Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I want platinum packs back

OP LethalQ

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
LethalQ wrote:
Omar O88 wrote:
Actually platinum packs are not worth what they cost. It was in one of Luke TheNotable's videos where he talked about plat packs. You should tottaly check out his channel.
Nah I don't waste my time with the angry YouTubers. I go by my own experience playing an the quality content of the Platinum packs out weighs the quantity of gold packs. I got way better boost and jackpots and reqs with the Platinum packs than with gold packs
Soo because someone has a different opinion on than you they are angry ? He proves that gold packs are better with actual data. You are going by your personal feelings which aren't factual. Just because you have gotten some good things from the platinum packs doesn't suddenly mean they are better. Don't know why you have such a hate towards YouTubers man it's kinda strange
LethalQ wrote:
A1NZ wrote:
I have everything now so I don't even care if the platinum packs comeback
Platinum packs give out way better XP boost. You aren't sr152 yet so there are still some emblems to unlock.
Mmm interesting but I play for fun not for the unlocks
Omar O88 wrote:
Gold packs are objectively better than platinum packs if you dont have everything unlocked, and even more so if you have everything already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMFjugV8bgI&t=1s
That is the link to the video there.
Linked it
I thought they removed the platinum packs because too many people were not satisfied of what they got from them compared to gold packs. It would be nice if they were brought back, but the packs need to be re-done to be effective imo.

