I don't understand, ever since 2015, when the game lauched & everytime I played it, I am God awful, I was good at Reach & 4 up until MCC. Maybe I'm just not used to the new movement yet,even though it's been 4 years...
Which Halo game(s) are you trying to become better at specifically?
I don't understand, ever since 2015, when the game lauched & everytime I played it, I am God awful, I was good at Reach & 4 up until MCC. Maybe I'm just not used to the new movement yet,even though it's been 4 years...
I've had a lot of trouble adjusting to this game, and one thing that's been helping me is increasing my sensitivity. This game is so fast-paced, I have usually played a 4 or 5 sense, but I am playing 4 horizontal, 6.5 vertical, and 3 acc rn. It takes a while to get used to but it helped me a lot.

Another big thing is using thrust right. Ideally, in a gunfight, you'll want to save it until you're one shot. Jump one way, and then thrust the other. It can make the difference between getting the kill and not.

I'm definitely not great at the game, but I have been keeping these things in mind and it's been making a huge difference.
Halo 5, I'm absolute crap at it and I've been playing Halos for a decade now
Could you be more specific?

Do you find yourself being outnumbered or outgunned most of the time, or are you struggling with 1v1 engagements as well?

Details.

EDIT:

Also, which control scheme are you using?
Hemlach wrote:

Do you find yourself being outnumbered or outgunned most of the time, or are you struggling with 1v1 engagements as well?

Details.

EDIT:

I lose 1v1s even when I have the upper hand, I get shot from all directions, I miss my shots, I don't use power weapons because I know I'll just die right away anyway.
Hemlach wrote:

Details.

EDIT:

LS 7
LA 5
Pretty much what you said all of it, I also can't seem to hit my shots & the Randar is useless now
LS 7
LA 5
I had the hardest time getting into Halo 5 compared to all of the previous ones. It took me a long time, but I started it off by changing the dead zones to 0%, look acceleration to 5, and then experimented with the look sensitivity (I don't expand it to mess with the horizontal and vertical sensitivities, as it's not needed for me). In all of the Halo games, I would normally have the sensitivity set anywhere between 6-10 That worked for a while but then I decided to experiment further and also started watching some tip videos from pro players to get some hints regarding movement and evasion as well. Now, my controller setting are set to Bumper Jumper instead of Recon, my sensitivity is set anywhere between 2-4 (usually 3 or 4 honestly), my acceleration is set to a 3, and my dead zones are both set to 8%. I noticed when setting the dead zones after getting used to everything else, it made my aim "tighter", if that makes sense. But ya, that's pretty much how I came to this after a couple years of tweaking things.

I didn't get Halo 5 until my second Xbone, so the game was out for a few years when I first started, and I sucked at it hardcore. Because of that, I switched to MCC (the sole reason why I even have an Xbox One) for a long time until I decided to say "screw it" and actually try to learn how to play Halo 5 properly after about a year or so of not touching it. I wasn't a fan of the movements, the design of, well, everything, weapons, etc. etc. etc. I learned to "like" this stuff to get better instead because I assumed the next Halo would be about the same. Now I'm pulling the same kind of stats I'd normally bring in the other Halo games.

Now, if I were to stop playing Halo 5 for more than 2 weeks, I have to almost start back at "square one" with my controls. I don't know why, but Halo 5 is the hardest to shake the dust off for me if I don't play it for a while.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This game is for people with unhuman reflexes
That’s funny, I’m the opposite. I’m completely awful at Halo: Reach but I’d say I’m really good at Halo 5.
Just add me and I'll help lol.
-Angel
I'd say practice makes perfect but somegames people are just bad at. I am always ok at Halo games.
It takes awhile to get used to, but the first thing to note is this game is much, much faster than the older Halos. It's really about getting the movement and understanding where you need to go and how quickly you can get there.
eh, there's only so much you can do with a controller in terms of mastering fps games and building proper muscle memory. I'd suggest waiting until h5 drops on pc (I know not confirmed, but very likely) since with kbm u actually can build insane levels of muscle memory, to a point where it just looks like u have aimbot. Don't worry about getting good at FPS with a controller, please. It's like trying to get good at handball with one hand, really.