Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] I think Halo 4 was better

OP Lolicop Patrol

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 22
With Halo 4 being my starting Halo, then back-tracking to H3, Reach, then getting MCC for HCE and H2, I disagree. I feel all of the previously listed games are better. Halo 4 was more COD-y than I would like it to be. Although I still had a whole lot of fun playing Halo 4, it wasn't my favorite.
chaddyv3 wrote:
i miss H2/H3
I spent soo many hours playing halo 2 and halo 3 at my friends house on his xbox. soo many good memories.
Gameplay/maps were better on H4 IMO. I do like the "even" starts in H5 better. H4 felt more like "Halo" than H5 does to me... I really liked the MCC H4 settings with no random ordinance and mostly BR starts.

Just wish they would combine the GOOD parts of previous games instead of ignoring them.
Dead1ift wrote:
At least halo 4 had:
Split screen
Forge on launch
BTB on launch
*Some of the best BTB maps in halo
A good campaign
Campaign scoring
The ability to play custom games and forge without internet connection
A lot of playlists
An easy to use and enjoyable UI
Meaningful pregame lobby info
Meaningful post game info e.g medals
Detailed customization
*Slightly meaningful customization too
Some of the best maps in halo, not recycled lazy maps like halo 5
No micro transactions

Only things halo 5 beat halo 4 in are:
Gameplay
And sound track- halo 5 has beautiful music/voice acting ect

In conclusion halo 5 was released half baked, missing features and had stupid changes
Halo 4 was an incredibly complete well rounded and enjoyable game

Halo 5 has better gameplay, but its not all about gameplay.
Halo 4 is a better game than halo 5
Halo 4 was awful. But in regards to some of your points, there was no forge in halo 4 at launch, in fact it wasn't there for a couple months after its release if not more, and all it ended up being were 3 small islands in the middle of nowhere. It had few playlists that anyone cared about and instead of adding more they just kept taking them all away. Dominion, CTF, KOTH, Oddball, Regicide, and a few others all disappeared after launch. And BTB got permanently changed to btb heavies. Instead of infection, we got a messed up crappy flood game type that shouldn't have even been a thing, yet was. Most of the maps in halo 4, just like halo 5, were also forged(one example being shutout and almost all flood maps). Halo 4 gave you loadouts, but nothing could compete with the BR so that's all anyone used as a weapon. So no, hate to say it, but halo 4 didn't beat halo 5 as far as content or gameplay goes. In fact, it's a wide spread opinion that halo 4 was the worst halo imaginable. It did have a decent campaign, but I liked halo 5s campaign as well, so idk. I do respect your opinion, just make sure your points are valid.
Halo 4 had forge at launch With a few major maps.
It did not have forge at launch! Forge was added later and wasn't even made by 343 but actually certain affinity. Go back and check 360. It was added after launch, a month or two in, and was a free download. Once they added the hive gametype into flood, you weren't allowed to play that or most of the other game types without downloading forge island first. Google halo 4 forge island, it states the release wasn't until March 2013. Which is way later than the November release of halo 4.
Halo 4 had Forge before Forge island. While the forge canvases they had were -Yoink!- it was there at lauch.

People on this forum sometimes make no sense
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Also another nitpick, the pistols in Halo aren't even your average 9mm. They're firing .50 specialized high-explosive rounds.
CE Magnum = Pocket Rocket confirmed.
Halo 4's story was the only good thing about it for me. I also didn't mind some of the new weapons like the Railgun and SAW. Otherwise, there really wasn't anything else that I liked, personally.
Conn5000 wrote:
I have to agree with you on some points, i feel like the req weapons should be implemented into Arena, I get so tired of using the exact same carbon-copy guns in arena, while warzone has over 30 variations of each weapon.
True They should be avaible in packages and variations of the magnum and flagnum too that would be cool
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
MMA DEFEND THE GAME WITH THE LITERAL GOD PISTOL THAT PEOPLE PASS UP ROCKET LAUNCHERS FOR
This is entirely irrelevant but I just have to say something. You know, even assuming that's true, I don't see why that's so shocking.

In any modern FPS, or even in real life, a Pistol and a Rocket are pretty much equally lethal against a single person. Just because the Rocket is overkill doesn't change that fact. In fact I'd probably just stick with the Pistol in a real life scenario simply because it holds more ammo, is more maneuverable and can reload much easier.

