Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I used to think Halo 5 had bad graphics

OP BBT2014

But then I played on Overgrowth...Wow...Beautiful map really shows off the lighting and the green looks amazing

Why doesn't every map look like it had this much effort put in...nothing from launch comes close...
Overgrowth is amazing. Alex seven looked pretty good from the caves to the beaches though.
How did you think Halo 5 looked bad? I mean really?
How did you think Halo 5 looked bad? I mean really?
It does look 4 years old, if I'm being honest. I didn't expect much given the xbone's hardware, but a little anisotropic filtering would have gone a long way.
BBT2014 wrote:
But then I played on Overgrowth...Wow...Beautiful map really shows off the lighting and the green looks amazing

Why doesn't every map look like it had this much effort put in...nothing from launch comes close...
I have no idea why... Same thing with all the Sanghelios missions too. They look better than every other mission in the game, almost jarringly so.
Tighter map, more detail. Plus, it's the only one that actually has character. Instead of being a shiny metal box like 90% of H5's maps, it actually has concrete, rust, dense foliage, etc.
The single player looks so much better than multiplayer. It felt weird to finally play the storyline. I kept stopping to look around.