Spoiler:
Show
LethalQ wrote:
Omar O88 wrote:
Actually platinum packs are not worth what they cost. It was in one of Luke TheNotable's videos where he talked about plat packs. You should tottaly check out his channel.
Nah I don't waste my time with the angry YouTubers. I go by my own experience playing an the quality content of the Platinum packs out weighs the quantity of gold packs. I got way better boost and jackpots and reqs with the Platinum packs than with gold packs
Soo because someone has a different opinion on than you they are angry ? He proves that gold packs are better with actual data. You are going by your personal feelings which aren't factual. Just because you have gotten some good things from the platinum packs doesn't suddenly mean they are better. Don't know why you have such a hate towards YouTubers man it's kinda strange
There really can be no data when it comes to RNG. It's random so actually yeah it comes down to each players personal opinion on if what they got was worth their points. Which is one reason why I don't like most YouTubers. They think because they made a video it makes it fact when it's still just an opinion and sadly people follow them like it's fact.
A1NZ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
A1NZ wrote:
I have everything now so I don't even care if the platinum packs comeback
Platinum packs give out way better XP boost. You aren't sr152 yet so there are still some emblems to unlock.
Mmm interesting but I play for fun not for the unlocks
Well I was getting those awesome hannible vehicles in those packs and those are fun to use in warzone
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Omar O88 wrote:
Actually platinum packs are not worth what they cost. It was in one of Luke TheNotable's videos where he talked about plat packs. You should tottaly check out his channel.
Nah I don't waste my time with the angry YouTubers. I go by my own experience playing an the quality content of the Platinum packs out weighs the quantity of gold packs. I got way better boost and jackpots and reqs with the Platinum packs than with gold packs
Soo because someone has a different opinion on than you they are angry ? He proves that gold packs are better with actual data. You are going by your personal feelings which aren't factual. Just because you have gotten some good things from the platinum packs doesn't suddenly mean they are better. Don't know why you have such a hate towards YouTubers man it's kinda strange
There really can be no data when it comes to RNG. It's random so actually yeah it comes down to each players personal opinion on if what they got was worth their points. Which is one reason why I don't like most YouTubers. They think because they made a video it makes it fact when it's still just an opinion and sadly people follow them like it's fact.
Well yea of course there are random elements that you can't account for. You can look at req point cost, number of items and rarity of items to draw an overall conclusion. In the video he had submissions from viewers showing what they had got in the platinum packs. The results were not too great. It's good that you enjoyed the platinum packs but a lot of other people haven't. I think they could be improved by reducing the req cost and taking out rare items. This way would only get ultra rare and legendary. I know what you mean about YouTubers but they aren't all bad
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
Once you have everything unlocked gold packs are a rip-off with their common and uncommon junk and waste of time boost. I will quality over quantity that the Platinum packs had any day.
He proves that gold packs are better with actual data. You are going by your personal feelings which aren't factual. Just because you have gotten some good things from the platinum packs doesn't suddenly mean they are better.
They are better than a gold pack for me because they give out 3 Arena legendary XP boosts which I hardly ever get in a gold pack and I need those for rank grinding.
LethalQ wrote:
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
Once you have everything unlocked gold packs are a rip-off with their common and uncommon junk and waste of time boost. I will quality over quantity that the Platinum packs had any day.
Gold packs only give you items of uncommon rarity or higher, so unless you have a screenshot or gif, I have a hard time believing that you got commons from a Gold pack.
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
Once you have everything unlocked gold packs are a rip-off with their common and uncommon junk and waste of time boost. I will quality over quantity that the Platinum packs had any day.
Gold packs only give you items of uncommon rarity or higher, so unless you have a screenshot or gif, I have a hard time believing that you got commons from a Gold pack.
You know what I mean, gold packs have low level stuff in them.
LethalQ wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
Once you have everything unlocked gold packs are a rip-off with their common and uncommon junk and waste of time boost. I will quality over quantity that the Platinum packs had any day.
Gold packs only give you items of uncommon rarity or higher, so unless you have a screenshot or gif, I have a hard time believing that you got commons from a Gold pack.
You know what I mean, gold packs have low level stuff in them.
Just noticed a fallacy and sought to correct any misconceptions. I'm a proponent of "say what you mean, mean what you say".
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
Once you have everything unlocked gold packs are a rip-off with their common and uncommon junk and waste of time boost. I will quality over quantity that the Platinum packs had any day.
Gold packs only give you items of uncommon rarity or higher, so unless you have a screenshot or gif, I have a hard time believing that you got commons from a Gold pack.
You know what I mean, gold packs have low level stuff in them.
Just noticed a fallacy and sought to correct any misconceptions. I'm a proponent of "say what you mean, mean what you say".
I did say what I meant. Platinum packs gave out way better items than gold packs. Sure you got more items in a gold pack but majority of the time those items are about worthless. I have a ton of rare and below reqs. I want higher level stuff which platinum packs gave.
LethalQ wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
once you unlock everything in silver packs platinum packs become a ripoff
Once you have everything unlocked gold packs are a rip-off with their common and uncommon junk and waste of time boost. I will quality over quantity that the Platinum packs had any day.
Gold packs only give you items of uncommon rarity or higher, so unless you have a screenshot or gif, I have a hard time believing that you got commons from a Gold pack.
You know what I mean, gold packs have low level stuff in them.
Just noticed a fallacy and sought to correct any misconceptions. I'm a proponent of "say what you mean, mean what you say".
I did say what I meant. Platinum packs gave out way better items than gold packs. Sure you got more items in a gold pack but majority of the time those items are about worthless. I have a ton of rare and below reqs. I want higher level stuff which platinum packs gave.
Well, you said that Gold packs give out "common and uncommon junk", which is simply not true. You may have meant it as an exaggeration, but not everyone reading your post would glean that, so I saw fit to correct the apparent mistake.

Also, it's worth noting that your experience with Platinum packs does not necessarily make them a better value than Gold packs, statistically speaking. I remembering reading a slew of posts when Platinum packs came out that they were a waste of RP and that people had better luck with Gold packs. But I expect that Platinum packs will make another temporary appearance some time in the future.
Platinum packs are far inferior to gold packs.
Didn't platinum packs give less reqs than the opposed gold packs? unless they changed that then I won't bother buying them.
Didn't platinum packs give less reqs than the opposed gold packs? unless they changed that then I won't bother buying them.
They gave less but higher quality
LethalQ wrote:
A1NZ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
A1NZ wrote:
I have everything now so I don't even care if the platinum packs comeback
Platinum packs give out way better XP boost. You aren't sr152 yet so there are still some emblems to unlock.
Mmm interesting but I play for fun not for the unlocks
Well I was getting those awesome hannible vehicles in those packs and those are fun to use in warzone
Ok we need platinum packs again you win dude
I don't care if they're not on The req store anymore. I never got anything good from the three or four that I got
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3