Look at CoD. Rockets aren't even primaries, they're tertiary weapons.

Also another nitpick, the pistols in Halo aren't even your average 9mm. They're firing .50 specialized high-explosive rounds.
Also in real life rockets "AT4-RPG-LAW" have an arming range so you can't blow yourself and team up when someone jumps in front of you to snag your kill.
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 lol
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 lol
I came to the conclusion that H4 and H5 suck on my own.
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 lol
did you play the original games or was halo 4 your first? and i bought halo 4 on day one played it day one
Sorry, no.
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 lol
I spent an entire year cut-off from Halo discussion but playing Halo 4.

I came to the conclusion it was a schizophrenic trainwreck of ideas given zero thought or effort without pro players or long forum rants.
I think not.
So THIS is where all the H4 fans are hiding. I miss the old boltshot....
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 lol
I agree. You see, Halo 4's my favorite game not only of all the Halos, but of all the Xbox games so far. I've played Halo 5 and it's such an awesome, yes. But I prefer Halo 4 all the way.
It really sucks that many people are like monkeys, who only copy the actions and thoughts of those who produce negative comments :/
Why, in most of the cases (but not all of them), more and more people join this ideal that says that Halo 4 sucks because they don't want to feel ignored by society itself. That's the thinking of always standing with the opinion that has more people on its side, whether you think the same or not :(
Erik L wrote:
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 lol
I came to the conclusion that H4 and H5 suck on my own.
Maybe, you played Halo 5 on a different account? Your profile says you haven't played it since beta. Maybe it's a waypoint glitch. I would recommend that you play it again now that the beta is over. You can say it sucks but, I encourage you to take an adventure bite if you haven't already :) If I'm wrong here (I hope I am!) I'm sure you have a valid reason for hanging around Halo Waypoint and expressing your feelings toward games you dislike other than just to be here to troll. That's what it looks like to me though :( Once again I hope I'm wrong. Plug in your 360 and run some Rumble Pit in Halo 4. It's still really fun. There is a tight community of FFA players that still grind it.
Before Halo 5 came out, Halo 4 was my favorite (Halo 3 my least favorite, even though I first started with CE back in those days). I still miss some of the medals, such as KILLJOY, RELOAD THIS!, HEADCASE, and COMEBACK KILL. It was also much easier to airsassinate people in Halo 4... in Halo 5, I still haven't gotten a single one, my spartan always tries to ground pound instead of airsassinating the enemy, it's really annoying.
I have over 40 days played on Halo 4. It was a great game. You can't say otherwise to the kids around here. All it took was 1 "Pro Gamer" to say "This game sucks" and, *BOOM* Automatically the sheep follow suit. It's a shame people can't form their own opinions on one of 343's greatest games. A lot of the things I've read here are rehashed topics I've heard for the last 3 years... Halo 4 was great, Halo 5 is great and lastly Halo is great. I wouldn't be here to correct all you sheeple if Halo wasn't a passion of mine. I do prefer Halo 4's gun play over Halo 5's. I like the classic BR that's been put into Halo 5. It makes me want to play Halo 4 loldidyou play the original games or was halo 4 your first? and i bought halo 4 on day one played it day one
I used to skip school to play Halo 2 at my friends house. I started with Halo CE and LAN parties. I was a poor tech school student when the 360 and Halo 3 were in its golden age so I played Halo 2 on my old XBOX until I graduated. When I finally got on my feet I bought a 360 from Rent a Center along with Halo Reach (I have the blue flame Helmet) I bought Halo 3 next. I didn't like it very much. It felt slow and clunky compared to Reach. I bought a Halo 4 XBOX 360 on Launch day of Halo 4 (I have FOTUS Helmet and Armor). I finally got an XBOX One with MCC when they announced the bundle. I have been playing Halo longer than some of the current players have been alive. It's part of my life. I love it. Maybe, I am partial to Halo 4 as its a game I am very good at it. I have lots of subscribers and Followers on Instagram because of Halo and specifically Halo 4. I used to be a mod over at HaloTracker. The community can be pretty cool and extremely fickle at times. Google my Gamer tag sometime Auto Gladius :) I've made over 20 montages and I frequently post Multi Kills on Insta.
Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo Reach > Halo 5 > Halo 1 > Halo 4
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 22