Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I want the Needle Rifle back

OP albinomachina

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think your son's got the right idea if want to use the Needle Rifle. Play the game that has the Needle Rifle. Reach is Reach. Halo 5 is Halo 5. We have both games. I play both. Don't you?
Because 343 have made literally thousands of assets for this game, I doubt that a handful more would be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Because the older games are on older engines and older servers, and do not perform as well as an Xbox One release. Because the communities for these games are so small that even if you do get into a game, you'll be playing veterans as the pool of casual players dwindles.

I do play Reach often, but there's no denying that it feels sluggish compared to Halo 5.
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:
Try the most advanced Carbine - the Blood of Suban - closest thing to the needle rifle!
Blood of suban is good but it doesn't look near as cool as the needle rifle. So sad that 343 took the easy way out and just reskinned a carbine.
How is that a easy way? Almost every Req has at least 3 different variants. Why shouldn't the Carbine?

They did a wonderful job.
seanonix wrote:
Try the most advanced Carbine - the Blood of Suban - closest thing to the needle rifle!
This ^

That carbine is insane and awesome. Deadly and fun--probably one of my favorite weapon REQs.
Cyro XVX wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:
Blood of suban is good but it doesn't look near as cool as the needle rifle. So sad that 343 took the easy way out and just reskinned a carbine.
How is that a easy way? Almost every Req has at least 3 different variants. Why shouldn't the Carbine?

That's your opinion. I would rather them brought back the legit needle rifle with at least the same look instead of just painting a carbine and having it fire needles.
LethalQ wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:

That's your opinion. I would rather them brought back the legit needle rifle with at least the same look instead of just painting a carbine and having it fire needles.
That's not my opinion, it's a fact. Go through all the reqs it makes sense.

I can see why you would want it though, it was a great weapon.

You really got to take into an account how much room they have to work with, the memory, and the money, that they're putting into Halo 5. They're giving away things for free essentially. There's only so much you can do with the limited amount of space they have. And I'm pretty sure most of the req's and other updates were planned before launch with ideas in mind, and how much space they're going to have, and how much time and money they're going to have to invest. I'm no programmer but I'm sure creating models or even updating models, adding sounds, and features to them costs a pretty penny and time.
Cyro XVX wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
seanonix wrote:

That's not my opinion, it's a fact. Go through all the reqs it makes sense.

I can see why you would want it though, it was a great weapon.

You really got to take into an account how much room they have to work with, the memory, and the money, that they're putting into Halo 5. They're giving away things for free essentially. There's only so much you can do with the limited amount of space they have. And I'm pretty sure most of the req's and other updates were planned before launch with ideas in mind, and how much space they're going to have, and how much time and money they're going to have to invest. I'm no programmer but I'm sure creating models or even updating models, adding sounds, and features to them costs a pretty penny and time.
Actually having the third tier carbine firing needles doesn't make sense. No other variant weapon changes the projectiles it fires. Maybe they could have just made the rain of oblivion a bit stronger or something. That is basically what they did for all the other variants. Blood of suban is a good weapon it was still the easy way out of a real needle rifle.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I think your son's got the right idea if want to use the Needle Rifle. Play the game that has the Needle Rifle. Reach is Reach. Halo 5 is Halo 5. We have both games. I play both. Don't you?
I think this very same thing when people say they want the Falcon back, or a non-sprint game, or playable Elites, or anything else that's from the past the is still currently available and playable on Xbox 1.
If they can make 30000000 different versions of an assault rifle I'll never use, I see no reason why 343 can't resurrect the Needle Rifle.
Slight exaggeration there (although you're right.. there are a lot ha!), but you never know what 343 have in store us for the future. We've been given weapons I never imagined possible in this game.
Couldn't it cause some confusion? It looks vaguely like the storm rifle. But I'd love it back.
Storm rifle
Needle rifle

