Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

I would like the "Package" armor from Halo Legends

OP GreatfulGert

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I would be down for having that Armour in the game.
Toa Freak wrote:
Toa Freak wrote:
You mean THIS dope as hell, but canonically incorrect armor? It's wrong, but so right. I'm torn.
Technically its not canonically incorrect. Forward Unto Dawn takes place in 2526, a year after the S-IIs got their armor
The Materials Group had already produced dozens of variations of the MK IV platform, including advanced EVA and the first EOD suits based on direct experience they witnessed over their facility at Chi Ceti IV.
While technically not canonically incorrect, the armor make no sense, given the time period it was produced in.
Not sure I follow. Its just a modular armor overlay of the normal MK IV undersuit, and Im pretty sure the Materials Group could produce a suit in a couple of months...
Or is it more the look of the armor rather than anything else?
It's the shield emitters and the size of the fusion power pack on the back (way too small for its time period).
Okay that is true, there wasn't mainline shield tech on MJLONIR until the MK V (bar of course Red Team's test bed). Im not sure about the fusion pack, they never said it was huge on the MK IV did they?
Every other depiction shows it being similar in size to what we see on Mk. V. The Fall of Reach notes that Mk. V's is similar in appearance and slightly bigger (for the shields).
Lol are you just straight up asking 343 like a Christmas list for the package armor
Toa Freak wrote:
Toa Freak wrote:
Toa Freak wrote:
You mean THIS dope as hell, but canonically incorrect armor? It's wrong, but so right. I'm torn.
Technically its not canonically incorrect. Forward Unto Dawn takes place in 2526, a year after the S-IIs got their armor
The Materials Group had already produced dozens of variations of the MK IV platform, including advanced EVA and the first EOD suits based on direct experience they witnessed over their facility at Chi Ceti IV.
While technically not canonically incorrect, the armor make no sense, given the time period it was produced in.
Not sure I follow. Its just a modular armor overlay of the normal MK IV undersuit, and Im pretty sure the Materials Group could produce a suit in a couple of months...
Or is it more the look of the armor rather than anything else?
It's the shield emitters and the size of the fusion power pack on the back (way too small for its time period).
Okay that is true, there wasn't mainline shield tech on MJLONIR until the MK V (bar of course Red Team's test bed). Im not sure about the fusion pack, they never said it was huge on the MK IV did they?
Every other depiction shows it being similar in size to what we see on Mk. V. The Fall of Reach notes that Mk. V's is similar in appearance and slightly bigger (for the shields).
Fair. I need to look at the back of the armor again...
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Fred's armor from The Package.....
I want them back to halo 5
I would love to see The Package armors in Halo 5. It might not happen, but I'd be happy if it did.
BeneficBen wrote:
The armor i am referring to can be found here and here.
It is from Halo: Legends, a collection of animated stories, I watched it years ago on waypoint, and I'm sure the vast majority of you know about it.
I like the design of this armor and would love to use it in Halo 5 or even Halo 6. What are your thoughts, amigos?
I'd like to have that armour, but not being able to have a black undersuit may ruin the look of it.
Seconded. Only reason I won't use the Memories of Reach armor- aside from certain sets looking deformed- is the lack of black techsuits. Any classic armor they add to the game, it has to have a black techsuit... or no sale.
Lol are you just straight up asking 343 like a Christmas list for the package armor
Was something "straight up" confusing about my post?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3