Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I'm Really bad at this game

OP PLASMASPARTAN54

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I get seriously frustrated when playing Halo 5 sometimes. I cant ever play a match and not find someone who mastered his aim with his weapons. I'm sure if I practiced a lot I could never miss a shot.

If you couldn't tell, I just finished a match and did terribly. I'm not mad at the other players as they should be doing their best.

It's a combination of a few things. A. I don't have the best aiming skills, B. I'm being paired with enemy players who are way better in skill, and C. I think I do way better on Xbox 360 than Xbox One, and I can't explain how.

I hope no one mistakes what I say as "Halo 5 sucks" or "I should always be winning." I guess I really am just not as good in this game as the others. Tell me if you shared similar experiences.
Just play this great game and enjoy it :D
Just practice. Even the AI can be a good start for practicing your aim but don't only do that, play some humans too.
I'm currently a rust bucket so I know the feeling. On the plus side, if you continually do bad in more populated ranked playlists, you'll go down in skill so your chances to face people that are much higher skilled than you should be lower.
Tell me if you shared similar experiences.
Yeah, I'm honestly terrible at this game. That's why I only play Warzone Firefight and Super Fiesta. Playing competitive Halo 5: Magnums isn't my thing. It might help to branch out and try different playlists if you get frustrated with it a lot.
Yeah, I'm honestly terrible at this game. That's why I only play Warzone Firefight and Super Fiesta. Playing competitive Halo 5: Magnums isn't my thing. It might help to branch out and try different playlists if you get frustrated with it a lot.
so you have never ranked in arena and you're at CSR148. that is something
I get seriously frustrated when playing Halo 5 sometimes. I cant ever play a match and not find someone who mastered his aim with his weapons. I'm sure if I practiced a lot I could never miss a shot.

If you couldn't tell, I just finished a match and did terribly. I'm not mad at the other players as they should be doing their best.

It's a combination of a few things. A. I don't have the best aiming skills, B. I'm being paired with enemy players who are way better in skill, and C. I think I do way better on Xbox 360 than Xbox One, and I can't explain how.

I hope no one mistakes what I say as "Halo 5 sucks" or "I should always be winning." I guess I really am just not as good in this game as the others. Tell me if you shared similar experiences.
You are a Plat 4 at SR 105 with 9 days playing time between arena and WZ. I am plat 4 at SR 149 with 45 days played. I was reflecting the other day that I started at Silver 5 & 6 in the beginning and now I regularly get to Plat 3 & 4. My point is, if my progress is anything to go by, with consistent play, you should improve.
From what I remember, PvP gamemodes were too frustrating for our pal Nate. They mainly play tons of Firefight.

And to answer the OP's question, there have been times where I was doing poorly in Halo 5 - my worst losing streak was 10 matches in a row - and I just move onto different games instead to vent out my frustration.
I want to finish the commendations, but am dreading the team arena and breakout playlists for the reasons noted in your post. Not sure how else I can complete the flag/breakout/strongholds commendations. I can hold my own in FFA, but not sure how I'll fare in objective team play.
<p></p>
I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians Matchmaking for almost a year now. The first few months were very frustrating for me as I only played Warzone and Ranked playlists. I would be consistently losing matches and get very angry at myself. Eventually, I tried Warzone Firefight and the Social playlists and my experience has definetly changed. I find I am playing better, enjoying myself more and actually liking Halo 5: Guardians. (I know, I'm a heretic for thinking that) Of course, I still get those games with four max rank Achilles-wearing tryhards playing social, but I am genuinely enjoying myself. Just find what you like to play. Just because someone doesn't play Ranked 24/7, doesn't mean they cannot enjoy the game.

Most of all, remember that it is just a game. Have fun and don't take it too seriously. :)
I'm not very good either but one thing you can do is play custom browser games. Castle Wars fiesta can get crazy and you get to try a broad array of weapons. Customs are simple fun and doesn't matter so you can mess around too.
I'm not very good either but one thing you can do is play custom browser games. Castle Wars fiesta can get crazy and you get to try a broad array of weapons. Customs are simple fun and doesn't matter so you can mess around too.
Ah, yes. I forgot about Customs. Even more fun than Socials and Warzone Firefight :)
You get lots of XP for playing firefight, I guess
HaXoR73 wrote:
From what I remember, PvP gamemodes were too frustrating for our pal Nate. They mainly play tons of Firefight.
That was true until Big Team Super Fiesta, which is the reason I'm playing Halo 5 regularly again. But yes.
I want to finish the commendations, but am dreading the team arena and breakout playlists for the reasons noted in your post. Not sure how else I can complete the flag/breakout/strongholds commendations. I can hold my own in FFA, but not sure how I'll fare in objective team play.
<p></p>
Good luck to you, if you try it. I had to resign myself to knowing I'll never get 100% commendations because it just isn't worth it to spend so much time playing game modes I hate. Normally I'm a completionist with my video games, but Halo 5 has to be an exception for me :/
I've been playing multiplayer since Halo 3 and Halo 5 was actually the first time I have been able to be somewhat competitive due to my connection. Playing on ADSL internet from Australia with US host in Halo 3 was painful to say the least. Never even got to colonel in ranked back then despite playing nearly 4k multiplayer matches..
Set your inner and outer dead zones to 0. Sensitivty is preference although 4 is really nice and most common.
Never leave matches and learn from your mistakes.
Practice your shot in WZ FF and octagon.
Play with a team if you can.
Stay with your team.
When I got back into Halo 5 my aim was meh sat around low 40s for a bit.. eventually got up to high 50s and mid 60s range.

It takes time. Dont get discouraged.
It isn't all you. After a couple years the less skilled players tend to move onto other games while the good players might stick around more, making multiplayer as a whole tougher as time goes on. And as player population slowly decreases, there is less players to try to match up evenly so you might not get the most fair fights.
everyone gets better you just have to play often maybe ask your teammates for tips
I would recommend to just keep playing. you will get better over time. You could also take a few friends and go into a custom game and use that for training.
HaXoR73 wrote:

And to answer the OP's question, there have been times where I was doing poorly in Halo 5 - my worst losing streak was 10 matches in a row - and I just move onto different games instead to vent out my frustration.
I hate winning more than 2 games in a row. Because you end up being punished with a massive losing streak. I won 4 games consecutively last night and I just new "retribution" was around the corner... absolutely soul destroying and rage inducing. on games like that, I just focus on marine kills in WZ. atleast I am making progress for the Spartan Company if nothing else
Ah, yes. I forgot about Customs. Even more fun than Socials and Warzone Firefight :)
I just got back into it after quite some time and was sad to see my minigames gone from social. (Which was all I was good at. If the OP wanted to know). I've played Halo since the original CE on ancient-box. My career spanned 4 different Live accounts (the other three lost for variety of reasons) but minigames were the most fun i've had. Especially Prop Hunt. Luckily I found them hiding in Customs.

TBH, minigames were good to be taken down. It got me to expand a little. I'm in the problem of trying to enter each match like the good old days. But it's not the same game, mechanics have changed in a huge way, and i must adapt.

To the OP: You may not see yourself as good because you're comparing yourself to people who made competion their bread and butter. Time, Patience and Practice makes one sharp. You will get there, just like I will get there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2