Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I'm Really bad at this game

OP PLASMASPARTAN54

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Well for the most part people still playing this game now will be on the higher end of the skill curve. Soo keep that in mind when you get uneven matches there just aren't enough players.

The aiming in this game is a bit strange soo it can take a bit to find the right settings. You need to keep in mind what sort of play style you have. If you play more of a longer range style then use a lower sensitivity. If you play more of a closer range style then use a higher sensitivity.

Practice will help with accuracy to an extent but if you don't have a comfortable sensitivity then it will make it harder to aim. I recommend not touxhtou the deadzones. You can also make a custom sensitivity by adjusting the horizontal and vertical values. It may take some time but it will be worth it
If you're trying to become better find a team to play with and octagon alot. Your accuracy should improve over time. If you're not trying to become better just play the game for fun. Remember that there will always be someone better than you...... unless you're the best player in the world.
Yeah me too. I've accepted I'll never be champ rank good, I just don't have time to grind and play a lot to get better. Now back in the Halo 2 and halo 3 days, every single day after school practicing and all weekend. I got really really good. 50 in every playlist good. Even 50 in mlg, now... I'm horrible
If you're trying to become better find a team to play with and octagon alot. Your accuracy should improve over time. If you're not trying to become better just play the game for fun. Remember that there will always be someone better than you...... unless you're the best player in the world.
Wanna do some octagon sometime ?I need people to do this with
If I ever take a few days to a week off & come back, its almost like relearning how to play again (more so the aim), the muscle memory is just gone. Makes it quite frustrating. Usually takes a few days to get back into things. Also if I ever change my set up, or how far I sit, it messes everything up, its crazy.
ouv wrote:
Probably won't play Halo 5 again until December if you can wait that long.
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! I'll take what everyone says and use that to help me in future games.
I find I am playing better, enjoying myself more and actually liking Halo 5: Guardians. (I know, I'm a heretic for thinking that)
I don't think it's crazy that you like Halo 5. I actually think a lot of people like Halo 5. My point is, you are having fun playing Halo 5. Halo 5 is a video game, and as we all know, having fun is why we play games. I don't see you as a heretic for liking Halo 5.

Thanks for the comment. I do believe having fun is more important than winning, and taking a game too seriously will just make playing the game not fun.
ouv wrote:
Probably won't play Halo 5 again until December if you can wait that long.
Yeah I can lol
If I ever take a few days to a week off & come back, its almost like relearning how to play again (more so the aim), the muscle memory is just gone. Makes it quite frustrating. Usually takes a few days to get back into things. Also if I ever change my set up, or how far I sit, it messes everything up, its crazy.
I have this exact same problem. I feel like if I take almost any time off (around 5 days or more), I completely lose my magnum shot, and it takes a week or so of consistently playing to feel like I really have it back again. Aim is so crucial in arena that it’s like you have to play at least a little bit every day or two just to maintain. Thank goodness for social game types. I think a lot of having fun (regardless of skill level) is attitude. When I’m sucking it up I usually either accept my shot is bad and try to have fun or am overly critical and get tilted. My level of enjoyment definitely depends on which route I take.
tdsquire wrote:
I have this exact same problem. I feel like if I take almost any time off (around 5 days or more), I completely lose my magnum shot, and it takes a week or so of consistently playing to feel like I really have it back again. Aim is so crucial in arena that it’s like you have to play at least a little bit every day or two just to maintain. Thank goodness for social game types. I think a lot of having fun (regardless of skill level) is attitude. When I’m sucking it up I usually either accept my shot is bad and try to have fun or am overly critical and get tilted. My level of enjoyment definitely depends on which route I take.
With such strong aim assist it usually takes me about 2 games to get my shot back. Unless I'm smart and play octagon or ffa in customs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2