Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Idea for new warthog weaponry.

OP BeneficBen

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This warthog would have two weapons instead of one, to the left of the gunner would be a stasis cannon and to his right would be a mini-gun or rocket launcher. You would use the cannon to first EMP a vehicle then by pressing "Y" you would swap to the mini gun or launcher and destroy the immobilized vehicle. Like a turret version of a Noob-Combo.

There would be 3 variants of this warthog:

( ultra rare) Paralizer - the EMP effect from the stasis cannon would last longer, but the warthog would have less armour.

( Rare)(Name unspecified) - this warthog would have extra armour, but the EMP effect would not last long.

Tranquilizer - this would be a mythic variant as it would have both extra armour and the EMP effect would last for a greater amount of time.

Note: The stasis cannon would not strip shields, it would only affect vehicles.

What are your thoughts?
Seems like a good idea but I think they might have already created hog wild and are just waiting for the release date to come.
How about one with a rotary spartan laser, with like 5 spartan lasers.

Pretty much charge it up once and so long as hold down the trigger it'll keep firing the next one and charging the one after that and so on.
How about one with a rotary spartan laser, with like 5 spartan lasers.

Pretty much charge it up once and so long as hold down the trigger it'll keep firing the next one and charging the one after that and so on.
That sounds like a lot of fun!
How about a Warthog with a gun the driver operates, like some sorta cross between a scorpion and a warthog
Guys how about an armored car where its just a regular warthog but slower and the Driver gunner or passenger cant get shot out and it be a mythic but has a bit less health than a scorpion great compromise. Btw the passenger cant shoot out if covered with armor there can alos be a variant where the driver is just covered but faster but less health and the gunner acts the same as any warthog
How about a Warthog with a gun the driver operates, like some sorta cross between a scorpion and a warthog
That sounds interesting, drive along as normal and when you spot a target, park the warthog, press Y to swap to the turret and fire away. Then press Y again to change back to steering and drive on. I hope 343 gives this some consideration :-).
Make it shoot Nerf darts that bounce off of armor but actually do damage similar to that of regular warthogs That would look hilarious. I believe there should be a "Nerf Skull" which when equipped, would make a player's ammo look like Nerf darts. I know licensing issues are a problem but it would be funny to see this in H5.
Guys how about an armored car where its just a regular warthog but slower and the Driver gunner or passenger cant get shot out and it be a mythic but has a bit less health than a scorpion great compromise. Btw the passenger cant shoot out if covered with armor there can alos be a variant where the driver is just covered but faster but less health and the gunner acts the same as any warthog
In my Art of Halo 4 book, there's a concept painting of a warthog that has an almost completely enclosed cockpit, maybe 343 could consider its introduction into Warzone?
Make it shoot Nerf darts that bounce off of armor but actually do damage similar to that of regular warthogs That would look hilarious. I believe there should be a "Nerf Skull" which when equipped, would make a player's ammo look like Nerf darts. I know licensing issues are a problem but it would be funny to see this in H5.
What if they created BoomCo skull instead? Or would that still cause licensing issues?
I think a vehicle which focuses on using EMP weaponary would drive the community in a full out outrage.
Arbi Viper wrote:
I think a vehicle which focuses on using EMP weaponary would drive the community in a full out outrage.
I was hoping that the variants I listed would help balance the vehicle out.
For example, the second variant has a weaker stasis effect, reducing the length of time immobilized by the EMP, giving vehicles a greater chance of escaping with only light damage.
I feel like they should do the Mod in halo reach where you could attach a Scorpion cannon on the back of the warthog and fire it when you are in the driver or passenger seat. I feel like that would be really wild if they made that an actual vehicle
How about one with a rotary spartan laser, with like 5 spartan lasers.

Pretty much charge it up once and so long as hold down the trigger it'll keep firing the next one and charging the one after that and so on.
Yes yes yes!
You could just take a rocket hog and get someone in the side seat with a plasma pistol instead
So... basically a Gremlin from Halo Wars?
hannibal warthog, as soon as it gets spawned, everybody dies. enemies all the way across the map? dead. teammates? dead. the game crashes, halo 5 servers explode. done. best vehicle in the game.

Spoiler:
Show
EndersEye wrote:
hannibal warthog, as soon as it gets spawned, everybody dies. enemies all the way across the map? dead. teammates? dead. the game crashes, halo 5 servers explode. done. best vehicle in the game.

Spoiler:
Show

I guess that works but honestly I think your xbox and tv should explode too
R3dMarine wrote:
EndersEye wrote:
hannibal warthog, as soon as it gets spawned, everybody dies. enemies all the way across the map? dead. teammates? dead. the game crashes, halo 5 servers explode. done. best vehicle in the game.

Spoiler:
Show

I guess that works but honestly I think your xbox and tv should explode too
great idea!! why didnt i think of that!! wait, why would only your xbox and tv explode? shouldnt it also take out the entire power grid for your city?
EndersEye wrote:
R3dMarine wrote:
EndersEye wrote:
hannibal warthog, as soon as it gets spawned, everybody dies. enemies all the way across the map? dead. teammates? dead. the game crashes, halo 5 servers explode. done. best vehicle in the game.

Spoiler:
Show

I guess that works but honestly I think your xbox and tv should explode too
great idea!! why didnt i think of that!! wait, why would only your xbox and tv explode? shouldnt it also take out the entire power grid for your city?
And the grid for everyone that was in that game too
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2