Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I'm starting to like H5..surprisingly

OP EpicAngel00

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With most of the hate going around for Halo 5, I'm actually starting to dig it. It seems I'm getting used to it as I used to incredibly HATE Halo 5 when I first got it. Yeah it doesn't feel like any other Halo, but I guess I just had to adapt to it. I just had to accept the fact that we are not in the golden days of Halo anymore & the fact that it has evolved. If it wasn't called "Halo", this honestly would've been a better game. Has anyone else felt the same?
My biggest problem with this game is the aiming, it feels so unnatural and so uncomfortable, which is strange because in most halo's the aiming feels so smooth.

I also have a huge issue with the grenades, extremely op in my mind and I feel like they have proximity on them at times.
There's this thing called "Stockholm Syndrome"

You may want to look it up.
With most of the hate going around for Halo 5, I'm actually starting to dig it. It seems I'm getting used to it as I used to incredibly HATE Halo 5 when I first got it. Yeah it doesn't feel like any other Halo, but I guess I just had to adapt to it. I just had to accept the fact that we are not in the golden days of Halo anymore & the fact that it has evolved. If it wasn't called "Halo", this honestly would've been a better game. Has anyone else felt the same?
The problem is,you shouldn't have to accept something you dont like.
It's a bad addiction for me... frustrated most of the time and have many days cursing the game but it keeps pulling me back...
Halo 5 is definitely interesting. Ever since jet packs and thruster packs became a thing in reach/4 for us to use, i was obsessed with the idea of them being built into the armor and i was shocked it actually happened. Halo 5 over all is a good game. But not the best halo game. The aiming is either too much assist or not enough or itll drift if there are multiple targets. Its not smooth. Halo 5 is also deathly competitive. Even in grifball and actions sack. or nonranked games my hands get drenched for the simple fact its so competitive. Im honestly a super relaxed person and Halo 5 manages to make me competitive. Also, custom games browser keeps me coming back ALL the time
ZacBum wrote:
It's a bad addiction for me... frustrated most of the time and have many days cursing the game but it keeps pulling me back...
Same here. It's like "I hate this game, WHY AM I STILL PLAYING... maybe another round will give me the answers I seek"

Either that or I'm a masochist
ZacBum wrote:
Same here. It's like "I hate this game, WHY AM I STILL PLAYING... maybe another round will give me the answers I seek"

LOL! Glad I'm not alone 😂
Just like time, progress moves forward. Whether good or bad depends on each individuals ability to adapt.
The things I most hate of it is the magnum on multiplayer, is ridiculous powerful compared with the previous games. It really irritates me!

What I liked is at least the Battle Rifle is not as powerful as Halo 4. I think it is now the magnum. Apart of that, it seems good for me.
Its not really a hate though. Its more of a great dislike when comparing to the other Halo titles. It is definately one of the weaker Halo titles but if you compare it to another game such as Call of Duty or Battlefront I will rather play Halo.
My biggest problem with this game is the aiming, it feels so unnatural and so uncomfortable, which is strange because in most halo's the aiming feels so smooth.

I also have a huge issue with the grenades, extremely op in my mind and I feel like they have proximity on them at times.
Agreed, the aiming and the grenade is just so odd. I came to play Halo, not Call of Duty.. but yet here I am still playing smh.

ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:

LOL! Glad I'm not alone 😂
This is exactly how I feel lol you are not alone.
Delta5931 wrote:
There's this thing called "Stockholm Syndrome"

You may want to look it up.
Just did.. have no idea where you're going with this... I'm not a hostage being kidnapped lol.
EDIT: Ah, had to think about it for a minute lol. But no, not exactly the scenario here.
Halo 5 is a solid game just poorly executed. There so much stuff that would and could make H5 awesome but odds are we won't see it. Sadly some of the stuff that isn't there has always been there in past Halo games. I mean the blue print for a great Halo game is practically already laid out but 343 just doesn't ever seem to want to use it.
Yeah I was on the same boat I actually like it as it has improved a lot and is really fun with friends
Definitely probably the weakest halo story wise, but gameplay I'd rank it 3rd, behind halo 2 and then reach.
Halo 5 multi, warzone in particular is the bees knees, aha.
Its not really a hate though. Its more of a great dislike when comparing to the other Halo titles. It is definately one of the weaker Halo titles but if you compare it to another game such as Call of Duty or Battlefront I will rather play Halo.
I still prefer it to H2A tho
Aside from the aiming and the map design, its a pretty good game.
Its kinda like The Last Jedi in a way; weak Halo game, good solid video game.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
My biggest problem with this game is the aiming, it feels so unnatural and so uncomfortable, which is strange because in most halo's the aiming feels so smooth.I also have a huge issue with the grenades, extremely op in my mind and I feel like they have proximity on them at times.
Yeah. What's with that?!
Sometimes the aim feels incredibly good, at other times it just feels clunky and wrong.
It was pretty much the same way for me, I think it was because the matchmaking is so bad.
I started out going SUPER negative in games, and it's really not fun being in games where you constantly drag your team down, and constantly being put in matches you clearly should not be in.
Several of my friends stopped playing just because of that, while I kept playing. Eventually I got better, and naturally started having more fun with it.
I'm not dragging my team down as often anymore, I now get other teammates that does that for me instead -.-

It seems like 343i thinks a ranked Slayer match is even when the end score is 50 - 47, and that's the end of it.
But when one player goes 20-4 and his teammate goes 4-13 in k-d it really is not a good match-up; One of those players should not be in the game.

This plagues every playlist. Warzone is the same thing, play a game and look at the bottom and top scores. I honestly think this game would be better and more fun for everyone if the matchmaking just put "the bad" players against other "bad" players, and vice versa for "the good" players instead of mixing the teams up like they do now.

I really hope they fix that in Halo 6, because that was a whole new experience for me, and not a fun or memorable one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2