Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I want the Needle Rifle back

OP albinomachina

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I watched my son play some Reach today and it got me missing the Needle Rifle. Am I the only one that wants 343 to bring it back?
Try the most advanced Carbine - the Blood of Suban - closest thing to the needle rifle!
seanonix wrote:
Try the most advanced Carbine - the Blood of Suban - closest thing to the needle rifle!
Blood of suban is good but it doesn't look near as cool as the needle rifle. So sad that 343 took the easy way out and just reskinned a carbine.
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:
Blood of suban is good but it doesn't look near as cool as the needle rifle. So sad that 343 took the easy way out and just reskinned a carbine.
Plus, no super combine explosions.

edit - maybe it does, I don't think I've ever actually used a Blood of Suban. Ever.
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:

edit - maybe it does, I don't think I've ever actually used a Blood of Suban. Ever.
Needle rifle sounded a lot better as well
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:

It does. However, I'd still take the fully automatic explosion rifle over a discount reskin of it.
I think your son's got the right idea if want to use the Needle Rifle. Play the game that has the Needle Rifle. Reach is Reach. Halo 5 is Halo 5. We have both games. I play both. Don't you?
I think your son's got the right idea if want to use the Needle Rifle. Play the game that has the Needle Rifle. Reach is Reach. Halo 5 is Halo 5. We have both games. I play both. Don't you?
But ... Halo 5 has a pro-pipe. Why can't it have a Needle Rifle too?

And no, I haven't played Reach since H4 released.
I think this very same thing when people say they want the Falcon back, or a non-sprint game, or playable Elites, or anything else that's from the past the is still currently available and playable on Xbox 1.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I think this very same thing when people say they want the Falcon back, or a non-sprint game, or playable Elites, or anything else that's from the past the is still currently available and playable on Xbox 1.
If they can make 30000000 different versions of an assault rifle I'll never use, I see no reason why 343 can't resurrect the Needle Rifle.
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:

It does.
I watched my son play some Reach today and it got me missing the Needle Rifle. Am I the only one that wants 343 to bring it back?
this just makes me want a covey swat with needle rifles! reach loveeeeee
Tazzman29 wrote:
Poor response by you. Maybe people should go play halo 4 if they want split screen, or reach if they want in depth emblem/armor customization, or halo 3 if they don't want butchered vehicle play, I could go on....... people expect continuation, not dropping features or core gameplay mechanics in sequel games, the fact that halo keeps dropping in every category shows that you can't get away with it.
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:
Yeah,but I'd rather have a highly destructive carbine rather than a needle rifle that doesn't super combine until the shields are gone. Just like the needler in reach,I suppose,but if it acted like a blood of suban and maybe had a 3 shot kill but was ultra-rare and had a slower fire rate I wouldn't mind having it in the game.
It'd be nice to have it back :)
Well the Blood of Suban is literally an upgrade to the Needle Rifle in every way. More accurate, no automatic fire but higher firerate cap if you pull the trigger, no spread, and best of all, it sounds -Yoink-.

Also considering the fact that the Needle Rifle would be a REQ if it was added, we would have two Needle Rifles. We don't need a second model for the same gun.
We have the spirit of the needle rifle in the Blood of Suban, but why not bringing it back?
Like people said, blood of suban is the closest thing we'll likely get. I too want the needle rifle, that thing was slick as F***, Love everything about it, and with ADS in halo 5 i think it would look even better with the hologram scopes and all. We have so many weapons, it would not hurt to add this one in, on that note what ever happened to the plasma launcher? they have the model and everything?
Blood of Suban is more powerful than the Needle Rifle and makes it redundant and therefore not worth the dev time in my view. Not to mention that the Needle Rifle is designed for a sandbox that doesn't allow Supercombines on Shielded enemies, so rebalancing it to work with Halo without making it outshine or underperform the BoS will be difficult.
seanonix wrote:
the Blood of Suban - closest thing to the needle rifle!
This guy pretty much nailed it with his/her post OP. Blood of Suban is probably the closet thing we're going to get to a needle rifle these days. Though yes, the needle rifle from reach looks cooler, I personally like Suban better for it's fire rate.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2