Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] I want to play as buck, not a power ranger!

OP ShoGUNZzz

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
ShoGUNZzz wrote:
I am a big fan of Buck. You know, all the other basic armor multiplayer variants of the campaign characters can look pretty much the same. You can essentially play as Vale, Fred, and Locke. Why does Helljumper look like a Power Ranger? Why can't it be possible to make it look similar to Buck? Whats the reason for these white lines all over it? I was all like Buck's armor is sick. I want mine to look just like that. Nope.
I think they have his helmet in the req system. I have so many, I'm not sure if I have it or not. (I'm rocking the HCS armor like many others at the moment.)
I gotta say, the title of this post was -Yoinking!- hilarious! Tears were coming out of my eyes as I was laughing. Thanks, I needed that, my contacts were a bit dry. :-)
Hotrod192 wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Buck's armour in the campaign looks absolutely fantastic. But I agree with the OP, the multiplayer version of it has been ruined by the skins that they gave it. Honestly, would it have been so difficult to give us a variant with the same colour pattern as in the campaign instead of versions covered in blobs of white paint?

Buck's armour in the campaign looks absolutely fantastic. But I agree with the OP, the multiplayer version of it has been ruined by the skins that they gave it. Honestly, would it have been so difficult to give us a variant with the same colour pattern as in the campaign instead of versions covered in blobs of white paint?

Power Rangers / Edward Buck

How do you see the Helljumper Mjolnir as Power Ranger "armor"?

Why post the same picture twice? o.O

Hotrod192 is spot on. The Power Ranger reference was a joke. All the white lines on the multiplayer Helljumper is silly, just make is colored like Buck's Helljumper.
There's Helljumper & Helljumper Feet First.

Which one are you referring to?
Bro do you even power ranger
If you play the campaign co-op you can literally play as buck if that helps
TG Elto wrote:
If you play the campaign co-op you can literally play as buck if that helps
Yes, it does lol.

Timmie wrote:
There's Helljumper & Helljumper Feet First.

Which one are you referring to?
Helljumper, but honestly Feet First looks so off color on the chest with the white it's ridiculous. I just figured they'd do a better job. Like Buck's Helljumper looks great.

Buck's Helljumper / Multiplayer Helljumper
I don't really get why they make those unchangable white stuff either. I'm fine wotj tje, if they make those graphics in secondary color because if you don't like it, you can just change it to the same color as your primary.
ChaRaa wrote:
I don't really get why they make those unchangable white stuff either. I'm fine wotj tje, if they make those graphics in secondary color because if you don't like it, you can just change it to the same color as your primary.
Yeah its odd. Like look at the Copperhead my spartan is wearing. Solid.
ShoGUNZzz wrote:
TG Elto wrote:
If you play the campaign co-op you can literally play as buck if that helps
Yes, it does lol.

Timmie wrote:
There's Helljumper & Helljumper Feet First.

Which one are you referring to?
Helljumper, but honestly Feet First looks so off color on the chest with the white it's ridiculous. I just figured they'd do a better job. Like Buck's Helljumper looks great.

Buck's Helljumper / Multiplayer Helljumper
Oh wow; that does look bad. I don't see a power ranger though. But it looks like the Spartan Branch suffered severe budget cuts before they could reproduce "Helljumper [GEN 1]"

I don't have anything beyond Rare items so haven't seen it in game which is why I was asking. Buck's armor shall from hence forth be called "Helljumper [GEN 2]" and MP version is "Helljumper [GEN 1]"
Timmie wrote:
ShoGUNZzz wrote:
TG Elto wrote:
If you play the campaign co-op you can literally play as buck if that helps
Yes, it does lol.

Timmie wrote:
There's Helljumper & Helljumper Feet First.

Which one are you referring to?
Helljumper, but honestly Feet First looks so off color on the chest with the white it's ridiculous. I just figured they'd do a better job. Like Buck's Helljumper looks great.

Buck's Helljumper / Multiplayer Helljumper
Oh wow; that does look bad. I don't see a power ranger though. But it looks like the Spartan Branch suffered severe budget cuts before they could reproduce "Helljumper [GEN 1]"

I don't have anything beyond Rare items so haven't seen it in game which is why I was asking. Buck's armor shall from hence forth be called "Helljumper [GEN 2]" and MP version is "Helljumper [GEN 1]"
Lol. Spot on. The in game model is horrid. The white is dull and has no defined lines. I was disappointed. I would recommend the other mythic regular armors if you are looking for a better looking Spartan.

It definitely looks like a Gen 1.
Do you have it in game? If you do, could you go into theater and put it on, upload a few images to Imgur.

Im curious now. If you do, put on the grey that's closest to buck, with secondary grey also. Not sure what visor he uses.
Timmie wrote:
Do you have it in game? If you do, could you go into theater and put it on, upload a few images to Imgur.

Im curious now. If you do, put on the grey that's closest to buck, with secondary grey also. Not sure what visor he uses.
Will do.
Its because the games graphics are so oversaturated/vibrant the colors and details bleed together into a red/blue mess. The white is added to break up the color on the armor. Its an issue with the colorful sportsy art style they chose for the games multiplayer.
I -Yoinking!- hate the amount of white that 343 put on some of this armor...I wish that the armor was more like Reach...realistic, wearable, and badass.
Power Rangers / Edward Buck

How do you see the Helljumper Mjolnir as Power Ranger "armor"?
I think this is all the evidence we need, I don't really see an issue with the Helljumpers colour pallet.

Plus I have never seen the incentive to dress up like a character from the campaign, I would rather look unique and not like some weird clone.
I try to look at the white paint as a type of rubbish paint scratched off effect, but some armours do suffer more than others.
ShoGUNZzz wrote:
Look at this.

Buck's Helljumper / Multiplayer Helljumper
Yeah, mp Helljumper is awful, along with the rest of the campaign armors. Why did they feel the need to put such ugly skins on them?
The default has barely any white, the helmet anyway. Also, terrible comparison.
ShoGUNZzz wrote:
TG Elto wrote:
If you play the campaign co-op you can literally play as buck if that helps
Yes, it does lol.

Timmie wrote:
There's Helljumper & Helljumper Feet First.

Which one are you referring to?
Helljumper, but honestly Feet First looks so off color on the chest with the white it's ridiculous. I just figured they'd do a better job. Like Buck's Helljumper looks great.

Buck's Helljumper / Multiplayer Helljumper
Does anyone else see a smiley face on the feet first chest plate? I'm going default for sure.
I hate the dumb looking smiley face they put on Helljumper.

Let us customize the white colors 343
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4