and gimped much of the sandbox due to having to make dual wielding viable.
I'm glad the magnum and assault rifle are much better now.
The magnum is actually a very decent weapon in Halo 5 and does not feel too powerful at least not as destructive as the Combat Evolved magnum. Try using it more often and get a good feel for it you will see the results.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4