Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I'm too obsessive over stats it ruins my gameplay

OP ouv

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've been noticing since I don't game as much as I used to, but I'll take month breaks. Last time I was ranked was quite a few seasons back. I did however get 3 playlists to onyx in one season
Elimination
Slayers
Arena
Then year before that I got snipers to onyx

So I know I can play but lately I just don't go as positive or win as many and I worry about too many stats and I feel like it's ruining my game.

I worry about
My KDA
My win percentage
My rank

I let those take over and I obsess over them. I don't know how to just let those numbers go and play. It really doesn't help that I mainly solo, I do go in the looking for group thing and does work but they're not on when I am and I'm rarely on. I just wish I was good at this game like I was in halo 2 and halo 3 and I had great stats in those games and it wasn't till about 3-4 after release where I was really good. Now it's been out for 3 years and I feel like I'm going backwards. I really wish I could find multiple people to play with and do scrims. I used to scrim all the time. Mainly all Saturdays were scrim day. Just 8 people and we would rotate players after best of 7. Was great and really improved my game, I can't find anyone to scrim, unless they are pros and I need a team to do that.
Join a SC if your looking for people to play with. As for stats, I stopped caring about them once I joined a SC since it was all about comms & stats were irrelevant. I did find it hard to have fun though for the most part as in with a 3 year old game there aren't many casual people left playing. Maybe play MCC.
Join a SC if your looking for people to play with. As for stats, I stopped caring about them once I joined a SC since it was all about comms & stats were irrelevant. I did find it hard to have fun though for the most part as in with a 3 year old game there aren't many casual people left playing. Maybe play MCC.
I'm trying to join another SC. I was playing MCC but hard to find games in level 20s right now. Reason I'm playing halo 5 again
ouv wrote:
I'm trying to join another SC. I was playing MCC but hard to find games in level 20s right now. Reason I'm playing halo 5 again
Join here. Say I sent you. Im sure they'll glad to have you. Very active on discord, good community, & always trying to put fire teams together. Im sure they'll be happy to accept you! :)
ouv wrote:
Join here. Say I sent you. Im sure they'll glad to have you. Very active on discord, good community, & always trying to put fire teams together. Im sure they'll be happy to accept you! :)
You sent me a link to a video of yours lol
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
ouv wrote:
ouv wrote:
You sent me a link to a video of yours lol
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
Yes... i pasted a link from earlier thinking i had the link copied already. Should work now. My bad lol
I used to care a lot more about my stats, but less so in the last year. I don't worry about my win loss ratio at all because I get thrown into JIP matches that are all but over way too often.
ouv wrote:
I've been noticing since I don't game as much as I used to, but I'll take month breaks. Last time I was ranked was quite a few seasons back. I did however get 3 playlists to onyx in one season
Elimination
Slayers
Arena

So I know I can play but lately I just don't go as positive or win as many and I worry about too many stats and I feel like it's ruining my game.

I worry about
My KDA
My win percentage
My rank

I let those take over and I obsess over them. I don't know how to just let those numbers go and play. It really doesn't help that I mainly solo, I do go in the looking for group thing and does work but they're not on when I am and I'm rarely on. I just wish I was good at this game like I was in halo 2 and halo 3 and I had great stats in those games and it wasn't till about 3-4 after release where I was really good. Now it's been out for 3 years and I feel like I'm going backwards. I really wish I could find multiple people to play with and do scrims. I used to scrim all the time. Mainly all Saturdays were scrim day. Just 8 people and we would rotate players after best of 7. Was great and really improved my game, I can't find anyone to scrim, unless they are pros and I need a team to do that.
I gave up on win percentage, but I still care about the rest.
<p></p>
ouv wrote:
Elimination
Slayers
Arena

I worry about
My KDA
My win percentage
My rank

Play Grifball, I recommend spawn trapping. It'll raise the K/D.
I used to care a lot more about my stats, but less so in the last year. I don't worry about my win loss ratio at all because I get thrown into JIP matches that are all but over way too often.
I have JIP to a few games of WZ & BTB were before I can even shoot it says DEFEAT lol. Good times.
I have JIP to a few games of WZ & BTB were before I can even shoot it says DEFEAT lol. Good times.
When that happens, i take the easy XP and just move on forward.
You can't worry about stats in these types of games.. yeah stats can give you an idea on how good someone might be, but that doesn't prove anything. Plus with the JiP, constant quitters, or playing solo without a team, there are just too many factors that make stats-obsession pointless.
kkolossal wrote:
You can't worry about stats in these types of games.. yeah stats can give you an idea on how good someone might be, but that doesn't prove anything. Plus with the JiP, constant quitters, or playing solo without a team, there are just too many factors that make stats-obsession pointless.
I know but I don't get why I'm so worried about it in this game when it didn't matter in h2 or h3. I didn't have the best kd but that's because I played a lot but I can say I can stick with it with the best of them
kkolossal wrote:
Exactly. I'm a solo player and the only stat I look at is my accuracy. Plenty of times I get high kills, assists, and low deaths but still lose a match of Slayer just due to the rest of my teammates. If I'm playing with at least 1 other who knows what they're doing is when I start winning the majority of my matches while still performing about the same as I usually do. But ya, the only stat I look at and try to get better is my accuracy.
IDX Rider wrote:
kkolossal wrote:
Exactly. I'm a solo player and the only stat I look at is my accuracy. Plenty of times I get high kills, assists, and low deaths but still lose a match of Slayer just due to the rest of my teammates. If I'm playing with at least 1 other who knows what they're doing is when I start winning the majority of my matches while still performing about the same as I usually do. But ya, the only stat I look at and try to get better is my accuracy.
Yeah I'd like to increase that, mines at 45% but I've always been a big rusher but I've been trying to watch pro video while at work on breaks and study some, just sucks I don't get to play as much as I'd like to
My company, friends, and I are really competitive with our stats. We hate losing games and refuse to solo search. It gets toxic sometimes but we will never stop playing.
PCR wrote:
My company, friends, and I are really competitive with our stats. We hate losing games and refuse to solo search. It gets toxic sometimes but we will never stop playing.
Yeah I joined a MLG GameBatttles team just now. They're okay but will see how they do against some competition. I need to join another company though
ouv wrote:
IDX Rider wrote:
kkolossal wrote:
Yeah I'd like to increase that, mines at 45% but I've always been a big rusher but I've been trying to watch pro video while at work on breaks and study some, just sucks I don't get to play as much as I'd like to
Mine was horrible from when I first started playing years ago lol. I took a giant break when MCC was playable (before the big update) but then got back into Halo 5 in case 6 was going to play similarly. I think it was around 42% at first? Now I'm, iirc, around 45% lol. It's definitely going up little by little lol
Stop caring is all I can say man...
You probably care more because in those previous games it didn't have our KDA plastered in big font on our stats screen which I think was a terrible idea. You just have to try and remember that you play ranked so you're not gonna have a really high KD because you're playing more people of similar skill.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2