Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I'm starting to like H5..surprisingly

OP EpicAngel00

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 5 really is a fun game once you get into it, but it has its fair-share of flaws.

Lackluster campaign, intrusive loot box microtransactions, pay-for-power game modes, gameplay that borders too close to other FPSs, butchered customization, etc.

But if you can put that aside, and resist 343's urges for you to throw more money at the screen than you have to, it is pretty fun. Warzone Assault is a lot of fun since it's similar to Invasion from Reach, modes like Super Fiesta are pretty fun on occasion, Spartan Companies give you something to actually progress towards, etc.
Personally I like it, and think it has some of the best gameplay out of the entire series... though it also has the worst servers of any AAA game I've ever seen and the lag makes it not fun to play for me.
Personally I like it, and think it has some of the best gameplay out of the entire series... though it also has the worst servers of any AAA game I've ever seen and the lag makes it not fun to play for me.
Agreed...
Its not really a hate though. Its more of a great dislike when comparing to the other Halo titles. It is definately one of the weaker Halo titles but if you compare it to another game such as Call of Duty or Battlefront I will rather play Halo.
I still prefer it to H2A tho
From a multiplayer standpoint I would understand where you would be coming from. I like H5 multiplayer alot even if it is has sprint. But campaign wise no way. Halo 5 definitely has the weaker story. Both games had 2 different playable protagonists, but at least in H2A Arbiter grows as a character. Locke is so bland and I really wanted him to be this cool ONI spartan guy.
Delta5931 wrote:
There's this thing called "Stockholm Syndrome"

You may want to look it up.
Ahaha, that was exactly my thought just from reading the title. Then the OP delivered even more.

My biggest problem with this game is the aiming, it feels so unnatural and so uncomfortable, which is strange because in most halo's the aiming feels so smooth.

I also have a huge issue with the grenades, extremely op in my mind and I feel like they have proximity on them at times.
Yeah. What's with that?!
Sometimes the aim feels incredibly good, at other times it just feels clunky and wrong.
Man, watching Royal 2 stream on twitch is just painful for this.
His is so bad to the point that you can actually see it just from watching, his aimer visibly moves at different speeds every game, and dramatically so.

LethalQ wrote:
Halo 5 is a solid game just poorly executed. There so much stuff that would and could make H5 awesome but odds are we won't see it. Sadly some of the stuff that isn't there has always been there in past Halo games. I mean the blue print for a great Halo game is practically already laid out but 343 just doesn't ever seem to want to use it.
Hit the nail on the head.

It's actually kind of sad to see such a solid base "go to waste" because of such minor details, not to mention all the work that went into the forge and custom browser, just to have the frame-rate issues make the former kinda pointless, and the lack of population (due to all this great stuff being lacking at launch!) holding back the latter.

If they had launched this current version of the game, but 1 year later, it would have been a lot better received even despite it being "less next-gen feeling" combined with all the other flaws.
And imagine if they also had split-screen, no frame rate issues, and all this extra stuff like super fiesta?
Man, people would be LAN'ing for days.
My biggest problem with this game is the aiming, it feels so unnatural and so uncomfortable, which is strange because in most halo's the aiming feels so smooth.I also have a huge issue with the grenades, extremely op in my mind and I feel like they have proximity on them at times.
Yeah. What's with that?!
Sometimes the aim feels incredibly good, at other times it just feels clunky and wrong.
Yes exactly, but then when I go play at a LAN tournament in the Microsoft store, it feels amazing.
Well I can't really say I like the MP too much but Warzone Firefight is okay I like playing it
Every game kind of needs to bring something different otherwise you are playing COD annual MW copy/paste releases. I've never synced with the pistol in this game like I had with BR / DMR in other titles. Halo 4 loadouts offered a compromise for individual playstyle that the Halo community rejected but worked for me. I've moved on to SW BF2 as my main FPS.
I personally have never disliked Halo 5's multiplayer at any given point. In fact, it's one of my favorites right next to Reach.
ZacBum wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
It's a bad addiction for me... frustrated most of the time and have many days cursing the game but it keeps pulling me back...
Same here. It's like "I hate this game, WHY AM I STILL PLAYING... maybe another round will give me the answers I seek"

Either that or I'm a masochist
LOL! Glad I'm not alone 😂
Lol that's me too I'll get lagged off the map say "I hate this game it's stupid!!! I'm going to play battlefront 2"...
After one more game (which turns into 20 games lol)
With most of the hate going around for Halo 5, I'm actually starting to dig it. It seems I'm getting used to it as I used to incredibly HATE Halo 5 when I first got it. Yeah it doesn't feel like any other Halo, but I guess I just had to adapt to it. I just had to accept the fact that we are not in the golden days of Halo anymore & the fact that it has evolved. If it wasn't called "Halo", this honestly would've been a better game. Has anyone else felt the same?
For sure I feel like if halo 6 fails then 343 should leave halo and go make their own franchise with halo 5 gameplay and stuff most people say it feels like cod but Imo it doesn't feel like halo but at the same time it doesn't feel like cod it feels unique but it is soooo far away from a halo game. I was the opposite of you I at first loved the game and thought it was the best halo game but now I think it's 2nd worst halo game I still play it but it doesn't feel like halo though
I can't stand the game at all, but it's like a drug and has me crawling back to it like a junkie looking for his next fix.
You hit the nail on the head when you said that if this game wasn't named "Halo" we would probably all love it. But we don't buy a halo title to play titanfall with shields.
halo 5 is definitely not like any other halo game before it. but I think that it is positive change. The old halo games are still there to play so you are able to choose between what type of halo game you prefer. no reason to limit ourselves to one style of game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2