Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Idea for new warthog weaponry.

OP BeneficBen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
R3dMarine wrote:
You could just take a rocket hog and get someone in the side seat with a plasma pistol instead
That would work well if you were playing with friends but I'm doubtful of how effective that arrangement would be with randoms (imagine trying to organize everybody without using a mic).
PurityGuy wrote:
So... basically a Gremlin from Halo Wars?
Mostly yes, I just combined the EMP weapon from the Gremlin with the machine gun on the warthog. You would be able to swap between them by pressing Y, like when swapping between plasma cannons or Fuel rod bombs when piloting Banshee.
The only warthogs that I can see being added are the troop transport or some Hannibal variant, which would be interesting. Also think that Race is what game variant would be added.
How about one with a rotary spartan laser, with like 5 spartan lasers.

Pretty much charge it up once and so long as hold down the trigger it'll keep firing the next one and charging the one after that and so on.
If you hold it for long enough it starts playing Sandstorm.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
How about no more warthogs? :|
Grenade Launcher Hog. Exactly what it sounds like. Warthog with a grenade launcher turret.
Grenade Launcher Hog. Exactly what it sounds like. Warthog with a grenade launcher turret.
If you are referring to the Halo:Reach kind of grenades, where they could be EMP or explosive, then that is even better than my warthog concepts! Just fire a EMP grenade first, then fire a second explosive grenade, so much simpler. :)
It would be great if whoever makes the vehicle reqs had a look at this.
Reminds me of Crash™ Tag Team Racing® for the PS2 - anyone else remember that game?
I'm thinking more like a Super Heavy Duty tank version of the warthog. One that's a bit longer and wider, and has a mini tank gun on it. It could essentially be a rocket launcher that fires a shot super fast almost like the gauss. Or they could just modify the Gauss hog to shoot super explosive rounds like an under powered tank. I still think a troop carrier should make it's way into the game. Imagine an armored car that can fit like 4 guys in the back while keeping them safe.
We need the Helios' cleansing beam on a warthog.
A plasma turret.
How about a scout warthog that actually seats 4 Spartans instead of having one of my teammates sit where the gunners supposed to be while I go 3 mph to get to the other armory
God Huncho wrote:
How about a scout warthog that actually seats 4 Spartans instead of having one of my teammates sit where the gunners supposed to be while I go 3 mph to get to the other armory
343 might release a troop hog in the Hog Wild update later this year, but I'd personally prefer it if the troop carrier wasn't a warthog. I much rather it look like a futuristic version of this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Amphibious_Vehicle
I like it <ovo>
2 things

first on the last toyfair we have seen a heavy hog, and if it goes like last time with the phaton we will get this in hogwild

second- I think we will get the game typ race for halo 5 where you can go wild with your warthog
Not sure if any one suggested this yet, how about a grenade hog that fired 3 nades. Perfect for clearing out bases and shooting into tight spots.
Not sure if any one suggested this yet, how about a grenade hog that fired 3 nades. Perfect for clearing out bases and shooting into tight spots.
Sounds like a good idea.

I've also thought of a variant of a rocket hog, one that allowed you to guide the rocket yourself. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about airborne vehicles breaking lock-on by stunting, you'd be able to fly the rocket into the target using the right stick to change direction.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2