It could just be me.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I think this very same thing when people say they want the Falcon back, or a non-sprint game, or playable Elites, or anything else that's from the past the is still currently available and playable on Xbox 1.
If they can make 30000000 different versions of an assault rifle I'll never use, I see no reason why 343 can't resurrect the Needle Rifle.
^ klaka took the words out of my mouth lol. But the point still stands, if they can make thousands of different versions of one thing, and do it to almost every weapon and armor in the game, why can they not bring back old weapons? Or old vehicles, or playable elites? It would probably be a better use of time
Tazzman29 wrote:
Poor response by you. Maybe people should go play halo 4 if they want split screen, or reach if they want in depth emblem/armor customization, or halo 3 if they don't want butchered vehicle play, I could go on....... people expect continuation, not dropping features or core gameplay mechanics in sequel games, the fact that halo keeps dropping in every category shows that you can't get away with it.
You expect every follow up Halo to be some sort of Halo Turducken or something? Everything the previous Halo games had plus? That's a bit of an unreasonable expectation. Even previous Halos have dropped features, mechanics, etc that people liked in favor of new ones. Don't pretend like this was something that started with Halo 5. And don't mistake that Bungie did this as well not just 343.
Probably the closest you'll get is the needle carbine.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Poor response by you. Maybe people should go play halo 4 if they want split screen, or reach if they want in depth emblem/armor customization, or halo 3 if they don't want butchered vehicle play, I could go on....... people expect continuation, not dropping features or core gameplay mechanics in sequel games, the fact that halo keeps dropping in every category shows that you can't get away with it.
You expect every follow up Halo to be some sort of Halo Turducken or something? Everything the previous Halo games had plus? That's a bit of an unreasonable expectation. Even previous Halos have dropped features, mechanics, etc that people liked in favor of new ones. Don't pretend like this was something that started with Halo 5. And don't mistake that Bungie did this as well not just 343.
Bungie absolutely did drop features, they too even failed on improving things, yet they still offered a bigger game each sequel, not one regressed in content/features (as in KEY or core elements) Why should I give halo 5 a pass when older games have more lol?

i hope you caught the "sequel" part of that, that's what continuation is, that's what keeps your fans coming back. That's what has been lacking since h4 and after (since you assume I'm only going off h5), gameplay has been lacking since reach as well. There is no "in reasonable" to this, a 10 year old game (halo 3) has more features than halo 5, there's even newer games that aren't halo that still contain what their predecessors had while adding new crap.

Understand this: people call the halo fanbase (and 343 which is hilarious) "entitled". What is there to be entitled to? The franchise literally regresses game by game, it gives less and less each time, do you not expect people to get pissed? They're accustomed to what used to always be there in past products. I absolutely do not mind if people like them, but don't go saying x is unreasonable when it was in for multiple games.

lastly: do you think I'm some strict 343 hater? You think I excuse the crap bungie pulled off to? I'm simply a fan that will actively look for every flaw possible and voice it, it's up to the devs to decide what to do after. The name 343 means nothing, I'd be doing the same if it were anyone else, or any game that I see flaws with.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Bungie absolutely did drop features, they too even failed on improving things, yet they still offered a bigger game each sequel, not one regressed in content/features (as in KEY or core elements) Why should I give halo 5 a pass when older games have more lol?

i hope you caught the "sequel" part of that, that's what continuation is, that's what keeps your fans coming back. That's what has been lacking since h4 and after (since you assume I'm only going off h5), gameplay has been lacking since reach as well. There is no "in reasonable" to this, a 10 year old game (halo 3) has more features than halo 5, there's even newer games that aren't halo that still contain what their predecessors had while adding new crap.

Understand this: people call the halo fanbase (and 343 which is hilarious) "entitled". What is there to be entitled to? The franchise literally regresses game by game, it gives less and less each time, do you not expect people to get pissed? They're accustomed to what used to always be there in past products. I absolutely do not mind if people like them, but don't go saying x is unreasonable when it was in for multiple games.

lastly: do you think I'm some strict 343 hater? You think I excuse the crap bungie pulled off to? I'm simply a fan that will actively look for every flaw possible and voice it, it's up to the devs to decide what to do after. The name 343 means nothing, I'd be doing the same if it were anyone else, or any game that I see flaws with.
And instead of trying to nitpick everything. I find ways to enjoy myself and the game. End of discussion with you.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:
Tazzman29 wrote:

And instead of trying to nitpick everything. I find ways to enjoy myself and the game. End of discussion with you.
If you see key features as "nitpicking" then I guess it is over.
100% should make a return as a req
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2